Naval Ravikant (born in 1974) is an Indian born American Entrepreneur, Angel Investor, Founder, and CEO from New York. He is best known as AngelList’s Founder. In addition, he is presently serving as the Chief Executive Officer, chairman, and owner of AngelList Company. It is a U.S. based firm for startups, angel investors, and job-seekers.
Furthermore, the 45-year-old Naval founded the firm along with his partner Babak Nivi in 2010. His business has invested in over 120 new venture including, Uber and Twitter. Moreover, Ravikant also established another company “Epinions” in his career. It is currently IPO via Shopping.com.
He also remained the co-founder at Genoa Corp which later acquired by Finisar. The entrepreneur also created Vast.com in 2005 which is the largest white-label classifieds marketplace. In addition, Naval advised Bix.com, iPivot, XFire, and many others.
According to a source, he is an avid advocate of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology. Ravikant also founded “MetaStable Capital” and currently working as its partner.
Early Life, Profile & Parents
AngelList’s CEO Naval Ravikant was born in 1974 in India. Therefore, his age is 45 years old, as of 2019. At the age of 9, his father and mother moved to New York, USA along with Naval and his siblings. They lived in the Lower East Side in Manhattan.
However, there is no much information available about them on the internet. In 1991, Naval completed his school education from Stuyvesant High School. The entrepreneur graduated from Dartmouth College in 1995. He received a bachelors’ degree in computer science and economics.
Moreover, after completing his college, Ravikant started his profession as a programmer and worked for many big companies. Later, he became the co-founder and Chief executive officer of “Epinions” in 1999.
It is a customer review site and also launched Vast, a classified-ad marketplace. Naval also briefly served in the Benchmark Capital and August Capital. Later, he became one of the partners of August Capital and worked there until 2004.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Full Birth Name||Naval Ravikant.|
|Profession||Entrepreneur, Angel Investor, Founder, and CEO.|
|Age (As of 2019)||45 years old|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1974.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||India (but raised in New York, United States).|
|Famous For||being the Owner and Chairman of AngelList.|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||not available.|
|Current Residence||San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 7".
Centimeters: 170 cm.
Meters: 1.70 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 78 Kg.
Pounds: 171 lbs.
|Biceps Size||14 inches.|
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||40-30-35.|
|Shoe Size (US)||9.|
|Tattoos details?||Will Update.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Name not found (Businessman).
Mother: Not Known.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Girlfriend & Fiancee||Will update.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Name not available.|
|School||Stuyvesant High School.|
|Alma Mater||Dartmouth College.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Will Smith.
Actress: Amy Adams.
|Dream Holiday Destination||London.|
|Love to do||Reading.|
|Favorite Dishes||Indian Cuisine.|
|Net worth (Approx.)||$2.2 Billion US Dollars (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings per month||Will update.|
|Office Address||Will Update.|
|Home Details||Not Known|
|Mobile or Phone Number||Will Update.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Naval Ravikant
- According to his Wikipedia Profile, a user filed a complaint regarding Epinions’ financial affairs.
- This encouraged Naval to start the “Venture Hack” blog in 2007 with Babak Nivi.
- Hence, he is also working as a co-author of Venture Hacks.
- Furthermore, in his career, Ravikant invested in many companies like Mixer Labs (sold to Twitter), FourSquare, DocVerse (sold to Google), Disqus, Jambool (sold to Google), SnapLogic, PlanCast, etc.
- In mid-2012, he and Kevin Laws (AngelList’s COO) were active in Washington in their support for the Jumpstart Our Business Startups Act (JOBS Act).
Explore More: Who is Marcia Cross? His Biography, Lifestyle & Story
- AngelList’s Owner also serves on the board of the Zcash Foundation.
- Money Factor: As per wealth details, Naval Ravikant Net worth is valued at $2.2 Billion US Dollars, as of 2019.
- As of relationship, the entrepreneur is a married man and also shares children with his wife. But he never mentioned anything about his personal life on the internet.