Rohini Iyer (born 9 August 1979) is a famous Indian film journalist, the Bollywood publicist, business executive, entrepreneur, and blogger from Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She is best known in the entertainment industry as the founder and owner of the media company named “Raindrop Media”.
Before establishing the Raindrop Media, she used to work for the film magazine as a journalist. Apart from this, she also worked as an intern with Channel V and MTV. While working in the channels, she made great links with Bollywood celebrities like Akshay Kumar, Shah Rukh Khan, Anil Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan, etc.
Rohini did lots of struggles in her life to achieve success. After gaining some experience in the entertainment industry, Rohini Iyer launched her own entertainment firm “Raindrop Media” along with the collaboration of her friend Rahila Mirza in the year 2003.
The famous filmmaker and screenplay writer “Aziz Mirza” also helped her a lot to form Raindrop Media. Rohini got her first project of marketing and publicity of the film “Main Hoon Na”.
She got this opportunity by popular choreographer “Farah Khan”. After that, she and her firm become popular in the Bollywood industry. At present, she is a popular personality in the entertainment industry and has links with so many famous celebrities.
Rohini Iyer & Sushant Singh Rajput’s Friendship
View this post on Instagram
If you want to talk about him, celebrate his life. It was larger than life like the movies he aspired to make . Celebrate his work . He put his heart and soul into his craft , he was bothered more about research than make up . He was about quality not vanity . He was a bright star . That’s why he shined sheer magic. Celebrate his brilliance . He thrived for excellence , mediocrity affected him.He rejected anything conventional as easily as he rejected godfathers and big ticket films that he didn’t believe in. He didn’t take calls of the high and mighty if he didn’t want to . He didn’t care about money, I’ve seen him return pay checks worth crores . If he wanted to switch his phone off and go farming or fishing , he would . He broke every rule and burnt bridges sometimes just to light his way . Cos frankly my dear he didn’t give a damn . He was my best friend , my special son. He was my Mozart. He’s given me music , culture , art , stars , poetry, books and most importantly , memories. He didn’t care about most people or what they thought of him . I think he barely had three friends that he really cared about . I was one of them and for that I will always be thankful . He touched every single person’s life and path he crossed . Knowing Rajput was loving him. I just want everyone to know and remember him for the person he really was . Not this manufactured version the peddlers are trying to sell. Maybe he was too good for all of you . He was pure diamond . Maybe you all didn’t recognise that cos you are only used to plastic . You didn’t deserve him. He was intelligent beyond belief and some of you can barely read. And you know what ? He didn’t care about all of you or your dumb opinions then . He won’t care any less now . But I do . Protecting his legacy is important to me . So setting the record straight once and for all .
After the suicide of Sushant Singh Rajput, there has been a debate on nepotism from Bollywood to social media. Many stars regretted not being associated with Sushant. At the same time, many have blamed Bollywood factionalism for Sushant’s death.
Bollywood’s famous publicist and Sushant’s friend Rohini Iyer has written a long Instagram post, telling the bitter truth of this world of glamorNDTV. Rohini has also shared many pictures of Sushant. Rohini writes that ‘these things need to be said.
My best friend is no more; I am still having difficulty accepting this truth. She also said that, whenever she watch social media, she looks for news related to it and gets to read imaginary things rather than just people online.
Every person who wants to get two seconds of fame is saying something in his life. Recalling Sushant, Rohini Iyer says that to get her attention, you needed to be a lot more than that trophy. He was the charisma of nature. His successes are difficult to count.
Early Life, Parents & Education
The founder of Raindrop Media came to this world from her parents on Thursday, August 9, 1979, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She was born into a Hindu family. According to her birth date, Rohini Iyer’s age is 40 years old (as of 2019).
She never reveals the names of her parents and siblings to the media. According to Dreshare, her father (name not known) is a businessman. Her mom used to work in an architect’s company as a consultant.
At present, she serves the position of a director in her daughter’s firm “Raindrop Media”. She spent her childhood in Mumbai. She joined a local private school for her primary education.
After that, she took admission to Maharashtra University for further studies. According to the media reports, she dropped out of her gradation in the middle to fulfill her dream to work in the entertainment industry.
|Real Full Birth Name||Rohini Iyer.|
|Occupation||Business Executive, Film Journalist, Bollywood Publicist, Entrepreneur, and Blogger.|
|Age (As of 2019)||40 years old.|
|Date of Birth||August 9, 1979.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Zodiac Birth Sign||Leo.|
|House Location||Mumbai, India.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 5".
Centimeters: 165 cm.
Meters: 1.65 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 70 Kg.
Pounds: 154 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||7.|
|Parents||Father: Name Not Known.
Mother: Name Not Available.
|Siblings||No Data Available.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Marital Status||Not Known.|
|Boyfriend/Husband||Will Update Soon.|
|Social media||Instagram: @rohiniyer (171K + followers).
Twitter: @rohiniyer (136.7K + followers).
|Language Known||1. English.
|School||Local Private School.|
|Alma Mater||Maharashtra University.|
|Last Updated||On 18 June 2020 (©️ Copyright - Dreshare.com).|
|Career & Wealth|
|Net worth||INR 7-8 Crore (as of 2020).|
|Founder||1. Raindrop Media Company.|
The 40-year-old lady is a fashion freak. She likes to wear conventional and easygoing outfit wears. Rohini Iyer has a short height of 5 ft 5 in tall. She gives more spotlights on yoga and contemplation as opposed to gyming and overwhelming exercises.
She takes an all-around arranged eating routine to keep her body fit and dynamic. The protein-rich diet helps her lot to maintains her weight around 70 kilograms (in pounds 154 lbs). She has a mole on her upper lip. As a tattoo lover, she inked a heart tattoo on her chest.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rohini Iyer
- The idea of opening an entertainment firm came to Rohini’s mind when she and her friend were gossiping in a coffee shop in Bandra.
- After a year, Rohini and her friend “Rahila Mirza” started their firm named “Raindrop Media” in the year 2003.
- On her Twitter account, she earned 136K+ followersTwitter.
- She took the help of director “Aziz Mirza” for establishing Raindrop Media.
- Rohini Iyer named her firm by inspiring from B. J. Thomas’s old song “Raindrops Keep Fallin’ on My Head”.
- Rahila and Iyer registered their firm name for Rs 5 Lakh.
- The popular director and choreographer “Farah Khan” gave her the project of publicity and marketing of her movie “Main Hoon Na”.
- It was Rohini’s first project.
- She gave her best to promote the movie.
- Luckily, the movie hit the box office and earned over 33 crores.
- After that, she started getting work.
- While, working in the entertainment field, she makes great links with many popular stars including Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, and others.
- In the year 2018, Rohini won The Innovator 25 Asia Pacific awards.
- Apart from this, she also won so many awards like Stardust Achievers Awards for Most Influential Entrepreneur in Media.
- She has also honored with Woman of the Decade by Women Economic Forum in London.
- Rohini was also invited to the wedding of Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas.
- In 2002, Rohini Iyer was irritated by the press encompassing Manisha Koirala, an entertainer who guaranteed a naked scene she’d acted in utilized a body twofold.
- So many popular celebrities like Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Ekta Kapoor, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, John Abraham, and others are her client.
- From her entertainment career, Rohini made a net worth of INR7-8 crore as in 2020.
- There is no information is available about her marital status.
- Moreover, she never discloses any information about her relationships and affairs to the media.
- She posted images with celebrities on her official social media handles.
- She never gives a single hint about her personal life.
- I will try to find the information about her marital status and relationships and update you shortly.
- Moreover, Iyer likes to travel to different countries with her mom.
References [ + ]