Joni Villanueva (born in 1979 – died May 28, 2020) was a Filipino Politician from the Philippines. She served as the mayor of Bocaue (Bulacan). She died on May 28, 2020, around 5:08 pm.
Furthermore, she suffered from sepsis secondary to bacterial pneumonia. She admitted to the hospital for the treatment. In her last days, she focused on her mayor duties. Her brother from her family made her death news public.
Joni had known for the strong vision and work style. She supported the farmers by buying their crops in the coronavirus lockdown. Still, her death is a significant loss for humanity. She remembered for her contribution to the development and growth of the Bocaue region, Philippines.
Early Life, Parents & Brother
Joel Villanueva’s sister, Joni Villanueva was born in 1979 (age 40 years, as in 2019) in the Philippines. Joni Villanueva Tunga’s father is Eddie Villanueva (JIL Founder & CIBAC Representative).
Still, her mother’s name is unavailable on the internet sources. Joni’s mom and sister Dory Villanueva died two months before her death.
Her brother Eddie Villanueva Jr. and Joel Villanueva is a senator. She finished her high school education from the Manila city. Then, she traveled to a foreign land to complete her higher college education.
Marriage, Spouse & Children
The Bocaue Mayor married Sherwin Tunga (Former Congressman). Both of them blessed with a daughter Elia Grace who is 6 years old.
Sherwin’s is sad after getting the death news of Joni Villanueva. He cannot believe that he lost his supportive and caring partner.
Moreover, the couple was a steady companion for each other. They maintained a stable relationship and stayed away from false controversies.
|Real Full Birth Name||Joni Villanueva Tunga.|
|Profession||Bocaue (Bulacan) Mayor.|
|Age (As of 2019)||40 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1979.|
|In The News For||She died on May 28, 2020.|
|Death Date||May 28, 2020.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Cause||Sepsis Secondary & bacterial pneumonia.|
|Zodiac Birth Sign||NA.|
|Last Updated||On 29 May 2020 (© Dreshare.com).|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 5".
Centimeters: 165 cm.
Meters: 1.65 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 56 Kg.
Pounds: 124 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.5.|
|Parents||Father: Eddie Villanueva (JIL Founder & CIBAC Representative).
Mother: Not Known (Dead).
|Siblings||Brother: Eddie Villanueva Jr. & Joel Villanueva (Senator).
Sister: Dory Villanueva
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Boyfriend Name||Not Known.|
|Husband||Sherwin Tunga (Former Congressman).|
|Kids||Elia Grace (Daughter).|
|Alma Mater||Private College.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Joni Villanueva
- The JIL board shared her death news on their Facebook page on May 28.
- Furthermore, they called her an exemplary leader, the woman with a strong vision and action.
- She worked on the Executive Director Position in the Jesus is Lord Church Worldwide board.
- She had big dreams in her mind for the development of Bocaue.
- She used some innovative methods to help people.
- When she was sick, she did not stop her work. Furthermore, she involved herself in the packing and distribution of the food packets for needy people.
- Joni Villanueva’s brother told that they had lost the most exceptional public servant of the Philippines.
- No one is unable to fill her place as a Bocaue Mayor.
- In the coronavirus pandemic and lockdown, Joni worked hard and supported the local people of her area.
- She relaxed the quarantine rules to help the farmers to sell their crops directly to the government.
- Senator Nancy Binay posted condolence messages along with the Bocaue people on social media.
- The finance committee and other leaders paid a one-minute silence tribute to Joni.
- Villanueva’s political career started in 2016. She became the substitute for her brother Eddie Jr. during the mayor elections.
- She defeated her rival candidate Jim Valerio after the best of 5-coin toss.
- Again, the Bocaue people elected her on the mayor position last year.