Lyra Mckee (born March 31, 1990) is a Northern Irish Journalist, Author, Columnist, and Writer from Belfast (Northern Ireland). She realizes her interest in journalism at the age of 14. Furthermore, Lyra works in the publishing department of her school newspaper.
She gains public attention by her blog “Letter to my 14-year-old self” in 2014. Actually, the post describes the issues of the gay in the Belfast region. Later on, she transforms the article into a short film. Ms. Mckee marks her presence in national and international media.
Additionally, she writes the articles for “BuzzFeed News”, “Private Eye”, “The Belfast Telegraph” and “The Atlantic”. However, she has shot dead on April 18, 2019. She went into the Derry area. There are riots between the two groups of people going on. Suddenly, the violence broke out in the region.
Police officers start throwing petrol bombs and burnt two vehicles. Soon, a gunman fires on the police. Mckee is standing near the Landover car of the police team. One bullet strikes on her body. She lost her life on the spot. Many world leaders are sad about her death. They are also praising her courage and dedication towards her work.
Though, Theresa May (Prime Minister, UK) calls the murder as “senseless and shocking”. The local parties of Ireland like DUP, Alliance Party, Green Party and SDLA united. All of them release a statement too on the journalist death. Police Services of Northern Ireland is the main target of the gunmen.
Early Life, Profile, Story & Parents
The courageous Media Personality was born on 31st of March 1990 on Belfast, Northern Ireland. Meanwhile, Lyra Mckee’s age is 29 years old as of 2019.
Though, her family profile is not available. Lyra’s full name is Lyra Catherine McKee. Furthermore, she did her early schooling from St. Gemma’s High School.
Then, Mckee attends Birmingham City University to study Online Journalism.
Personal Affairs, Girlfriend & Spouse
On the other hand, Lyra’s partner is Sara Canning (Lesbian Girlfriend). They are in a domestic partnership.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Lyra Catherine McKee.|
|In The News For||Dies by the gunshot in the Waterwide area on April 18, 2019.|
|Age (As of 2019)||29 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||March 31, 1990.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Belfast, Northern Ireland.|
|Death Date/Cause||April 18, 2019 (Killed in the Waterside riots by a human).|
|Place of Death||Waterside, Derry, Northern Ireland.
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Aries.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Current Residence||Belfast, Northern Ireland.|
|Magazines||1. The Atlantic.
2. BuzzFeed News.
3. Private Eye.
4. The Belfast Telegraph.
|Books Authored||1. Angels with Blue Faces (2018).
2. The Lost Boys (2020).
|Awards||1. Young Journalist Award (Sky News, 2006).
2. Forbes Under 30 Investigative Journalist (2016) by the Forbes Magazine.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 6".
Centimeters: 168 cm.
Meters: 1.68 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 60 Kg.
Pounds: 132 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||32-26-34.|
|Shoe Size (US)||6.|
|Tattoo details?||Will Update.|
|Parents||Father: Will Update Soon.
Mother: Not Found.
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known.
Sister: Name Not Found.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Not Known.|
|Highest Qualification||Master Degree in Online Journalism from Birmingham City University.|
|School||St. Gemma’s High School.|
|College/ University||Birmingham City University.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Robert Downey, Jr.
Actress: Joey King.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris, Iceland, Auckland & Sydney.|
|Favorite Color||Brown, Black, Pink & Green.|
|Love to do||Reading Books, Writing Blogs & Travel.|
|Favorite Food||Italian & Japanese Dishes.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$452,000 US dollars (As of 2019).|
|Annual Income & Earnings||Under Review.|
|Office Address||Not Known|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||N.A.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Lyra Mckee
- Mckee did editing for Mediagazer.
- The Forbes Magazine 2016 lists her in Under 30.
- Actually, she is recognized for her work as an investigative officer.
- As per Wikipedia, she displays her wonderful thoughts in two books “Angel with blue eyes” and “The Lost Boys”.
- Meanwhile, “Angel with blue eyes” is about the murder mystery of Robert Bradford (MLA, Belfast).
- In the Ted talks, she actively discusses LGBTQ rights.
- Furthermore, Ms. Mckee looks for crowdfunding to publish her books.
- The 28-year-old second books schedule to arrive in 2020.
- Money Factor: She is earning a good amount of salary from her Journalism career. The estimated Lyra Mckee Net worth is around $452K US Dollars, as of 2019.
Read Also: The Biography of James Holzhauer | Lifestyle, Trivia, Profile & Story
- Actually, the book is about Thomas Spence and John Faber’s missing report.
- However, they suddenly disappear from Belfast’s fall road during November 1974.
- She wins a special training with the journalists in her high school.
- Moreover, Lyra awarded the Young Artist Award by Sky News 2006.