Ernestine Campbell (born in 1939) is an American celebrity personality from the United States. She was the former wife of the Little Richard (Singer, Musician, and Songwriter).
Furthermore, she enjoyed the privileges of being a well-known person. She kept her personal life information away from media interference.
As a married female, she cared for her child and husband. She dedicated her life to the social activities happening in the USA.
Little Richard’s Death News
However, the legendary singer Richard died on May 9, 2020. His family members did not immediately reveal the cause of death.
It is sad news for America’s music industry. They have lost two remarkable people, Little Richard and Betty Wright. Both of them did hard work and formed a special place in the industry.
Moreover, Little’s loving son Jones Penniman shared the sad news on social media platforms. According to the statements of the TMZ, the singer was sick from the past two months. Richard’s brother disclosed the death cause, i.e., bone cancer.
It was a tough time for him at his Tennessee home. At the time of his death, he was with his brother, sister, and son. Richard and Glen had a telephonic conversation on March 27, 2020.
However, Glen could not meet him due to the coronavirus pandemic and lockdown laid in the United States. The two of them were close, and Richard was like a father to him.
Early Life, Parents & Profile
Ernestine Campbell was born in 1939 (age 81 years, as in 2020) in the United States. Still, no updates are available regarding her date of birth.
Little Richard’s spouse stayed along with mother-father and siblings before her wedding. There are no exact details available online about her family members.
She tried to keep her life private from the people. Ernestine finished her high school and college studies from a reputed institution.
Wedding with Spouse Little Richard & Son
Little Richard and Ernestine Campbell were in a marriage relationship from 1959 to 1963. Ms. Campbell was the only wife of her husband. The couple adopted a boy child named Danny Jones Penniman.
Though, the details regarding the biological parents are unavailable on the online sources. Danny was around one year old when he came to his new family. On the other hand, Ernestine separated from Richard in 1963.
She did not remarry after her divorce. The late singer had a love affair with Audrey Robinson (Dancer). Soon, both of them mutually ended their relationship and then became good friends.
|Real Full Birth Name||Ernestine Campbell.|
|Age (As of 2020)||81 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1939.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Zodiac Birth Sign||NA.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 6".
Centimeters: 168 cm.
Meters: 1.68 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 65 Kg.
Pounds: 143 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||5.5.|
|Parents||Father: Not Known.
Mother: Name Not Found.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Marital Status||Married (1959-1963).|
|Kids||Danny Jones Penniman (Son).|
|Highest Qualification||High School Graduate.|
|Alma Mater||Private University.|
|Last Updated||On 12 May 2020 (© Dreshare.com).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Ernestine Campbell
- Richard Wayne Penniman started his career in the industry in the mid-1950s.
- His music performances were integration between the African American and White American.
- In 1962, he abandoned rock and roll music to experience his new phase in life.
- He went for a Europe tour as a concert promoter along with Don Arden.
- The list of the best singles from his creations include “The Fabulous Little Richard,” “The King of the Gospel Singers,” “The Rill Thing,” “Second Coming,” “Southern Child” and “The King of Rock and Roll” music albums.
- On the other hand, Ernestine Campbell was a socialite like her ex-husband.
- Little Richard’s wife lived in her life in simplicity after her divorce.
- Apart from that, her former hubby won several prestigious awards Blues Hall of Fame, NAACP Image Award Hall of Fame, Hollywood Walk Fame, and Georgia Music Hall of Fame.
- In 2019, Richard awarded the Distinguished Artist Award from the Tennessee Governor’s Arts Awards.
- Penniman was the top singer in the music industry still;, he could not win any competitive Grammy Award for his compositions.
- In 1993, he won the Lifetime Achievement Grammy Award.
- The three best songs “Tutti Frutti,” “Lucille,” and “Long Tall Sally” from his album “Here’s Little Richard” inducted in the Grammy Hall of Fame.
- The 2010s issue of the GQ magazine named him the “Man of the Year” in the related category.
- The net worth of Ernestine Campbell’s husband has valued around $40 Million US Dollars. Moreover, he was among the founding partners of the rock & roll music genre. He was active in the industry for around six decades.