Paul Prenter (born 1946 – died August 1991) was a British Former Manager of Freddie Mercury from London, England. Mercury was a British singer-songwriter and record producer. Furthermore, the legend was famous for his rock band Queen. Freddie was the main singer of the band.
Paul used to assist him and his work during his concerts. He worked with Freddie from 1977 to 1986. Moreover, he was also the biggest influence on his personal life. The singer and his manager also shared a relationship with each other for a brief time.
Who is Freddie Mercury’s Former Manager?
The biopic of Freddie Mercury named “Bohemian Rhapsody” recently released in October 2018. The movie featured all the band members Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor, and John Deacon.
In fact, the role of Paul Prenter was played by an actor Allen Leech. The other casts of the film are
- Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury.
- Lucy Boynton as Mary Austin.
- Gwilym Lee as Brian May.
- Ben Hardy as Roger Taylor.
- Joseph Mazzello as John Deacon (as Joe Mazzello).
- Aidan Gillen as John Reid.
|Full Birth Name||Paul Prenter.|
|Working As||Former Manager of Freddie Mercury.|
|Age||Forty-five (45) years old (As of 1991).|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1946.|
|Date of Death||August 1991.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||London, England, United Kingdom.|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Will update.|
|Famous For||The former lover of Freddie Mercury (Lead singer of Queen Band).|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 175 cm.
Meters: 1.75 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 60 Kg.
Pounds: 132 lbs.
|Biceps Size||13.5 inches.|
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||38-28-35.|
|Shoe Size (US)||8.|
|Parents||Father: Will update.
|Dating History?||Freddie Mercury.|
|Alma Mater||Not found.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Alec Guinness.
Actress: Vanessa Redgrave.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Listening to music.
|Favorite Dishes||Italian Food.|
|Net worth||$2.5 million US dollars (At the time of his death in August 1991).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Paul Prenter
- The movie displayed Paul as the main villain of Freddie Mercury. His influence was huge in Mercury’s career as they were also lovers.
- However, their relationship turned bitter after the release of the album Hot Space in 1982.
- Moreover, all the members except Mercury blamed Paul Prenter for the album’s failure.
- According to Jim Hutton, Paul sold the information about Mercury disease to the big newspaper. In fact, he was paid £32,000 by the paper for his story.
- In addition, Paul also sold the paper several photographs of Freddie with various boyfriends.
- The newspaper covered two pages under the heading titled “All The Queen’s Men”. This incident completely the relationship between Freddie and Paul Prenter.
- Moreover, Mercury also stopped talking to him. Paul tried to explain to him that he was compelled by the media.
- But Freddie was not interested in listening to any of his excuses. Later, they completely cut off from each other forever.
- The Mercury’s former manager died on August 1991 due to AIDS. He passed away three months before Freddie’s death.
- As in May 2020, the cause of Paul Prenter’s death still under investigation. The Police are still not able to find the real reason for his sudden death.