Jenny Taft (born September 5, 1987) is an American Television Personality, Anchor, News Reader, and Sports Journalist from Edina, Minnesota. She is famous for being the host of Fox Sports 1’s “Undisputed”. In addition, she is popularly known as Matt Gilroy’s spouse (American Ice hockey defenseman).
Taft joined Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharpe on Fox Sports’ show as a moderator in 2018. Furthermore, the 31-year-old journalist replaced Joy Taylor (American radio personality and television host).
She began her career for the Minnesota Twins and Minnesota Wild in 2010. Jenny worked as an in-arena for them. Moreover, TV personality then joined the Minneapolis station Fox Sports North in 2011.
She served as a host and sports reporter there. In addition, Taft mainly covers college sports, and particularly football. The journalist also worked in a 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup in Canada. Last year, she also covered the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
Childhood, Parents, Early Life & Education
This Television Anchor was born on the 5th of September 1987 in Edina, Minnesota, United States. At present, Jenny Taft’s age is 31 years old. Her father John Taft remained the captain of the 1976 U.S. Olympic ice hockey team.
Jenny’s mother Mary Taft is a former speed skating champion. The journalist belongs to a White Caucasian ethnicity. Furthermore, she also has a younger brother named Charlie Taft. Both the siblings brought up in Minnesota. Jenny completed her school education from Edina High School.
Later, she graduated from Boston University with a bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism in 2010. Jenny started working as a journalist immediately after completing college.
Wedding with Matt Gilroy, Boyfriend & Children
The 31-year-old journalist is a married woman. She tied the knot with her husband Matt Gilroy in 2015. She dated her boyfriend for almost 5 years before their wedding.
He is an American professional ice hockey player in Switzerland’s National League. Currently, Gilroy is playing with the SC Rapperswil-Jona Lakers (Swiss team).
Furthermore, the couple first met while attending Boston University together. The love partner has a long-distance relationship. Matt lives in Europe for playing in the Swiss team. The anchor is pursuing her job in Los Angeles, California, United States.
|Real Full Birth Name||Jenny Taft.|
|Profession||Television Personality, Anchor, and Sports Journalist.|
|Famous for||being the Host of Fox Sports 1’s “Undisputed”.|
|Age (As of 2019)||32 years.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||September 5, 1987.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Edina, Minnesota, United States.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Virgo.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Current Residence||Los Angeles, California, United States.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 10".
Centimeters: 178 cm.
Meters: 1.78 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 62 Kg.
Pounds: 136 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||35-27-35.|
|Shoe Size (US)||8.|
|Tattoo details?||Will Update.|
|Parents||Father: John Taft.
Mother: Mary Taft.
|Siblings||Brother: Charlie Taft.|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Matt Gilroy (m. 2015 - Present).|
|Son||Information not available.|
|School||Edina High School.|
|College/ University||Boston University.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Robert Downey, Jr.
Actress: Jennifer Aniston.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Travel, Shopping and Singing.|
|Favorite Food||Italian Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$2 Million US dollars (As of 2018).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Jenny Taft
- During high school, Jenny was the captain of the lacrosse team.
- Matt Gilroy’s wife started playing when she was in ninth grade and excelled in the sport.
- In fact, the former player also remained a member of the Minnesota national lacrosse team for 3 years.
- Furthermore, her spouse played in the various teams like Florida Panthers, Ottawa Senators, NHL for the New York Rangers, and Tampa Bay Lightning.
- Money Factor: The estimated Net worth of Matt Gilroy’s Spouse is $2 million US Dollars.
- In her early career, she also covered the Monster Energy Supercross and the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.
- Jenny Taft’s height stands at 5 Feet 10 Inches tall (178 in centimeters) and her body weight is 62 kilograms (136 in Pounds).
- Moreover, the anchor speaks French fluently.
- In fact, Taft left everyone in astonishment when she spoke fluent French while interviewing viewers during the FIFA World Cup.
- She also has a decent fan following on Instagram having 69.2+ k followers.
- The 31-year-old host also worked with Jethro (retired service dog) and shared the dog’s picture on Instagram.
- The journalist will share Jethro’s special story during the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.