Neena Gupta (born 4 June 1959) is a famous Indian actress, director, and writer from Delhi India. She is a well-known actress in the 1990s. She worked in both movies and television shows. She debuts in the entertainment industry with her first Hindi film named “Sath Sath” in the year 1982.
Apart from this, she appeared in so many daily soap serials also like Khandaan, Saans, Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin, etc. Neena won the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress for the Comedy Drama film named “Badhaai Ho” in 2018.
Her new movie “Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan” earned more than 9.55 crore in one day after release. The movie was released on 21 February 2020. This is a comedy movie, in which famous Bollywood actor Ayushmann Khurrana played the role of a gay.
The audience loved the performance of Neena Gupta in the movie. Gupta also went on The Kapil Sharma Show to promote her movie with the star cast of the film. According to sources, Neena will also be seen in Kapil Dev‘s upcoming biopic film “83”.
Childhood, Parents, Siblings & Education
Neena came to this world on Thursday, June 4, 1959, in the capital of India Delhi. She belongs to the Baniya caste. Neena Gupta’s age is 60 years old (as in 2019).
Her father “Late R.N Gupta” was a serviceman in a private firm and mother “Late Shakuntla Gupta” was a homemaker. She is the eldest daughter of her parents.
Gupta has a younger brother named “Pankaj Gupta”. She is very intelligent as well as naughty in her childhood. She completed her education from a primary elementary school in her hometown. She did her graduation from Delhi University.
Neena Gupta is fond of acting and drama from the beginning that’s why she joined the National School of Drama and completed her 2 years of the acting course.
After that, she started giving audition for many shows and films. She did a lot of struggle in her life to achieve success. Moreover, she is a good artist and writer.
Physical Stats, Height, Weight & Appearance
The 60-year-old lady maintained her body stats perfectly. She looks pretty in every outfit. Her favorite outfit is saree and often spotted in Bnarasi saree. Because her daughter is a fashion designer, she prefers to wear clothes designed by her daughter. Neena Gupta’s tall height is measured at 5 feet 3 inches (in meters 1.61 m).
Her body weight is around 65 kilograms (in pounds 143 lbs). She has naturally black hair and big black eyes. She always put a bindi on her forehead. Neena likes to wear earrings matching her outfit. There is no tattoo on her body.
Personal Life, Husband & Children
The actress lives a happy life with her family in Mumbai. If we talk about her past years, she has affairs with some famous celebrities. In 1985, Neena has an affair with the actor “Alok Nath”. After that, her name got linked with Shaarangdev, who is the son of Indian classical singer “Pandit Jasraj”.
After that, Neena Gupta started dating the West Indian cricketer named “Vivian Richards”. She gave birth to her daughter “Masaba Gupta” from this relationship.
She never married Vivian. People strongly criticized her for giving birth to a girl without marrying. This also had a huge impact on Nina’s career.
Then she broke her relation with Richards and moved to her parent’s house in Delhi with her daughter.
On 15 July 2008, Neena got married to her husband named “Vivek Mehra”. Vivek is a chartered accountant and a kind-hearted person. He had no objection to her daughter. Now she lived happily with her family in Mumbai.
|Real Full Birth Name||Neena Gupta.|
|Profession||Actress, Director, and Writer.|
|Famous for||The movie Badhaai Ho.|
|Age (As of 2019)||60 years old.|
|Date of Birth||4 June 1959.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Birth Sign)||Gemini.|
|House Location||Mumbai, India.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 3".
Centimeters: 161 cm.
Meters: 1.61 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 65 Kg.
Pounds: 143 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||8.|
|Parents||Father: Late R.N Gupta.
Mother: Late Shakuntla Gupta.
|Siblings||Brother: Pankaj Gupta.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Kids||Daughter: Masaba Gupta.|
|Social media||Instagram: @neena_gupta (383k + followers).|
|Highest Qualification||College Degree Completed + Acting Course.|
|School||1. Delhi University.
2. National School of Drama.
|Career & Wealth|
|Shows||1. Khandaan (1985).
