Peter Lindbergh (born November 23, 1944 – died September 03, 2019) was a German Fashion Photographer and Film Director from Leszno, Reichsgau Wartheland. He was one of the well-recognized photographers of all time.
His work with for the Stern magazine was very appreciated. In fact, Peter photographed some of the top models like Naomi Campbell, Tatjana Patitz, Linda Evangelista, Cindy Crawford, and Christy Turlington.
All the supermodels posed for Lindbergh for the January 1990 British Vogue cover. Recently, on September 03, 2019, the fashion photographer passed away at the age of 74.
He died in his home in Paris, France due to health issues. Many big celebrities like Rihanna, Charlize Theron, Meghan Markle, etc. paid tribute to him on their respective social media accounts.
Films, Fashion Shows & Other Works
The 74-years-old photographer started his career as an assistant in the initial days of his profession. According to a source, Peter worked for Hans Lux (German photographer) for two years.
Meanwhile, the director also served for Stern magazine and joined the company in 1971. Peter worked along with photographers Guy Bourdin, Helmut Newton, and Hans Feurer. Later, in 1973, he launched his own studio and preferred black & white photography. Moreover,
He photographed the Pirelli calendar twice i.e. in 1996 and 2002. In 1996, the late photographer also published his first book titled “10 Women”. As a director, Lindbergh made debut with his first documentary film “Models, The Film” in 1991.
Career & Net worth
It featured Tatjana Patitz, Naomi Campbell, Cindy Crawford, Linda Evangelista, and Stephanie Seymour. Then, in 1999, he directed his second drama-documentary titled “Inner Voices“.
The late filmmaker also bagged the “Best Documentary Award” at the Toronto International Film Festival in the following year. Some of his other popular projects are Everywhere at Once, Pina Bausch, Der Fensterputzer, and many other music albums cover.
His last work was with Meghan Markle (the Duchess of Sussex). He photographed her for the September edition of Vogue magazine. As of wealth, the accumulated Net worth of Peter Lindbergh is $12-15 million US Dollars, as of 2019.
|Real Full Birth Name||Peter Lindbergh.|
|Profession||Fashion Photographer and Film Director.|
|Famous for||working big names like Cindy Crawford, Christy Turlington, Linda Evangelista, Naomi Campbell, etc.|
|Age (As of 2018)||74 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||November 23, 1944.|
|Date of Death||September 03, 2019.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Leszno, Reichsgau Wartheland, (German-occupied Poland).|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Sagittarius.|
|House In||Paris, France.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/therealpeterlindbergh/?
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 6' 0".
Centimeters: 183 cm.
Meters: 1.83 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 82 Kg.
Pounds: 181 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||44-34-38.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Parents||Father: Names are not available..
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||had an affair with Astrid Lindbergh.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||1. Astrid Lindbergh (ex-wife).
2. Petra Sedlaczek (m. 2002 – until his death 2019).
|Son||1. Benjamin Lindbergh.
2. Simon Lindbergh.
3. Jeremy Lindbergh.
4. Joseph Lindbergh.
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelors degree.|
|Alma Mater.||1. Berlin Academy of Fine Arts.
2. Kunsthochchule (College of Art).
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Christoph Waltz.
Actress: Nastassja Kinski.
Painter: Vincent van Gogh.
|Dream Holiday Destination||London.|
|Love to do||Photography and Travel.|
|Favorite Food||French Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$12-15 million US dollars (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
|Mobile or Phone Number||--|
|Home Details||Will Update.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Peter Lindbergh
- Fashion Photographer was born on the 23rd of November 1944 in Leszno, Reichsgau Wartheland, (German-occupied Poland). As of 2019, Peter Lindbergh’s age was 74 years old.
- His father and mother later moved to Duisburg, German when Peter was very young.
- In the early 1960s, the filmmaker moved to Lucerne and then to Berlin months later.
- He graduated from Berlin Academy of Fine Arts in the 1960s.
- The talented artist also studied abstract art at the Kunsthochchule (College of Art) in Krefeld, North Rhine-Westphalia.
- As a teenager, Lindbergh worked as a window dresser for the Karstadt and Horten department stores in Duisburg.
- In fact, the photographer also began to exhibit his pictures already before graduation.
- As of relationship, Peter married his first wife “Astrid Lindbergh” many years ago.
- They also featured in the real-life documentary titled “Peter Lindbergh — Women’s Stories” (2019) and Jean-Michel Vecchiet was a director of the project.
- However, their marriage soon came to an end and they took divorce.
- Later, the fashion photographer tied the knot with his second spouse “Petra Sedlaczek” in 2002 in a private ceremony.
- He had four children i.e. four sons named Benjamin, Simon, Jeremy, and Joseph Lindbergh. Peter also had seven grandchildren.