Michael Bloomberg (born February 14, 1942) is an American Politician, Entrepreneur, Philanthropist, Author, and Social Media Personality from Brighton, Massachusetts. He is best known as the co-founder, CEO, and owner of Bloomberg L.P.
It is a global financial service, software, and mass media company. The firm is popular for its Bloomberg Terminal. It is a computer software system that gives financial data generally used in the global financial services industry.
Furthermore, Bloomberg first launched his career as a general partner at the securities brokerage Salomon Brothers in 1973. Later, in 1981, he set up a company “Innovative Market Systems” (renamed Bloomberg L.P. in 1987).
Moreover, the entrepreneur even served as chair of the board of trustees at Johns Hopkins University from 1996 to 2002. As a politician, he served as the 108th mayor of New York City.
He held the position in office for three consecutive terms starting in 2001. His final term ended on December 31, 2013, as mayor. On November 24, 2019, Bloomberg announced that he joins the race of 2020 Presidential Elections.
Early Life, Parents, Siblings & Education
Billionaire whose real full birth name is Michael Rubens Bloomberg was born on the 14th of February 1942 in Brighton, Massachusetts, United States. Michael Bloomberg’s age is 77 years old, as of 2019. He grew up in Medford, Massachusetts along with his sister “Marjorie Tiven” (politician).
His father “William Henry Bloomberg” worked as an accountant for a dairy company. Rubens’ mother “Charlotte Bloomberg” remained a homemaker who passed away on June 19, 2011, due to natural causes.
They moved to Brookline, Massachusetts when Michael was just 2-years-old. Finally, the family settled in the Boston suburb of Medford, Massachusetts where he completed his high school education.
Later, Bloomberg graduated from Johns Hopkins University in 1964. The politician received a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering. Moreover, Michael Rubens earned a Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School in 1966.
Marriage Affairs, Girlfriend, Spouse & Kids
The 77-years-old entrepreneur launched his love life with his former wife “Susan Elizabeth Barbara Brown“. The couple tied the knot with each other in 1975 in a private ceremony. Susan is a British national from Yorkshire, United Kingdom.
In 1979, Michael and his spouse welcomed their first daughter “Emma Bloomberg“. She is married to her husband “Christopher Frissora”. He is the son of billionaire businessman Mark Frissora.
On January 20, 1983, they blessed with their second child “Georgina Bloomberg”. She is a professional equestrian and a philanthropist. Georgina is also the owner of the equestrian team New York Empire.
Brown and Rubens divorced each other on a friendly basis. In 2000, he began a romantic affair with his girlfriend “Diana Taylor”. She is the former New York State Superintendent of Banks.
|Real Full Birth Name||Michael Rubens Bloomberg.|
|Profession||Politician, Entrepreneur, philanthropist, and Author.|
|Famous for||being the 14th richest person in the world with a Net worth of $58 billion US Dollars.|
|In the news for||joining the race of 2020 Presidential Elections.|
|Political Party||1. Republican (2001–2007).
2. Independent (2007–2018).
3. Democratic (before 2001, 2018–present).
|Age (As of 2018)||77 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||February 14, 1942.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Brighton, Massachusetts, United States.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Aquarius.|
|House In||New York City, USA.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 173 cm.
Meters: 1.73 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 76 Kg.
Pounds: 167 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||44-32-37.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Parents||Father: William Henry Bloomberg.
Mother: Charlotte Bloomberg.
|Siblings||Sister: Marjorie Tiven.|
|Highest Qualification||Post-graduate with a Master of Business Administration.|
|School||Local High School.|
|Alma Mater.||1. Johns Hopkins University.
2. Harvard Business School.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||had an affair with his ex-girlfriend Susan.|
|Girlfriend||Diana Taylor (2000–present).|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Susan Brown (m. 1975 – div. 1993).|
|Daughter||1. Georgina Bloomberg.
2. Emma Bloomberg.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Elvis Presley (American singer) and Sandra Bullock (American actress).|
|Dream Holiday Destination||Australia.|
|Love to do||Reading.|
|Favorite Food||French Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$58 Billion US dollars (As of 2019).|
|Income Source||Bloomberg L.P., Salomon Brothers, Politics, 1130 WBBR AM, and much more.|
|House Details||has a mansion built in the Georgian style.|
|Assets||owns 13-14 properties in various countries around the world including a historic property located in London.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||--|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikebloomberg/
Some Lesser Known Facts about Michael Bloomberg
- In 1982, Merrill Lynch became Michael’s own venture’s first customer.
- He is the first man ever who privately donated $1.8 billion USD gift to Johns Hopkins University for student aid in 2018.
- Wealth Factor: the accumulated Net worth of Michael Bloomberg is $58 Billion US Dollars, as of November 2019 making him the 9th richest person in the USA.
- As per the source, Bloomberg’s sibling serves as a Commissioner of the New York City Commission for the United Nations, Consular Corps, and Protocol, since February 2002.
- Michael Bloomberg stands a height of 173 centimeters tall (5 feet 8 inches) and his weight is around 167 pounds (76 Kg).
- Furthermore, Michael Rubens remained the speaker for Williams College’s 2014 commencement and received an honorary degree as a doctor of laws.
- In his successful career, the politician earned many honors & awards such as honorary degree of Doctor of Humane Letters, an honorary degree in Public Service, the Barnard Medal of Distinction, 2007 Gotham Awards, Award for Distinguished Leadership in Global Capital Markets, and much more.
- In addition, on October 6, 2014, Bloomberg bagged the Honorary Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire from Queen Elizabeth II.