Iqbal Chahal (born 22 January 1966) is a popular Indian government officer, entrepreneur, and IAS from Sri Ganganagar, Rajasthan, India. Iqbal Chahal is a 1989 batch IAS officer. His administrative experience is invaluable.
He has been the Chief Executive Officer of the Dharavi Redevelopment Project in Mumbai, Asia’s largest slum. At present, Iqbal Chahal is the Principal Secretary, Urban Development Department.
But it will be important to see if his work experience in Dharavi is currently working to stop Corona there. Chahal also worked as a chairman of the Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority (MHADA).
Apart from this, he also served the position of Aurangabad and Thane District Collectors and Excise Commissioner. Iqbal Chahal is known as a physically fit IAS officer. Chahal has been running the Mumbai Marathon since 2004.
Popular IAS has topped the news headlines as he has been appointed as the Chief Minister of Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) replacing Praveen Pardeshi. Today I will introduce you to the biography of Iqbal Chahal.
BMC Commissioner Praveen Pardeshi removed, Iqbal Chahal gets the responsibility
During the growing Corona crisis in the Mumbai metropolis, the Commissioner of the Municipal Corporation (BMC), Pravin Pardeshi, has been removed and given the responsibility to Iqbal Chahal in his place.
This is the second major relocation during the Corona crisis in Maharashtra. Earlier, the Corona treatment center in Pune has also been transferred to Dr. Ajay Chandanwale, Dean of Sassoon Hospital.
Mumbai has become the largest red zone of Corona in the country these days. 500-600 new Corona positive cases are being reported here every day. The number of deaths is also increasing continuously.
Two days earlier, viral videos of coronary patients and dead bodies of corona patients in the same ward in the same ward in BMC’s Sion Hospital, questioned the functioning of the metropolitan municipality.
It is believed that this incident has stamped the alien’s departure, but many political reasons are also being seen for this incident. Pardeshi’s close association with former state Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis is also considered as a major reason for his transfer.
Because he was appointed to the post of BMC Commissioner only during the tenure of Devendra Fadnavis. Earlier, he was considered close to Devendra Fadnavis while being Principal Secretary and Additional Chief Secretary in the Government of Maharashtra.
He has taken up relief and rehabilitation as the District Magistrate after the Latur earthquake in 1992-93, but the number of patients in Mumbai has been steadily increasing during the Corona crisis.
Reports coming from BMC hospitals and other hospitals in Mumbai are also unable to produce any satisfactory picture. It is believed that Praveen Pardeshi has been transferred in this period only to break the head of a big officer.
Early Life, Parents & Education
The famous IAS officer came to this world from his parents on Saturday, January 22, 1996, in Sri Ganganagar, Rajasthan, India. He was born in a Rajput family and belongs to the Hinduism religion. On 22 January 2020, Iqbal Chahal celebrated his 54th birthday.
There is no information is available about his parent’s name and profession to the media. He spent his childhood along with his siblings in Sri Ganganagar. He has the interest to do a government job since childhood.
He completed his schooling from St. Joseph’s Convent High School, Pathankot. After that, Iqbal enrolled his name at Jodhpur University and completed his graduation. He also did his master’s degree in engineering from Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology.
Later, he moved to the United States and took admission to Harvard University for his higher education. He had a passion to clear the IAS since childhood.
That’s why after returning India, he started practicing more and more to crack the IAS examination. His hard work paid off and he joined the 1989 IAS batch after cracking the civil examination.
|Real Full Birth Name||Iqbal Singh Chahal.|
|Profession||IAS Officer, CEO, and District Collector.|
|Famous Known for||Becoming the BMC commissioner.|
|Age (As of 2020)||54 years old.|
|Date of Birth||22 January 1966.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Sri Ganganagar, Rajasthan, India.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Zodiac Birth Sign||Aquarius.|
|House Location||Mumbai, India.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 10".
Centimeters: 177 cm.
Meters: 1.77 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 74 Kg.
Pounds: 163 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||10.|
|Parents||Father: Name Not Available.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Wife||Will Update Soon.|
|Highest Qualification||Post Graduate.|
|School||St. Joseph's Convent High School, Pathankot.|
|Alma Mater||1. Jodhpur University.
2. Harvard University.
3. Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology.
|Net worth (approx.)||INR 2.5 crore (as in 2020).|
|Last Updated||On 09 May 2020 (© Dreshare.com).|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Iqbal Chahal
- Chahal’s real birth name is Iqbal Singh Chahal.
- He becomes an IAS officer in the year 1989.
- After becoming an IAS, he did lots of social welfare works.
- Apart from an IAS, he also worked as a Principal Secretary for Water Resources.
- Iqbal Chahal was also appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Dharavi Redevelopment Project.
- He also served as Secretary of the Department of Medical Education and Medicine.
- Chahal also worked as the OSD of the Union Home Ministry and Joint Secretary.
- Because of his active physical stats, Iqbal Chahal is also known as a physically fit officer.
- Iqbal Chahal has been participating in the Mumbai Marathon since 2004.
- Currently, he works for the Urban Development Department as a Principal Secretary.
- He also serves the position of president of the Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority (MHADA).
- As an IAS officer, he also got the fatalities from the government.
- Iqbal Chahal’s net worth is around Rs 2.5 crore (as in 2020).
- A fit officer stands at a height of 5 feet 10 inches (in meters 1.77 m).
- He maintains his body weight is around 74 kilograms (in pounds 163 lbs).
- Iqbal Chahal lives a happy married life with his wife in Mumbai, India.
- There is no information is available about his kids.
- He also participated in many marathons and won so many medals and trophies.