Melissa Leong (born in 1980) is an Australian Food Consultant, TV Presenter, Food & Travel Writer, Cookbook Editor and Radio Broadcaster from Sydney, Australia. She wrote for the renowned publications Time Out Sydney, Daily Addict, New Matilda and Traveler Restaurant Guide 2010.
On the other hand, the Chanel Ten announced about his reality show MasterChef Australia. This time there is a set of three judges named Melissa, Andy Allen and Chef Jock Zonfrillo.
Moreover, they have replaced the household names Matt Preston, Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris. Suddenly, they announced departure from the competitive show. The new jury team is young and efficient.
Meanwhile, they are also trying to win the hearts of the viewers. MasterChef Australia is a platform for emerging talents. Many people got fame and respect for their unique cooking practices.
Early Life, Childhood, Parents & Profile
Melissa Leong was born in the year 1980 (assumed) in Sydney City. She fascinated by cooking because of her mother. Furthermore, she helped her in the kitchen during her vacation. She is of the Singaporean descent.
On the other hand, she joined the media specialist school i.e. The Inaburra School. She involved in the school orchestra and the musical groups.
Leong then went for the double degree undergraduate to the Sydney University. In addition to this, she gathered the knowledge of Human Resources, Economics, Political Economy and Social Sciences.
Marriage Affairs, Spouse & Boyfriend
Ms. Leong confirmed that she married a handsome man Joe Jones. Moreover, they were good friends and then realize their love. She does not open up about her kids.
|Real Full Birth Name||Melissa Leong.|
|Profession||Food Consultant, TV Presenter, Food & Travel Writer, Cookbook Editor and Radio Broadcaster.|
|Famous for||Being the judge of MasterChef Australia.|
|Age (As of 2019)||39 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1980.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Birth Sign)||Not Available.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: instagram.com/fooderati (20.6K followers).
Twitter: twitter.com/fooderati (12.1K fans).
Facebook: facebook.com/fooderati (904 likes).
|Current Residence||Sydney, Australia.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 4".
Centimeters: 163 cm.
Meters: 1.63 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 56 Kg.
Pounds: 124 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.5.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Tattoo Info||Inked a tattoo on her right hand.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Will Update Soon.
Mother: Not Known.
|Siblings||Brother: Name Not Found.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Joe Jones.|
|Highest Qualification||Double Degree in Economics & Social Sciences.|
|School||The Inaburra School.|
|Alma Mater.||Sydney University.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Tom Cruise.
Actress: Emma Watson.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris & London.|
|Favorite Color||White & Pink.|
|Love to do||Traveling & Fashion.|
|Favorite Food||Continental & Chinese Dishes.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$800,000 US Dollars.|
|Home Details||Living in Sydney, Australia.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Melissa Leong
- Her first job after her high school is at the Cleo magazine.
- In addition to this, she gained some important ideas about fashion.
- Chef Morgan McGlone and Melissa founded a hospitality group in 2009 i.e. Toys Collective.
- Meanwhile, Leong was the part of the QT Hotels and Visit Victoria campaigns.
- She hosted and judged an SBS TV program The Chef’s Line.
- Furthermore, she connected with the top brands Fairfax Good Food Month, Parramatta City, Nossa Food and Gourmet Escape.
- Melissa went to rural Tasmania to get full knowledge about agriculture.
- She worked with Nokia and LG as the digital marketer.
- She traveled to Asian countries due to her tech job with a media company.
- Therefore, she learned the different techniques to perfect communication.
- Melissa Leong’s net worth from her multiple jobs is $800K US Dollars. Meanwhile, she got good profits from her hospitality business too.
Explore More: Rebekah Vardy Biography, Family, Affairs & Story
- She was a freelance writer for The Guardian and Delicious Magazine.
- Leong won the SMH & The Age 2011 Good Food Guide Awards.
- Still, she realized that networking is the toughest part of a freelance job.
- The typical busy day for her is shooting for 16-18 hours for the shows.
- She felt that her family members are the biggest inspiration for her.
- In addition to this, she thanked her brother for his best support for her.