Nabil Ali Mohamed (born January 03, 1938) is an Egyptian Scientist, Computational Linguist, Professor, and Engineer from Cairo. On the occasion of his 82nd birthday, Google dedicated a doodle in honor of him. The biggest search engine released a statement where they credited Dr. Mohamed for digitizing the Arabic language.
He helped to enable the computers to understand Arabic in digital form by creating several rules. Furthermore, Ali Mohamed started his career in the Egyptian Air Force as an engineer. He served for his country for two decades.
Later, he even worked in numerous tech and electronics companies. The engineer showed his skills by working in numerous firms around the world. Nabil often dubbed as a person who is responsible for bringing the tech revolution to Arabic speakers.
The computational linguist even helped them to connect to the rest of the world. In addition, the engineer used his intelligence in order to incorporate the language’s complex syntax into computational linguistics.
Dr. Mohamed also made efforts to bring his visual aesthetics into his work in engineering. Throughout his successful career, Nabil Ali produced numerous publications on computational linguistics.
Early Life, Parents, Profile & Education
The pioneer of Arabic language computing was born to his mother & father on the 3rd of January in the year 1938 in Cairo, Egypt. Hence, Nabil Ali Mohamed’s age is 82 years, as of 2020. His zodiac sign is Capricorn and possesses traits like disciplined, responsible, and self-control.
There is no much information about his parents, siblings, and early childhood on the internet. But we will try to update our readers very soon.
After completing his higher school education, Nabil Ali graduated from a local college with a bachelors’ degree. Later, he obtained his Ph.D. in Aeronautical Engineering from Cairo University.
He expressed his interest in art at a very young age. Dr. Mohamed always inspired to use his skills, creativity, & intelligence in order to apply visual aesthetics to the world of engineering.
|Real Full Birth Name||Nabil Ali Mohamed.|
|Profession||Computational Linguist, Professor, and Engineer.|
|Famous for||On the occasion of his 82nd birthday, Google dedicated a doodle in honor of him.|
|Major Work||Dr. Mohamed helped in enabling the computers to understand Arabic in digital form.|
|Award||2012 King Faisal Prize.|
|Age (As of 2020)||82 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||January 03, 1938.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Capricorn.|
|House In||Cairo, Egypt.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lukecombs/
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 9".
Centimeters: 175 cm.
Meters: 1.75 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 82 Kg.
Pounds: 180 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||45-36-42.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Parents||Father: Name not available.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Not disclosed by him.|
|Daughter||Names are not available.|
|Highest Qualification||Ph.D. in Aeronautical Engineering.|
|School||Local High School.|
|Alma Mater.||Cairo University.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Inspired by||Albert Einstein.|
|Dream Holiday Destination||Australia.|
|Love to do||Reading.|
|Favorite Food||Mughlai Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$5-7 million US dollars (As of 2020).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Nabil Ali Mohamed
- The 82-years-old computational linguist released various books, technical reports, and academic papers regarding computational linguistics.
- His prominent work in the field of computational linguistics earned him a number of awards.
- Furthermore, the engineer won the King Faisal Prize in 2012.
- He received the honor for his contribution to the promotion of the Arabic language.
- As per the source, Kevin Laughlin created his Google doodle. The designer created the picture by taking inspiration from title screens.
- How tall: Nabil Ali Mohamed stands a decent height of 5 feet 9 inches and his weight is around 82 Kg.
- Earlier, the title screens used the 8-bit era of video games.
- Kevin claimed in the statement that the footage of Mohamed’s computer generates a lot of nostalgia in people who remember his software.
- Therefore, he sought out the pictures of Ali that produced a similar nostalgia in himself.
- As of relationship, the engineer is happily married to his wife Ameena and also shares children and grandchildren.
- However, there is no much knowledge about his personal life on social media. He even tries to maintain a low profile in the media as well and stay away from any limelight.