Harold Morrison (born January 01, 1932 – died March 04, 2016) was a Jamaican Architect, Founder, Famous Personality, and Celebrity Spouse from Jamaica. He recently gained media attention for being the Ex-spouse of Toni Morrison.
She was the first Afro-American woman to win the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1993. Toni actively worked as a Novelist, Essayist, Editor, and Professor throughout her life. The author made debut as a novelist in 1970 after releasing her first book titled “The Bluest Eye”.
Wife Toni Morrison’s Death, Disease & Pneumonia
Furthermore, Toni gained huge fame and success with her third novel “Song of Solomon” which came out in 1997. Earlier, her most celebrated project “Beloved” published in 1987.
It also won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction and an Anisfield-Wolf Book Award. On August 05, 2019, Toni Morrison died at the age of 88 due to complications of pneumonia. On Monday, the author passed away at Montefiore Medical Center.
Her publisher named Alfred A. Knopf. first announced the news of her sudden demise. At the time of her death, Morrison resided in Grand View-on-Hudson, New York.
Early Life, Parents, Siblings & Profile
Toni Morrison’s Spouse, Harold Morrison was born on January 01, 1932 in Jamaica. Therefore, his age was 84 years old, as of 2016.
Later, he moved to the United States of America in order to pursue his education. Harold graduated from Howard University in 1964 with a Bachelor of Architecture degree.
Personal Affairs, Spouse & Children
The architect, Harold Morrison, first started dating his then-girlfriend, Toni in 1956. According to a source, the former couple first met each other when the Nobel laureate was working as a professor at Texas Southern University in Houston for two years.
Harold tied the knot with his wife “Chloe Ardelia Wofford” (her real full birth name) in 1958. They also shared two children together. Toni and Morrison had two sons named Slade Morrison and Harold Ford Morrison.
Unfortunately, Slade died of pancreatic cancer when he was in his 40s. Furthermore, he also collaborated with his mother on five books for kids. Toni’s book “The Big Box” (children’s book) was written by her then 8-year-old son, Slade.
In 1964, Harold and Toni grew some differences in their married life. Hence, they decided to end their relationship and took divorce. This was before the rise of the Nobel Prize Winner’s successful life.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Harold Morrison Sr.|
|Nick name||Harold and Moxy Morrison.|
|Profession||Architect and Founder.|
|Famous for||being the husband of late Toni Morrison (American Novelist, Essayist, Editor, Teacher, and Professor).|
|Age (As of 2019)||84 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||January 01, 1932.|
|Date of Death||March 04, 2016.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Capricorn.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: NA.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 6' 0".
Centimeters: 183 cm.
Meters: 1.83 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 82 Kg.
Pounds: 181 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||44-34-38.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Name not available.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Toni Morrison (m. 1958 - div. 1964).|
|Son||Slade Morrison and Harold Ford Morrison.|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelor of Architecture degree.|
|Alma Mater.||Howard University.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Elvis Presley (American singer) and Meryl Streep (American actress).|
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Reading.|
|Favorite Food||Drop Biscuits and Sausage Gravy.|
|Net worth (approx.)||Under Revision (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
|Mobile or Phone Number||--|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Harold Morrison
- Wikipedia: Harold, Toni Morrison’s husband was also popularly known as Moxy Morrison.
- Furthermore, the architect has an accomplished architect business and worked on various projects in both Jamaica and the USA.
- After his separation with the author, he moved to Jamaica back and often travels to the USA to meet his son.
- Later, Harold Morrison again wedded his second wife (name not available). But they also took divorce in 2002.
- In 1965, Moxy also launched his own company “Shearer & Morrison Chartered Architects“.
- Later, Toni’s partner established his second firm “Harold Morrison Associates” in 1977.
- Money Factor: The calculated Net worth of Harold Morrison’s Spouse, Toni Morrison is $24 million US Dollars, as of 2019.
Explore More: Who is Star Emoni Bates? His Biography, Lifestyle, Story & Affairs
- Moreover, the University of West Indies also selected him to design numerous projects.
- He also awarded with several honors like the American Institute of Architects’ Gold Medal for general excellence in the study of architecture.
- His child, Harold is also an architect and currently works for Princeton University’s Plasma Physics Laboratory.
- On March 04, 2016, Harold Morrison Sr. passed away at the age of 84 due to natural causes.