Felicia Sonmez (born in 1983) is an American Reporter from the United States. She is the multilingual reporter for the “The Washington News” political news team. However, she supported the #Metoo campaign trended online.
Felicia shared her experiences of sexual abuse. On the other hand, she never desired to be a journalist. She was upset after failing in the Foreign Services Oral Examination. At that time, she stayed in Beijing and taught English in a school.
The Washington Post Fired Reporter Felicia
She came to the United States and joined The Washington Post breaking news department. Ms. Sonmez covered the political campaign of Obama in 2012. However, she suspended from her job in January 2020.
She posted a link related to the Kobe Bryant rape case accusation. Still, it happens after Bryant’s death on January 26, 2020. She removed the link, and around 100K people messaged her.
Early Life, Parents & Profile
Felicia Sonmez was born in 1983 (age 36 years, as in 2020) in the USA. In 2005, she did her BA (Government) from Harvard University.
Moreover, her mom Rita Sonmez completed her BA (Social Work). Felicia spent her one year as a Blakemore Freeman Fellow and studied the Chinese language from Tsinghua University.
Personal Life, Boyfriend & Spouse
Still, she never created a buzz about her love affairs. Specific sources claimed about her wedding. On the other hand, she is also the mom of a baby.
No pictures and details came out related to her extended family. Furthermore, Felicia Sonmez settled with them in Washington, DC.
|Full Real Birth Name||Felicia Sonmez.|
|In the News For||She uploaded her controversial website link about Kobe Bryant.|
|Age (As of 2020)||37 years old.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Zodiac Birth Sign||NA.|
|Twitter Account||twitter.com/feliciasonmez (73K followers).|
|Current Residence||Washington DC (United States).|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 7".
Centimeters: 170 cm.
Meters: 1.7 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 55 Kg.
Pounds: 121 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Parents||Father: Not Known.
Mother: Will Update Soon.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Husband Name||Will Update Soon.|
|Son||Name Not Known.|
|Highest Qualification||1. BA (Government) from the Harvard University.
2. Learned Chinese Language from Tsinghua University.
|Alma Mater.||1. Harvard University.
2. Tsinghua University.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Brad Pitt.
Actress: Scarlett Johansson.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Favorite Color||Blue & Green.|
|Love to do||Photography.|
|Favorite Food||Spicy dishes.|
|Net worth||Under Revision.|
|Income, Earnings & Salary||$60K-$70K.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Felicia Sonmez
- She wrote the music reviews for the Harvard Crimson.
- Furthermore, she loved the sunsets of Washington.
- Ms. Sonmez can speak a variety of languages like Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, and English.
- She likes milo and spicy food.
- In her career, she wrote articles for The L.A. Times, Huff Post, Chicago Tribune, The Independent UK, The Wall Street Journal, and the Daily Star Lebanon.
- She tries to keep herself away from the Smartphone.
- Moreover, Felicia devotes her time to photography.
- Most of her videos uploaded on the Cable-Satellite Public Affairs Network (C-SPAN).
- Sonmez gained further experience as a co-editor of Wake Up Call.
- She has written her own stories for “The Fix” organization.
- She captured some offbeat pictures and uploaded them on her Twitter account.
- On the other hand, she joined a Yomiuni Shimbun (Japanese Newspaper).
- She covered the 2008 US election campaign for a Japanese newspaper agency.
- She involved in the editorial department of the China Real Report (The Wall Street Journal).
- Additionally, she was with Agence France Presse for four years.
- Felicia Sonmez received around $60K-$70K salary from her reporter job. Still, the information about her net worth is not available.