Jamie Cullum (born August 20, 1979) is a British Singer, Songwriter, Musician, and Radio Presenter from Rochford, Essex. He gained fame after presenting a weekly evening jazz show on BBC Radio 2.
Furthermore, the 39-year-old started his career back in 1999 and released his debut album “Heard It All Before”. In 2002, he gained immense success with the release of his best-selling album “Pointless Nostalgic“.
Moreover, Jamie signed with Universal after one year in October 2003. Later, he published his second studio album called “Twentysomething“. In 2003, Cullum became the UK’s best-selling jazz artist of all time.
He plays a wide range of instruments such as piano, guitar, and drums as a jazz musician. In his career, the musician collaborated with artist like Gnarls Barkley, Elton John, Justin Timberlake, John Legend, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, etc.
He also performed in numerous large music festivals all over the world. It included Montreux Jazz Festival, Festival International de Jazz de Montréal, New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, Coachella, etc.
In fact, on 30 April 2006, Cullum presented in the biggest-ever crowd on Queensday in the Netherlands. Money Factor: the estimated Net worth of Jamie Cullum is $12 million US Dollars, as of 2019.
Profile, Parents & Early Life
Singer, Jamie Cullum was born on the 20th of August 1979 (age is 39 years old, as of 2018) in Rochford, Essex, England, United Kingdom. His father is a Jewish and Jamie’s mother is half-Indian and half-Burmese.
Hence, Cullum belongs to multiracial ethnicity. His paternal grandmother had managed to flee Nazi Germany. The singer grew up in Hullavington, north of Chippenham, Wiltshire. He has a sibling, a brother named Ben Cullum (British songwriter, record producer, musician, and DJ).
As of education, he first attended Grittleton House School and then Sheldon School. Later, Jamie graduated from the University of Reading and studied English Literature and Film Studies. In fact, he graduated with First Class Honours degree.
Personal Affairs, Spouse & Children
The 39-year-old Cullum is a happily married man. Jamie tied the knot with his wife Sophie Dahl (former model). Their wedding ceremony was a private affair that took place in Hampshire on 9 January 2010.
Furthermore, the couple also shares two children together. Jamie and Dahl have two daughters named Lyra (March 02, 2011) and the second girl (name not available) was born in 2013.
Currently, the pair and their kids live in Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire. Jamie’s portrait was painted by Joe Simpson (British artist) in 2011. Moreover, it also presented on a solo exhibition at the Royal Albert Hall.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Jamie Cullum.|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Musician, and Radio Presenter.|
|Famous for||Presenting a weekly evening jazz show on BBC Radio 2.|
|Age (As of 2018)||39 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||August 20, 1979.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Rochford, Essex, England, United Kingdom.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Leo.|
|House In||London, England, United Kingdom.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jamiecullum/
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 4.5".
Centimeters: 164 cm.
Meters: 1.64 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 64 Kg.
Pounds: 141 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||38-30-35.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Sophie Dahl.|
|Daughter||two daughters including Lyra.|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelors degree.|
|School||1. Sheldon School.
2. Grittleton House School.
|Alma Mater.||The University of Reading.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Elvis Presley (American singer) and Angelina Jolie (American actress).|
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Reading, Theatre Play & Artwork.|
|Favorite Food||Italian Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$12 million US dollars (As of 2018).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
|Mobile or Phone Number||--|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Jamie Cullum
- Wikipedia: His first television appearance was in the TV show “Parkinson” in April 2003.
- The jazz musician second album received a platinum certification.
- The musician also became the No. 1 selling studio album by a jazz artist in the UK.
- Furthermore, Cullum gained his inspiration from many different musicians but mainly and listened to Miles Davis (American jazz trumpeter, bandleader, and composer).
- How Tall is Sophie Dahl’s Husband? Jamie Cullum’s height is measured at 5 feet 4.5 inches (164 in cm) tall physique.
- He also possesses a slim, fit, and healthy physique with a body weight of 64 kilograms (141 pounds).
Explore More: The Biography of Sam Hurley, Lifestyle, Story & Trivia
- Money Factor: He is earning a fortune amount of income from his Live Concert, Songwriting Project, and Singing career in the Music industry. In addition, his calculated Net worth is valued at $12 Million US Dollars, as of 2018.
- In his career, Jamie also performed with Sugababes, will.i.am, Burt Bacharach, Deltron 3030, Kylie Minogue, and The Heritage Orchestra.
- The singer played in big events like the Playboy Jazz Festival, Jakarta International Java Jazz Festival, Monterey Jazz Festival, and much more.