Karl Stefanovic (born August 12, 1974) is an Australian Television News Anchor, Journalist and Presenter from Darlinghurst (Australia). In fact, he is honored with the Gold-Logie for distinguished contribution in the media. He hosts the breakfast show “Today” along with Georgie Gardener. The series telecast on the Nine Network channel.
However, he battled with the controversies with the LGBTQI communities. During the morning show, Karl used the word “tranny”. Moreover, he cracked jokes targeting specific community people. He opposed the popular rugby player Israel Folau for following Christianity.
Furthermore, challenges the idea of freedom and religion. In 2017, he ended his relationship with Cassandra Thorburn. They have three children together. Mr. Stefanovic engaged to former Aussie model and entrepreneur Jasmine Yarbrough. She is the creator of Mara & Mine.
The couple exchanged the rings in February 2018. However, he revealed his hard time after separating with his ex-spouse. On the other hand, he is happy with Jasmine. They have planned a great Mexican. Still, the wedding date has not finalized.
Profile, Parents & Early Life
The Award Winning Journalist was born on the 12th of August 1974 in Darlinghurst, Australia. Presently, Karl Stefanovic’s age is 44 years old in 2018. In fact, He is the son of Alex Stefanovic is Serbian-German. His mother is Jenny Stefanovic belongs to Australian ethnicity.
He has two brothers Peter Stefanovic and Tom Stefanovic. Peter also works as a journalist in 60 Minutes. His cute sister’s name is Elisa. Furthermore, he did his schooling from Anglican Church Grammar School.
After that, he got his journalism degree from the Queensland University of Technology. Alex’s son also studied at St Augustines College. However, he could clear NIDA or get the cadetship after his journalism course.
Girlfriend, Personal Affairs & Children
Karl and his ex-wife Cassandra met in the party organized in Rockhampton in 1995. Later on, they planned to marry in the same year. Now, Cassandra and her husband have three kids.
The name of their loving children is Jackson Stefanovic (son), River Stefanovic (son) and Ava Stefanovic (daughter). Due to uncertain circumstances, they filed divorced in 2016.
Presently, he is dating executive Cassandra Thorburn. He made his relationship in public in the month of February 2018.
|Full Birth Name||Karl Stefanovic.|
|Profession||TV Presenter at Nine News Network.|
|Age (As of 2018)||44 years old|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||August 12, 1974.|
|Famous For||Engaged to "Mara & Mine" founder Jasmine Yarbrough.|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Leo.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 10".
Centimeters: 178 cm.
Meters: 1.78 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 68 Kg.
Pounds: 149 lbs.
|Biceps Size||12 inches.|
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||40-36-37.|
|Shoe Size (US)||6.|
|Parents||Father: Alex Stefanovic (Serberian-German).
Mother: Jenny Stefanovic (Australian).
|Siblings||Brother: Peter Stefanovic & Tom Stefanovic.
Sister: Elisa Stefanovic.
|Wife & Relationship|
|Dating History?||In a relationship Austrialian Model Jasmine Yarbrough.|
|Girlfriend||1. Cassandra Thorburn (Journalist).
2. Jasmine Yarbrough (Model & Businesswoman).
|Wife/Spouse Name||Cassandra Thorburn (m. 1995; div. 2017).|
|Children||Son: Jackson Stefanovic & River Stefanovic.
Daughter: Ava Stefanovic.
|Highest Qualification||Graduate in Journalism from Queensland University of Technology.|
|School||Anglican Church Grammar School.|
|College/University||1. St Augustines College.
2. Queensland University of Technology.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Sukollawat Kanarot.
Actress: Davika Hoorne.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Switzerland.|
|Love to do||Reading Books and Fishing.|
|Favorite Dishes||Italian Food.|
|Net worth (Approx.)||$8 Million Australian Dollars (As of 2018).|
|Earnings (Yearly)||$700,000-900,000 AUD.|
|Office Address||Will Update.|
|Home Details||Not Known|
|Mobile or Phone Number||NA.|
|Email Address||Not Known.|
|Official Website||Will Update Soon.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Karl Stefanovic
- Karl got his first job at WIN channel in Rockhampton as a cadet reporter.
- In fact, went to New Zealand in 1995 to work with One Network News.
- He also joined Ron Wilson as the news filler in Sydney city.
- Soon, Jasmine’s boyfriend returned to Australia to work with Ten News, Brisbane.
- By the coming of 2000, he made his mind to move to National Nine News.
- Earlier, he took the post of the backup presenter.
- The 44-year-old recognized for his reports on London Olympics 2012 and Childer backpacker fire incident in the hostel 2001.
- Primarily, he hosted “Today” and “A Current Affair” show every Sunday.
- Apart from he participated in the Sydney to Hobart Yacht race 2013.
- Wealth & Financial Details: The estimated Net worth of Karl Stefanovic is valued at $8 Million Australian Dollars.
- Other famous people joined him are Phil Waugh, Jude Bolton, and Larry Emdur.
- He made it to the finale of Torvill and Dean’s Dancing on Ice by Nine networks.
- Though, he lost the dance show against Jake Poll in public polling.
- Furthermore, River’s father replaced David Campbell and Ray Martin to host “Carols by Candlelight”.
- Another TV presenter Lisa Wilkinson also joined him.
- Sometimes, he ended up with small fights in the panel shows like “The Verdict” and “The Project”.
- During 2017, he started to present “The Time Next Year” aired on Nine Network.
- Stefanovic shared his suit incident in an interview with Fairfax Media in November 2015.
- Actually, he wears the same suit every day and no one noticed him.
- Somehow, the female reporters faced criticism for wearing the same dresses in the shows.