2. Drishti (1990).
3. Yatra (1986).
4. Bharat Ek Khoj (1988).
5. Gul Gulshan Gulfaam (1988).
6. Daddy (1989).
7. Muhafiz (1993).
8. Junoon (1994).
9. Saans (1999).
10. Siski (2000).
11. Daane Anaar Ke (2002).
12. Kyun Hota Hai Pyarrr (2004).
13. Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin (2004).
14. Saat Phere (2005).
15. Kitani Mohabbat Hai (2009).
16. Ladies Special (2009).
17. Dil Se Diya Vachan (2010–2011).
18. Khujli (2017).
19. Kehne Ko Humsafar Hain (2018).
20. Made in Heaven (2019).
|Filmography||1. Saath Saath (1982).
2. Aadat Se Majboor (1982).
3. Gandhi (1982).
4. Mandi (1983).
5. Laila (1984).
6. Trikaal (1985).
7. Taniya (1987).
8. Susman (1987).
9. The Deceivers (1988).
10. Kaarnama (1990).
11. Aadhi Mimansa (1991).
12. Zulm Ki Hukumat (1992).
13. Khalnayak (1993).
14. Eena Meena Deeka (1994).
15. Hello Zindagi (2010).
16. Veere Di Wedding (2018).
17. Issaq (2013).
18. Badhaai Ho (2018).
19. The Last Color (2019).
20. Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan (2020).
|Awards||1. National Film Awards for Best First Non-Feature Film in 1993.
2. Screen Awards for Best Actress (Television) in 1999.
3. Lions Gold Awards for Best Actor (Female) in 1999.
4. Zee Cine Awards for Best Extraordinary couple of the year in 2019.
5. Filmfare Awards for Best Actress (Critics) in 2019.
|Net worth (approx.)||INR 1.5 crore (as in 2020).|
Acting Career, Movies & Net worth
After completing her 2-year acting course, she started giving audition for many films. In the year 1982, Neena Gupta got a chance to work in her first Bollywood movie named “Saath Saath”. People loved her performance very much.
That’s why she worked more than 3 movies in the same year. Neena Gupta has also appeared in so many International movies like Cotton Mary, Gandhi, In Custody, Mirza Ghalib, etc.
Then she worked in so many Hindi films with popular stars and became one of the famous celebrities of the 90s.
Apart from the movies, she also did great work in the television industry. She debuts in daily soap with her first show named “Khandaan”. Then she worked in so many shows like Junoon, Daane Anaar Ke, Made in Heaven, etc.
There was a turning point in Nina’s acting career when she had no work. She asked for a job stating her work experience at a job site. After that, she comes back to Bollywood with the movie Veere Di Wedding.
Then she made so many comedy movies with famous actor Ayushmann like Badhaai Ho, Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, etc. In February 2020, she is working on her upcoming movie “83”. Neena Gupta’s Net worth is around Rs 1.5 crore (as in 2020).
Some Hidden Facts About Neena Gupta
- She is a good hockey player in her school days.
- Neena worked in the film “Gandhi” for Rs 10000 only.
- Neena Gupta also appeared in the Malayalam movie like Aham and Vasthuhara.
- She was honored with two Filmfare Awards for the movie Badhaai Ho.
- Neena won the India national Film Festival of Boston for the movie The Last Color (2019).
- In an interview, she said that her mom wanted her daughter to become an IAS officer.
- In the year 1993, she has featured in an Item song Choli Ke Peeche with Madhuri Dixit.
- Gupta also worked as a host for the show named “Kamzor Kadi Kaun”.
- The famous actor Amitabh Bachchan sent her an appreciation letter for the movie Badhaai Ho.
- Neena Gupta is a good writer also and wrote the script of the famous web series named “Kehne Ko Humsafar Hain”.
- She has featured in the Chings Chowmein Massala commercial advertisement.
- In her spare time, she likes to play with her pet dog, Luca.
- Neena featured on the cover pages of so many famous magazines like Femina, Verve, etc.
- In 2017, she uploaded a post on her official Instagram account for demanding work.
- She is an ardent follower of Lord Ganesha.