Julia Ruth Stevens (born July 7, 1916 – died March 9, 2019) was an American Homemaker, Former Businesswoman, and Famous Personality from Georgia. She is popularly known as Babe Ruth’s daughter. He was an American professional baseball player who played from 1914 to 1935 in the Major League Baseball (MLB).
Furthermore, Babe gained fame as an outfielder for the New York Yankees. He was also considered one of the greatest players of all time. Julia, who was the last surviving child of baseball legend, recently died at the age of 102.
On March 9, 2019, her son “Tom Stevens” announced that Julia Ruth Stevens passed away after a short illness. Moreover, she spent her last time at an assisted living facility in Henderson, Nevada. Her body buried in New Hampshire where she used to live.
As a former businesswoman, Stevens was the owner of “Cranmore Mountain Lodge” in Conway, New Hampshire. She also managed and operated the firm with her first spouse “Richard” until his demise.
Later, she worked in the general store in Eaton Center as a proprietress and postmistress. After that, she joined Brent Stevens’ (her husband) business in Washington. Julia then became Babe Ruth ambassador after her retirement.
Profile, Parents & Early Life
The daughter of Babe Ruth was born on the 7th of July 1916 in Georgia, The United States of America. At present, Julia Ruth Stevens’ age was 102 years old. Her father George Herman “Babe” Ruth Jr. was elected into the Baseball Hall of Fame as one of its “first five” inaugural members in 1936.
Julia’s mother “Claire Merritt Hodgson” married Babe on April 17, 1929. She was an America actress and model. Moreover, Julia’s parents adopted her after their marriage. Hence, Ruth was not her biological dad.
Earlier, the baseball legend tied the knot with his first wife named “Helen Woodford” on October 17, 1914. Julia Ruth also had a half-sister named “Dorothy Ruth” from Babe side. Helen and Ruth initially told that Dorothy was their adopted child.
But it was later revealed that she was Babe Ruth’s biological daughter. She was born to him by a mistress named Juanita Jennings. In 1988, Dorothy published a book titled “My Dad, the Babe” where she revealed this information.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Julia Ruth Stevens.|
|Famous for||1. Being the daughter of baseball legend Babe Ruth.
2. Recently she passed away at the age of 102.
|Age (As of 2018)||102 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||July 7, 1916.|
|Date of Death||March 9, 2019.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Georgia, United States.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Cancer.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Current Residence||Henderson, Nevada, United States.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 7".
Centimeters: 170 cm.
Meters: 1.7 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 55 Kg.
Pounds: 121 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||34-24-35.|
|Shoe Size (US)||8.|
|Tattoo details?||Will Update.|
|Parents||Father: Babe Ruth.
Mother: Claire Merritt Ruth.
|Siblings||Half-Sister: Dorothy Ruth.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||1. Richard Flanders (ex-husband).
2. Grant Meloon (ex-husband).
|Husband/Spouse Name||Brent Stevens.|
|College/ University||Will update.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Elvis Presley.
Actress: Grace Kelly.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Read and Listen to old music.|
|Favorite Food||Italian Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$10 Million US dollars (As of 2018).|
|Annual Income & Earnings||Under Review.|
|Office Address||Not Known|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||N.A.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Julia Ruth Stevens
- In 1934, Babe Ruth’s child went on an “around the world” tour with her family.
- Julia initially married to her first husband “Richard Flanders”. They both ran their business efficiently.
- Later, Richard died due to some health issues.
- Furthermore, she met her boyfriend “Grant Meloon” while working in a general store and they started dating each other.
- After a few years, the former couple wedded in a private ceremony. However, their marriage didn’t last long and they divorce each other.
- Stevens then tied the knot with her third partner “Brent Stevens” (poultry farmer).
- Moreover, she was popularly recognized as “the egg lady” throughout the Mount Washington Valley.
Read Also: Who is Freeda Foreman? Wikipedia Profile, Story & Trivia
- The couple also shared a son named “Tom Stevens” together.
- Julia also has a daughter-in-law named “Anita Stevens”.
- In fact, Tom and Anita blessed her with two grandchildren Amanda Dandro (granddaughter) and Brent Stevens (grandson).
- The 102-year-old former businesswoman also had great-granddaughters Lexi and Maddy Stevens and great-grandsons Parker and Lukas Dandro.