Muthappa Rai (1st May 1952) was a famous Indian businessman, gangster, entrepreneur, and social activist from Puttur, Karnataka, India. He was well-known for his underworld figure. Moreover, he was a successful businessman.
Muthappa Rai ran so many legal and illegal businesses in India and other countries. Apart from a businessman, Muthappa Rai is famously known for his criminal activities. He was the underworld don of Bengaluru.
He did so many illegal activities in his career. Before becoming a mafia don, Muthappa worked in Vijaya Bank as a clerk. He was also a kind-hearted person. Muthappa Rai also ran a non-profit organization named “Jaya Karnataka”.
The motive of the organization is to provide a better way of living for Karanatka’s peoples. He stepped into the crime world in the year 1981. On Friday, May 15, 2020, the underworld mafia, Muthappa died at the age of 68 due to brain cancer. Let’s check out Rai’s wiki.
Underworld don Muthappa Rai died in a hospital in Bangalore
The popular mafia don Muthappa Rai died of cancer on 15 May 2020. Muthappa had been ill for a long time and was undergoing treatment at Manipal Hospital. Hospital sources said that 68-year-old Rai was suffering from brain cancer for the last year and was admitted to Manipal Hospital.
He died late at 2:30 pm. Sources in his family said that Rai’s last rites would probably be performed in Bidadi on Friday. According to the media reports, Rai entered the world of crime at a very young age. The Karnataka Police had issued an arrest warrant against Rai in eight cases including murder and conspiracy.
Childhood, Parents, Sister & Bio
The popular businessman took birth from his parents on Thursday, May 1st, 1952, in Puttur, Karnataka, India. He was born into a Bunt family. Muthappa Rai’s age was 68 years old at the time of death. Muthappa’s father “N. Narayana Rai” was a political leader and his mother “Susheela Rai” is a homemaker.
He has one sister named “Karunakara Rai” and one brother “Chandrashekar Rai” in the family. he was a very intelligent person since childhood. Rai completed his schooling from a local private school.
Later, he enrolled in his name at Karnataka University. From this university, Muthappa Rai did his graduation in the field of commerce. After completing his higher studies, he started working as a clerk in a public sector bank named “Vijaya Bank”.
Personal Life, Wife Rekha Rai & Children
The 68-year-old man married twice in his life. Muthappa Rai got married to his first wife named “Rekha Rai” in the late ‘90s. He lived a happy married life with his lover. After some time of marriage, Muthappa becomes the father of two children named “Rikki Rai” and “Rakhi Rai”.
In the year 2013, his first wife died in Singapore at Mt Elizabeth Hospital. According to the sources, the cause of her death was natural. After three years, he remarried to his second wife named “Anuradha Rai” in the year 2016. Muthappa Rai has not any child from his relationship with Anuradha.
|Real Full Birth Name||Muthappa Rai.|
|Profession||Businessman and Entrepreneur.|
|Famous Known as||The Underworld Don of Bengaluru.|
|Age at the time of death||68 years old.|
|Cause of Death||Brain Cancer.|
|Date of Birth||1 May 1952.|
|Date of Death||15 May 2020.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Puttur, Karnataka, India.|
|Place of Death||Bangalore, Karnataka, India.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Zodiac Birth Sign||Taurus.|
|House Location||Bangalore, Karnataka, India.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 10".
Centimeters: 177 cm.
Meters: 1.77 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 75 Kg.
Pounds: 165 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||10.|
|Parents||Father: N. Narayana Rai.
Mother: Susheela Rai.
|Siblings||1. Karunakara Rai.
2. Chandrashekar Rai.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Wife||1. Rekha Rai.
2. Anuradha Rai.
|Kids||1. Rikki Rai.
2. Rakhi Rai.
|Social media||Facebook: @muthapparai (374K + followers).
Twitter: @nmuthapparai (5.4 K + followers).
|Alma Mater||1. Local Private School.
2. Karnataka University.
|Net worth (approx.)||INR 1100-1500 Crore (as in 2020).|
|Last Updated||On 15 May 2020 (© Dreshare.com).|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Muthappa Rai
- He worked as a clerk in a public sector bank for more than 4 years.
- After that, he started his own restaurant and bar in Bengaluru.
- In the year 1981, he entered into the crime world and started doing illegal activities.
- Muthappa Rai came into the eyes of the police after he murdered “MP Jairaj” (don of Bengaluru) in the year 1989.
- Later, he becomes the mafia don of his state.
- In the year 2002, an arrest warrant against Rai was issued by the Karnataka Police.
- He was charged with eight cases including conspiracy and murder.
- In the same year, Muthappa brought to India from the United Arab Emirates.
- Many Investigation agencies like the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), Intelligence Bureau (IB), and Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) questioned him.
- After some time inquiry, he was acquitted due to a lack of evidence.
- Later, he founds a non-profit organization named “Jaya Karnataka” to improve himself.
- After establishing the organization, he reduces his criminal activities.
- After that, he started doing social welfare work.
- Muthappa Rai has invested in so many multinational companies in India and abroad.
- The net worth of Muthappa Rai is around INR 1100-1500 crore (as in 2020).
- He was the owner of many agriculture and non-agriculture lands.
- He was fond of luxury cars. Muthappa has a collection of many luxury cars which includes Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari, Bentley, and others.
- Rai’s height was 5 feet 10 inches (in meters 1.77 m).
- His body weight was 75 kilograms (in pounds 165 lbs).
- Muthappa has also appeared in two Tullu movies named “Kanchilda Baale” and “Katari Veera Surasundarangi”.
- Bollywood director Ram Gopal Varma wanted to make a film based on Muthappa Rai’s life, but for some reason, the film got stuck.
- He also joined politics in his previous career.