Nicole Seah (born October 17, 1986) is a Singaporean Politician from Singapore. She was the former member of the National Solidarity Party (NSP). She participated in the elections from the Marine Parade Group Representation Constituency in the General Elections of Singapore (2011).
During that time, she was the youngest female to contest for elections at the age of 24. Soon, she became the target of media attention. Her speeches were viral on YouTube.
She described as the second most popular politician on the internet after Lee Kuan Yew. In 2014, she resigned from the National Solidarity Party (NSP). She took the membership of the Worker’s Party in 2015.
Earlier, she was the former member at the Reform Party in 2011. On June 23, 2020, the Workers Party released a video teaser of GEC2020 featuring Nicole. Later on, the party revealed her as the candidate for the 2020 elections on June 25, 2020. The other 3 candidates are Yee Jenn Jong, Louis Chua Kheng Wee, and Muhammad Azhar Bin Abdul LatipChannel News Asia.
|Real Full Birth Name||Nicole Rebecca Seah Xue Ling.|
|Age (As of 2019)||33 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||October 17, 1986.|
|Famous For||Candidate of Reform Party to contest for the 2020s general elections in Singapore.|
|Zodiac Birth Sign||Libra.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 5".
Centimeters: 165 cm.
Meters: 1.65 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 59 Kg.
Pounds: 130 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.5.|
|Parents||Father: Leonard Seah.
Mother: Patricia Lim.
|Siblings||Two brothers (Name Not Known).|
|Marital Status||Married Since 2015.|
|Husband Name||Bryan (Engineer).|
|Daughter||One daughter (born in 2018) Name not found.|
|Last Updated||On 27 June 2020 (© Dreshare.com).|
|Hobbies||Practices Yoga, Read Books & Enjoys Music.|
|Earnings & Income||Through her past jobs in Bangkok.|
|Net worth (as of 2020)||$850K US Dollars.|
|Highest Qualification||Bachelor of Social Science (Hons) degree from the Department of Communication and New Media, National University of Singapore (NUS).|
|School||1. CHIJ Katong Convent.
2. Tanjong Katong Secondary School.
3. Victoria Junior College.
|College/University||Department of Communication and New Media, National University of Singapore (NUS).|
Nicole Rebecca Seah Xue Ling was born on October 17, 1986 (Age: 33 years old, 2019) in Singapore. The name of her daddy is Leonard Seah and mom is Patricia Lim. She completed her education from the CHIJ Katong Convent, Tanjong Katong Secondary School and Victoria Junior College.
She finished her Bachelor of Social Science (Hons) degree at the Department of Communication and New Media, National University of Singapore (NUS).
She was also part of the University Scholars’ Program. Apart from that, she lived in the HDB flat with her two brothers, mother, and father.
On August 21, 2015, she tied the marriage knot with Bryan in a ceremony held at the Registry of Marriages. Her spouse is a Singaporean citizen working in Australia as an engineer.
Nicole Seah felt happy when her daughter took birth in 2018. She is thankful to her family members for their support in her political career.
Some Lesser Known Facts about Nicole Seah
- Seah previously employed in a brand communication company Starcom MediaVest Group.
- She lived in Bangkok Thailand while working for the organization in 2011.
- Nicole appeared in a supporting role in the movie “1965” (2015). She portrayed the role of the wife of a police inspector in the film.
- Since her secondary high school, she involved herself in volunteering and community activities.
- Her interest in politics sparked when she met a destitute woman who was completely dependent on charity.
- From her previous jobs, Nicole Seah acquired a net worth of $850,000 US Dollars.
- In NUS, she handled the managing director duties of the Campus Observer online publication.
- Before the general elections of 2011, she was with the Reform Party. However, she left the party in the year 2011.
- She received the invitation from the Goh Meng Seng (Secretary-General, NSP Party) in 2011. Additionally, she contested election from the Marine Parade (GRC) along with Ting Pei Ling (PAP). She gained immediate media attention for her speeches during the campaign. The Strait Times referred to her popularity as of a rockstar at that time.
- Still, she got only a 43% vote share in the 2011 elections. The PAP received a huge achievement of 72% vote share in the Marine Parade elections.
- In her interview with “The Strait Times”, she told them that the party expected better results from her.
- 24 hours before the Polls, she filed a police complaint against the PAP candidate named Ting Pei Ling for the beach of the state-mandated cooling off period. Seah also accused of the same offense. Then, the police issued a stern warning for them.
- Nicole Seah asked for an online donation from the people through her Facebook account.
- It sparked off the debate issue in Singaporean politics.
- She wrote a lengthy post after the elections on her Facebook account. Furthermore, she realized she could not get enough sources that can ensure her victory in elections 2011. She desired to find a new platform for herself. Therefore, she decided to leave the NSP political party and then joined the Reform Party in 2015.
- Seah felt grateful for her experiences. She sold around 90 dresses and stick to only 10 during the campaign period of the elections.
- On November 27, 2013, newspaper Lianhe Wanbaoand news site AsiaOne issued an apology to Nicole. The two news platforms published inaccurate news that Seah is dating a married man.
- Nicole Seah uploaded the picture with a divorced man Steven Goh (CEO, mig33 Social Site). However, she received threatening via Facebook. Her boyfriend distanced from her at that time. She maintained a safe distance from Steven.
- She told everything about her prior relationships in her interview with Her World.
- She decided not to join NSP in the elections of 2015. Still, she contested for the elections in 2015.
- Seah was in Bangkok at the time of the elections. She returned to Singapore for her simple marriage ceremony with Bryan in the presence of her close family members.
- A few days later, she helped the Worker’s Party candidate He Ting Ru. This sparked her reentry in the Worker’s party. She began doing her volunteering task with the party during the 2015 elections.
- Nicole Seah stands out 5 feet 5 inches in height (165 in cm). Accordingly, her weight is 59 Kilograms i.e. around (130 in-lbs).
- She practices yoga, reads books, and enjoys music.
- She likes pet animals cats and dogs.
References [ + ]
|1.||↑||Channel News Asia|