Laura Yeager (born in 1961) is an American Brigadier General and Former Black Hawk Pilot from Fountain Valley, California. She is best known as the first woman to lead the United States Army Infantry Division.
The 58-year-old Officer recently gained media attention after it was announced that she will command a U.S. Army Infantry Division. In fact, Laura is the first woman in the USA army who ever do so. She is going to replace Major General Mark Malanka for the post. Moreover, Yeager will be making history on the 29th of June 2019.
This announced was made by the 40th Infantry Division in a Facebook post on June 07, 2019. In addition, Laura will assume command in a ceremony at the Joint Forces Training Base, Los Alamitos, CA.
The 58-year-old brigadier started her career in the US Army back in June 1986. She appointed as a student and commandant’s list graduate in Fort Sam Houston, Texas. Later, Laura Yeager got the position of Platoon Leader in 423rd Medical Company at Fort Lewis, Washington.
Army Infantry Division’s head worked there from September 1986 to December 1987. Laura also flew UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters in combat in Iraq as a colonel. She served as the deputy commander in 40th Combat Aviation Brigade, Fresno, California, and Taji, Iraq.
Early Life, Parents & Education
The Brigadier General, Laura Yeager was born in 1961 (age is 58 years old) in Fountain Valley, California, USA. Her father “Robert Brandt” is a retired California National Guard Major General.
Furthermore, he is also a helicopter pilot and served two tours in Vietnam. But we have no information about Laura’s mother and her siblings. She graduated from the University of California Irvine and received a BA degree in Psychology.
Later, Yeager attended Chapman University and earned an MA degree in Psychology. Moreover, she also studied MSS in Strategic Studies from the United States Army War College.
Profile, Lifestyle & Career
As a military student, Laura also did the AMEDD officer basic course, AMEDD officer advanced course, and aviation officer advanced course. In fact, she even studied dual status commanders course (NORTHCOM) and army senior leader development program-basic (ASLDP-B).
From February 1988 to January 1989, she was the student at an initial entry rotary wing course in Fort Rucker, Alabama. Then, the brigadier served as an Aeromedical Evacuation Officer from January 1989 to August 1989.
Furthermore, Yeager also became Assistant Administrator at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, DC in the initial days of her career. she served there from August 1989 to August 1990.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Laura L. Yeager.|
|Profession||Brigadier General and Former Black Hawk Pilot.|
|Famous for||Being the first woman ever to command a U.S. Army Infantry Division.|
|Age (As of 2019)||58 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1961.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Fountain Valley, California, The United States of America.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Awards||1. Army Reserve Component Achievement Medal (with 1 Silver Oak Leaf Cluster).
2. Global War on Terrorism Service Medal.
3. Meritorious Service Medal (with 3 Bronze Oak Leaf Clusters).
4. Army Commendation Medal (with 3 Bronze Oak Leaf Clusters).
5. Army Achievement Medal (with 4 Bronze Oak Leaf Clusters) etc.
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||not available.|
|House in||Texas, USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: NA.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 7.5".
Centimeters: 172 cm.
Meters: 1.72 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 64 Kg.
Pounds: 135 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||38-30-39.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||7.|
|Parents||Father: Robert Brandt.
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend Curtis.|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Curtis Yeager.|
|Highest Qualification||Post-Graduate with a Master of Arts degree in psychology.|
|Alma Mater.||1. The University of California Irvine.
2. United States Army War College.
3. Chapman University.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Johnny Depp.|
|Dream Holiday Destination||London.|
|Love to do||Reading and Listening to music.|
|Favorite Food||Continental Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$500K US dollars (As of 2018).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
|Mobile or Phone Number||--|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Laura Yeager
- Wikipedia: Army Infantry Division’s Commander, Laura has been happily married to her husband “Curtis Yeager” (retired Lieutenant colonel).
- The couple also shares four adult children i.e. four sons (names are not available).
- During an interview, Laura told that her dad remained a role model in her life. She also told that Robert inspired her both as a parent and as an officer.
- Furthermore, Mrs. Yeager became interested in becoming a pilot after she got a chance to fly in a helicopter as an ROTC cadet.
- Earlier, in 2017, the brigadier general appointed as a commander of Joint Task Force North. In fact, she again was the first female to do so.
- Money Factor: As per wealth details, Laura Yeager Net worth is $500K US Dollars, as of 2019.
Explore More: The Biography of Sophia Chua Rubenfeld, Lifestyle, Story & Affairs
- Her height is 5 Feet 7.5 Inches (172 centimeters tall) and weighs 64 kilograms (135 pounds).
- During her career in the US Army, Laura received numerous badges and ribbons such as Army Service Ribbon, Expert Field Medical Badge, Senior Army Aviator Badge, Overseas Service Ribbon, Army Reserve Component Overseas Training Ribbon, Parachutist Badge, etc.