Lily Allen (born May 2, 1985) is an English Musical Artist, Singer, Songwriter, and Social Media Personality from Hammersmith, London. She first gained immense popularity for her debut single “Smile”.
The song released on the 3rd of July 2006 which earned the number one position on the UK Singles Chart in July 2006. Furthermore, the track was part of her first studio album “Alright, Still”.
It came out on July 13, 2006, by Regal Recordings. The album even received a nomination for Best Alternative Music Album at the 50th Grammy Awards. Some of the other tracks of the Alright, Still are “Shame for You”, “Littlest Things”, “Take What You Take”, “Friend of Mine” etc.
Career Highlights, Discography & Net worth
The 34-years-old artist’s second studio album “It’s Not Me, It’s You” debuted at number one on the UK Albums Chart. It even received a top position on the Australian ARIA Charts. It’s Not Me, It’s You published on 4 February 2009 by Parlophone and Regal Recordings.
Greg Kurstin worked as a producer and co-writer of the project. Critics praised Allen’s single “sharp tongue”. In addition, the album’s lead track “The Fear” even debuted atop the UK Singles Chart.
Some of the famous tracks are “Not Fair”, “Back to the Start”, “Fuck You”, “22” and “Who’d Have Known”. Lily won the Brit Award in the category “British Female Solo Artist” at the 2010 Brit Awards.
The singer garnered fame after hosting her own talk show “Lily Allen and Friends” The series used to air on BBC Three. In 2011, the talented musical artist launched her own record label, In the Name Of.
Later, she published two more studio albums called Sheezus (2014) and No Shame (2018). In fact, Sheezus obtained the number one position on the UK Albums Chart. Her recent project “My Thoughts Exactly” (debut book) came out on September 20, 2018.
She fueled her income through various stage shows, world tours, albums, endorsements, sponsorships, shows, etc. Hence, Lily Allen’s Net worth is $20 million US Dollars, as of 2019.
Early Life, Parents, Siblings & Childhood
The singer celebrates her birthday on the 2nd of May in Hammersmith, West London, England. Lily Allen was born to her parents in 1985 (age 34-years-old, as of 2019). Her father “Keith Allen” who was born in Welsh works as a comedian.
The musical artist’s mother “Alison Owen” is a film producer. Lily has three siblings i.e. two sisters named Sarah Allen & Rebecca Allen and a brother Alfie Allen. Angela McCluskey (Wild Colonials vocalist) is her godmother.
Lily entered the entertainment industry at the age of 3. She appeared in The Comic Strip Presents… episode “The Yob” back then. As of education, the singer attended 13 schools.
Allen enrolled in various private institutions such as Bedales School, Prince Charles’s junior alma mater, Hill House School, Millfield, etc. She got expelled from all of them due to her drinking and smoking habits.
|Real Full Birth Name||Lily-Rose Beatrice Allen.|
|Profession||Musical Artist, Singer, Songwriter, and Social Media Personality.|
|Famous for||her first studio album "Alright, Still".|
|Age (How old, as of 2019)||34 years old.|
|Date of Birth||May 2, 1985.|
|Birthplace||Hammersmith, London, England, United Kingdom.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Bisexual.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Taurus.|
|Current Residence||London, England, United Kingdom.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lilyallen/
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 2".
Centimeters: 158 cm.
Meters: 1.58 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 48 Kg.
Pounds: 105 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||36-24-35.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||3.5|
|Parents||Father: Keith Allen.
Mother: Alison Owen.
|Siblings||Brother: Alfie Allen.
Sister: Sarah Allen & Rebecca Allen.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||1. Liam Gallagher.
2. Ed Simons.
|Husband/Spouse Name||Sam Cooper (ex-spouse).|
|Daughter||Ethel Mary Cooper and Marnie Rose Cooper.|
|School||Bedales School, Prince Charles's junior alma mater, Hill House School, Millfield, etc.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Ryan Gosling.
Actress: Emma Stone.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Miami.|
|Love to do||Reading, Theatre Play & Artwork.|
|Favorite Food||Italian Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$20 million US dollars (As of 2019).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Lily Allen
- Her real full birth name is Lily Rose Beatrice Allen.
- As per the source, the singer’s very first was co-written by her dad.
- At the age of four, her daddy “Keith Allen” left the family.
- During Lily-Rose’s early childhood, she used to live on a council estate with her family.
- They later settled in Islington as her mother had an affair with the comedian Harry Enfield.
- Furthermore, the talented artist dated her ex-boyfriend Ed Simons (musician) of the Chemical Brothers. They began to date each other in September 2007 and the singer announced she was pregnant with his child in December.
- Unfortunately, in January 2008, she suffered a miscarriage. Ed and Allen broke after five months of staying together.
- Later, she began a romantic affair with her ex-partner Sam Cooper who is a builder and decorator.
- Lily Allen’s height is around 5 ft 2 in tall and her weight is 105 lbs approximately.
- They launched their love life in July 2009. The artist got pregnant with his baby boy but she had a viral infection which made her suffer a stillbirth.
- Lily and Cooper tied the knot with each other on June 11, 2011, at St. James Church in Cranham, Gloucestershire, England.
- She and her husband welcomed their first baby i.e. a daughter Ethel Mary Cooper, in 2011. She then gave birth to her second girl, Marnie Rose Cooper, in 2013.
- Sam and Lily-Rose broke up in 2015 after she told her about the fact that she cheated on him several times. In June 2018, their divorce was finalized.
- As of January 2020, she is dating her new boyfriend “David Harbour”.