Jelani Maraj (born November 27, 1978) is an American Controversial Personality and Celebrity Relative from Trinidad And Tobago. He is best known as an elder sibling of Nicki Minaj (American rapper, actress, and singer).
In 2007, she rose to prominence after the release of her mixtape called “Playtime Is Over”. Later, the singer came up with other mixtapes called “Sucka Free” and Beam “Me Up Scotty” in the following years.
Furthermore, her debut studio album Pink Friday which was released in 2010 became a huge hit. It bagged the number one position on the US Billboard 200. The album even received a triple-platinum certification by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
Some of her other notable projects are Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, Ice Age: Continental Drift (voice artist), The Pinkprint, Barbershop: The Next Cut, Queen, and much more.
Personal Life, Spouse & Rape Accusation
Nicki Minaj’s brother was sentenced to 25 years to life by the Nassau County District Attorney’s Office. Earlier, in November 2017, Jelani Maraj was accused of sexual assault against a child and child endangerment.
The incident took place when he assaulted his 11-year-old step-daughter at his home in Long Island a few years back. Moreover, the girl testified during the trial and told that Maraj regularly raped her in 2015.
The celebrity sibling used to rape her when his wife “Jaqueline” was not at home. His step-son also testified that he saw one assault. Maraj was punished for his crime on January 27, 2020.
Early Life, Parents & Siblings
Born in Saint James, Port of Spain, Trinidad And Tobago, in 1978 (age 47 years old, as of 2019). Jelani Maraj’s family later moved to Queens, New York City, USA. He celebrates his birthday on the 27th of November and his zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
Robert Maraj who is Jelani’s father worked as a financial executive and part-time gospel singer. In addition, his mother “Carol Maraj” is also a gospel singer and belongs to Afro-Trinidadian ancestry.
She also used to work in payroll and accounting departments in order to support her kids. Jelani faced various financial issues while growing up as his dad was alcohol and other drug addicts.
In fact, Robert also had violent behavior toward his children. The celebrity relative has four siblings i.e. four sisters Maya Maraj, Onika Tanya Maraj-Petty, & Ming Maraj and a younger brother named Micaiah Maraj.
|Real Full Birth Name||Jelani Maraj.|
|Profession||Not known (Convicted Rapist).|
|Famous for||being the elder brother of Nicki Minaj (American rapper, actress, and singer).|
|In the news for||Convicted of Predatory Sexual Assault.|
|Age (How old, as of 2019)||47 years.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||November 27, 1978.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Saint James, Port of Spain, Trinidad, And Tobago|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Sagitarrius.|
|House In||New York City, USA.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 174 cm.
Meters: 1.74 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 85 Kg.
Pounds: 187 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||44-36-42.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Robert Maraj.
Mother: Carol Maraj.
|Siblings||Sisters: Maya Maraj, Onika Tanya Maraj-Petty, & Ming Maraj.
Brother: Micaiah Maraj.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Not disclosed by him.|
|Children||one step-daughter and one step-son.|
|Highest Qualification||High School Graduate.|
|School||Local High School.|
|Alma Mater.||Not available.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Will Smith.
Actress: Jennifer Lawrence.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Switzerland.|
|Love to do||Watching Football Games.|
|Favorite Food||Mexican Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$5-7 million US dollars (As of 2019).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Jelani Maraj
- In December 1987, Robert Maraj burned down his house when he was under the influence.
- His dad is of Dougla (Afro-Trinidadian mother and Indo-Trinidadian father) descent.
- As per Wikipedia, Jelani and his siblings used to with their grandmother in Saint James.
- Furthermore, his mom used to attend Monroe College when Maraj was around 12 or 13. At the age of 15, he and his family started to live in Queens.
- His sister Nicki Minaj revealed in her song “All Things Go,” that she had an abortion as a teenager.
- She dated her ex-boyfriends named “Safaree Samuels” (rapper and TV star) and rapper “Meek Mill” (in early 2015).
- Later, in August 2019, the singer tied the knot with her childhood friend Kenneth “Zoo” Petty. They announced their marriage on October 21, 2019.
- Jelani’s cousin named Nicholas Telemaque was brutally assassinated near his home in Brooklyn, New York in July 2011.
- During his trial, he told the judge he had an alcohol problem and requested a second chance.
- Jelani Maraj and his spouse Jaqueline married each other back in 2015 in a private ceremony.