Prue Shaw (born in 1949) is an Australian Scholar, Author, Editor and Consultant from Sydney, Australia. She is an Italian studies reader at the University of London. Moreover, Prue authored a book, i.e. Reading Dante: From Here to Eternity.
She is the ex-wife of Clive James (Poet, Broadcaster, Essayist, and Author). On the other hand, Clive acclaimed for the poem Japanese Maple. He earned respect from the literary circles.
Mr. James appeared in TV programs such as Clive James on Television. Though, he diagnosed with leukemia in 2010. In 1992, Clive made a member of Order of Australia. He was a heavy drinker and smoker in his early years.
The media spread the news of his kidney failure in 2011. On the other hand, the BBC interview broadcasted he told about his death reports. James also wrote a weekly column in The Guardian, i.e. Reports of My Death. However, he died in his Cambridge home on November 24, 2019.
Childhood, Education, Early Life & Parents
Prudence A. Shaw took birth to her parents in 1949 (age 70 years) in Sydney. She showed her excitement expression for research and development activities.
Furthermore, Prue inspired by the mom-dad who were research scholars too. She gained her first class degree in English and Italian from the University of Sydney.
Furthermore, Clive James’ spouse received the highest merit among the arts faculty students. She took her degrees from Universities of Oxford (B.Phil, General and Comparative Literature) and Florence.
Marriage with Clive James, Love & Kids
She tied the wedding knot with Clive in a traditional ceremony in Cambridge (1968). Moreover, she felt her incredible motherhood experiences with her two daughters.
Prue was upset about the affair news of her spouse with Leanne Edelsten (former model). Then, she separated from him and lived in London City. Finally, the court granted him a divorce in 2012.
|Real Full Birth Name||Prudence A. "Prue" Shaw.|
|Profession||Scholar, Author, Editor and Consultant.|
|In The News For||Her ex-husband Clive James died on November 24, 2019.|
|Age (As of 2019)||70 years old.|
|Current Residence||London, UK.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Hobbies||Reading Books, Watching Films & Playing Football.|
|Favorite Food||Pudding, Cake & Pasta.|
|Parents||Father: Will Update Soon.
Mother: Not Found.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Marital Status||Unmarried (Married once in the past).|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Clive James (m. 1968; div. 2012).|
|Daughter||Two Daughters (name not known).|
|Highest Qualification||1. English and Italian bachelor degree from University of Sydney.
2. B.Phil in General and Comparative Literature from University of Oxford.
|School||High School, Sydney.|
|Alma Mater.||1. University of Sydney.
2. University of Florence.
3. University of Oxford.
|Height||5 feet 7 inches (170 in Centimeters).|
|Weight||60 Kg (132 in Pounds).|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown.|
|Asset Valuation||Apartment in London ($500K-$620K).|
|Net worth||$1 Million-$1.15 Million US Dollars.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Prue Shaw
- Clive admitted that he smoked more than 80 cigarettes a day.
- Moreover, he tried keeping his private relationships away from the media.
- Prudence won the Wentworth Traveling Fellowship for abroad study.
- Clive James’ wife taught English to the students at the University of Sydney for one year.
- On the other hand, she is the first Non-Italian received distinction editing the Monarchia series.
- The British National Academy supported her Commedia DVD research.
- Moreover, she acted as a Consultant for the Royal Academy.
- She honored with the medal by the Florence city authorities for her contribution in Dante Studies.
- Additionally, Clive also earned a special award from the BAFTA association in 2015.
- He was an honorary fellow in the Pembroke College, Cambridge.
- Prue Shaw earned decent net worth, i.e. $1 Million-$1.15 Million US Dollars. Moreover, she owned an apartment in the posh area of the London city valued $500K-$620K.