Nancy Parker (born 1966 – died August 16, 2019) was an American Journalist, News Anchor, Reporter and Media Personality from Opelika, USA. Additionally, she employed at the Fox8 in New Orleans for 23 years. She hosted the local news shows.
Nancy honored with the Emmy Award (2012) for her special report “Staying a Line”. Moreover, she nominated for the various media awards. Though, Nancy’s life ended in a deadly plane crash near New Orleans on August 16, 2019.
The plane accident happened on the east side near to the Lakefront Airport. Still, the people who lost their lives are the pilot, flight instructor and a stuntman. Her spouse and children are upset about her death. Lee Zurik told her death news on the Fox 8 7 p.m. telecast.
Early Life, Parents & Profile
News Anchor, Nancy Parker was born to her mother Patsy Parker in 1966 (age 53 years old, at the time of her death in 2019). The place of her birth is Opelika, Alabama (USA). She is the talented daughter of her dad named Bill Parker.
Additionally, she graduated with an honors degree at Opelika High School. Then, Parker pursued her Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism at the University of Alabama.
Wedding, Spouse, Boyfriend & Children
Glen Boyd is the husband of his late wife named Nancy. Furthermore, Boyd worked as a reporter. Then, he got a job of the Public Information Officer at the Jefferson Parish Sheriffs.
Parker shared three children with her supportive partner. Her twin kids are Pierce and Piper. Nancy’s older son is Parker.
Quick Trivia & Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Nancy Parker.|
|Profession||Reporter and News Anchor.|
|Famous for||Died in the plane crash on August 16, 2019.|
|Age (As of 2019)||53 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1966.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Opelika, Alabama (USA).|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Birth Sign)||Not Available.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: @nankparker.
|Current Residence||New Orleans, USA.|
|Death Date||August 16, 2019.|
|Cause||Plane Crash near New Orleans East.|
|Place||New Orleans East.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 7".
Centimeters: 170 cm.
Meters: 1.7 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 53 Kg.
Pounds: 117 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.5|
|Parents||Father: Bill Parker.
Mother: Patsy Parker.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Glen Boyd (Public Information Officer).|
|Daughter||Will Update Soon.|
|Highest Qualification||Degree in Journalism.|
|School||Opelika High School.|
|Alma Mater.||University of Alabama.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Will Smith.
Actress: Scarlett Johansson.
|Dream Holiday Destination||London.|
|Favorite Color||Blue & Black.|
|Love to do||Reading Books & Traveling.|
|Favorite Food||Thai Dishes.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$510K US Dollars, as of 2019.|
|Monthly Salary, Income & Earnings||$45K - 50K US Dollars.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||Not Known.|
|Home Details||Her house is in New Orleans.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Nancy Parker
- Wikipedia: Journalist, Nancy relocated to Washington DC after her graduation.
- Her first job was at the Bill Nicholas (US Representative) office.
- She was passionate about journalism in her early life.
- Parker landed her reporter job for the WTVM (1999) in Columbus, Georgia.
- Additionally, Parker worked for two channels i.e. WAFB-TV and WSFA News 12.
- She rose to fame in 1996 when she lived in New Orleans.
- Furthermore, she was a weekend anchor in the WVUE Fox 8.
- Glen Boyd’s wife penned two children books like The Adventures of Yat and Dat What’s Cookin and The Adventures of Yat and Rat: Superdome.
- Money Factor: She earned $45K – $55K USD monthly salary. In 2019, the accumulated Nancy Parker’s net worth is around $510K US Dollars.
Explore More: Who is Cedric Benson? His Biography, Lifestyle, Story & Affairs
- In 2006, she invited to take George W. Bush interview.
- She covered her last for Fox 8 i.e. Louisiana dangerous heatwave.
- The People to Watch magazine honored her twice.
- Parker was also the proud member at the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.