Giles Deacon (born in 1969) is a British Fashion Designer, Creative Director, Businessman, and Founder from Darlington. He is best known as the founder of Giles Deacon group, Couture Fashion House.
Earlier, the designer used to work with the “Bottega Veneta” (luxury fashion brand). He also employed by Gucci for several years. Furthermore, in 2003, he launched his own label titled GILES.
Later, the designer came up his first collection at the 2004 London Fashion Week. In fact, he also won the “Best New Designer” at the British Fashion Awards the same year. His talent even bagged him the British Fashion Designer of the Year in 2006.
In 2009, Deacon also awarded the French ANDAM Fashion Award’s Grand Prix. As a creative director, he appointed by the French fashion house named “Ungaro” in April 2010.
But in September 2011, Giles and Ungaro mutually ended their collaboration. Then, the fashion designer launched his first haute couture collection in 2016. The calculated Giles Deacon’s Net worth is $5-10 million US Dollars,.
Early Life, Parents & Education
The businessman Giles Deacon was born to his Caucasian parents in 1969 (age 50 years old) in Darlington, England, United Kingdom. His father “David Deacon” worked as an agricultural salesman.
The designer’s mother “Judith Deacon” remained a homemaker. He and his older sibling i.e. a sister (name not available) grew up near Ullswater in the Lake District. As of education, Giles completed his school studies from Barnard Castle School in County Durham.
As per the source, Glenn Hugill (English television presenter, and producer) also studied with him in the same class. Later, Deacon attended the Harrogate College of Arts and he received an art foundation’s degree.
After completing the course, the fashion designer graduated Central St Martins in 1992. He studied with fashion designers like Alexander McQueen and Luella Bartley.
Personal Affairs, Girlfriend & Spouse
Currently, the founder is in a relationship with his girlfriend “Gwendoline Christie” (English Actress). From 2012 to 2019, she portrayed Brienne of Tarth in the superhit show “Game of Thrones” (HBO fantasy-drama series).
The actress is also famous for working in the projects like “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi”, “Wizards vs Aliens”, “The Friend”, “The Darkest Minds”, etc.
Giles and Gwendoline started their affair in early 2013. However, the couple tries to keep their love life away from any media attention. They didn’t even mention anything about their ex-lovers on the internet.
|Real Full Birth Name||Giles Deacon.|
|Profession||Fashion Designer, Creative Director, Businessman, and Founder.|
|Famous for||being the owner of Giles Deacon group, "Couture Fashion House".|
|Age (As of 2019)||50 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1969.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Darlington, England, United Kingdom.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||not available.|
|House In||London, England, United Kingdom.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gilesdeacon_/
|Awards||1. British Fashion Designer of the Year 2006.
2. ANDAM Fashion Awards Grand Prix 2009.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 6' 1".
Centimeters: 185 cm.
Meters: 1.85 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 85 Kg.
Pounds: 187 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||44-34-38.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Parents||Father: David Deacon.
Mother: Judith Deacon.
|Siblings||One older sister.|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelors degree.|
|School||Barnard Castle School.|
|Alma Mater.||1. Central St Martins.
2. Harrogate College of Arts.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Girlfriend||Gwendoline Christie (actress).|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Elvis Presley (American singer) and Angelina Jolie (American actress).|
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||swimming, hiking, and gardening.|
|Favorite Food||Pizza, Fries & Ice Cream.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$5-10 million US dollars (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
|Mobile or Phone Number||--|
|Home Details||Lavish Apartments in London, Italy, and Paris.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Giles Deacon
- According to Wikipedia, Deacon originally wanted to become a marine biologist during his school days. But the designer failed his chemistry A-level.
- Giles began to collaborate on the label “Doran Deacon” with Fi Doran in the initial days of his career.
- Furthermore, his girlfriend received a nomination for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series in 2019.
- In 2008, Deacon named as the Designer of the Year by GQ magazine.
- His style inspirations are Miuccia Prada, Coco Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent, Elsa Schiaparelli, and Mr J.M. Millet.
- The fashion designer, Giles Deacon’s height is 185 cm tall or 6 feet 1 inch and stands a few inches shorter than his partner, Gwendoline Christie.
- When it comes to health, Deacon took good care of his physique with moderate exercise and a clean diet. His estimated body weight is 85 kilograms (187 pounds).
- In May 2017, he designed the wedding dress of “Pippa Middleton” who is a sister of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge.
- Giles even appeared as a judge on the show Britain’s Next Top Model.