Shaun King (born September 17, 1979) is an American Civil Rights Activist and Writer from Kentucky, USA. He is the co-founder of the Real Justice PAC. He used his social media accounts to promote the “Black Lives Matter” protests and social justice causes.
After completing college education, he worked in a high school in Atlanta. King went to work as a pastor and founded a church in the Atlanta region. During that time, he started many campaigns online HomeinHaiti.org, TwitChange.com, and HopeMob.org.
He works as a writer-in-residence for the Harvard Law School. In addition to this, he assigned the Fair Punishment Project by the university administration. He relaunched the Frederick Douglass’s The North Star. He contributed to “The Intercept”, “The Appeal”, “New York Daily News, Daily Kos”, the “Tom Joyner Morning Show” and “The Young Turks” projects.
Early Life, Parents & Education
Jeffrey Shaun King was born on September 17, 1979, in Kentucky. He lived his childhood years in Versailles. On his birth certificate, his name appeared as Jeffrey Wayne King. His mom Naomi Kay King told us that his dad was a light-skinned black man.
Moreover, Kay King worked hard in a light bulb factory for 40 years. She fulfilled the demands of her son as a single mother. Shaun passed out from the Huntertown Elementary School. Then, he enrolled at the Woodford County High School. His two brothers are Russ and Jason King.
From 1997-2001, he completed his BA degree in History from Morehouse College. Then, he earned his MA (History) at Arizona State University (2015-2018 sessions).
Shaun King – Jesus Christ’s Statue Controversy
Yes, I think the statues of the white European they claim is Jesus should also come down.
They are a form of white supremacy.
Always have been.
In the Bible, when the family of Jesus wanted to hide, and blend in, guess where they went?
Tear them down.
— Shaun King (@shaunking) June 22, 2020
In June 2020, Shaun created Twitter posts about the white Jesus ChristFox News. He thinks that it should remove them. However, the prominent conservative people disliked his comments posted on his official Twitter account.
In August 2015, Milo Yiannopoulos raised questions about King’s identity in the Breitbart News article. Yiannopoulos revealed that Shaun belonged to the white ethnicity Caucasian heritage background. He and his supporters expressed their concern on the Black Lives Matter protest started after the death of George Floyd in May 2020.
Apart from that, Shaun King accused a white person of the rape and sexual harassment case of Sherita Dixon-Cole who is a human resource professional from Texas. Cole arrested by the Texas police team in the drunk and drive case.
Then, S. Lee Merritt (Philadelphia lawyer) found the sources of the trooper and viral the details on social media. The lawyer apologized to the false allegation to the trooper and the people. After the body cam video released then, King deleted all the videos on the Twitter account. Such kind of controversies affected his image among the people.
Marriage, Spouse & Children
In 2001, he married his wife whose name is Rai King. Shaun King is the daddy of five children. The names of his three daughters are Taeyonna King, Savannah King, Kendi King, and his one son is Ezekiel King.
However, his fifth child name not found. He adopted two kids and included them in his family. On the other hand, he lives with his better half and children in New York City.
|Real Full Birth Name||Jeffrey Shaun King.|
|In the News For||His Twitter posts on the white Jesus Christ controversy.|
|Age (As of 2019)||40 years old.|
|Profession||Civil Rights Activist and Writer.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||September 17, 1979.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Residence Location||New York City, USA.|
|Zodiac Birth Sign.||Virgo.|
|Social Media Account Presence||Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/shaunking.
|YouTube Channel||Shaun King (8K Subscribers).|
|Last Updated||24 June 2020 (©️ Copyright - dreshare.com)|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 9".
Centimeters: 176 cm.
Meters: 1.76 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 73 Kg.
Pounds: 160 lbs.
|Parents||Father: Name Not Known.
Mother: Naomi Kay King.
|Siblings||Brother: Russ King and Jason King.|
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Marital Status||Married Since 2001.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Rai King (2001 - Present).|
|Daughter||Taeyonna King, Savannah King, and Kendi King.|
|Work Experience||1. CEO, The North Star (2018).
2. Columnist, First Look Media (2017).
3. Writer in Residence, Harvard Law School (2017).
4. Social Justice Commentator, Tom Joyner Morning Show (2016).
5. Social Justice Writer, New York Daily News (2015-17).
6. Founder & CEO, HopeMob (2011-14).
|Awards||1. 25 most influential people list of 2018, TIME Magazine.
2. Citizens Committee for Children in New York city honored him with the Samuel Peabody Award for Journalism.
|Highest Qualification||1. BA (History) from Morehouse College.
2. MA (History) from Arizona State University.
|School||1. Huntertown Elementary School.
2. Woodford County High School.
|Alma Mater.||1. Morehouse College.
2. Arizona State University.
Some Lesser Known Facts about Shaun King
- Shaun revealed that while growing in Kentucky he became the victim of hate crimes and racism. In high school, a group of boys tried to harm him. Still, he did not get any support from the school authorities. His life partner posted some past incidents photos on the social media accounts too.
- He awarded the Opera Winfrey Scholarship and appointed as the president of the students’ government association.
- Rai King’s husband involved himself in the community services. He provided mentorship and tuitions to the students of the Franklin Lebby Stanton Elementary School, Atlanta.
- He taught civics to the children for one year. Then, he worked in Atlanta’s juvenile justice system.
- The 40-year-old left teaching and then became a pastor at the Total Grace Christian Center. He was high school inspired to become a pastor. Due to personal stress and other issues, he resigned from the Courageous Church in 2012.
- He found a fatherly figure in his high school and that person helped him to recover from the past issues.
- He was the former Graduate Research Assistant at Dr. Alton Hornsby (2002-2006) in the Greater Atlanta Area. In addition to this, he was the editor and contributor of the Dr. Alton projects.
- Shaun counseled and supported the teenagers as the motivational speaker and program director in the Wholistic Stress Control Institute (2003-2005).
- He organized full-time workshops and established himself as the main stage speaker for 15 years at the Social Good, Inc (1997-2010).
- On the other hand, he handled the special projects and social media work at the Northwest Haiti Christian Association. He focused on fundraising programs and social media works.
- Shaun King became the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Founder of the TwitChange (2005-2011). Many celebrities participated in the auction programs in an online auction company. He collaborated with Eva Longoria in the TwitChange. The auction featured around 300 celebrities like Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, Kevin Hart, and Demi Lovato. With the help of popular celebrities, he arranged funds for the Haiti families, earthquake, and solider families support programs.
- He was the former Marketing Director of the Project 7Inc in Costa Mesa, California.
- Shaun is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of “The North Star” since November 2018. Moreover, “The North Star” established as the modern hub of liberalism and relaunched.
- For 2 years, he was the columnist of the First Look Media.
- Shaun King connected himself in a newly created position in the New York Daily News (Senior Justice Writer), Greater New York City area.
- He was the co-founder, board member, chief digital and creative officer of the Upfront Media Group’s applications from 2012 to 2015. It is a consumer-facing app available on the android and iPhone platforms. Mr. King focused on working and connecting with several artists across the world.
- Physical Measurements: Shaun King’s height is 5 feet 9 inches (179 in Centimeters) and his weigh calculated 73 Kilograms i.e. (160 in Pounds).
- He launched campaigns on Facebook and Twitter social media platforms.
- He wrote books like “Make Change: How to Fight Injustice, Dismantle Systemic Oppression, and Own Our Future”, “The Power of 100! Kickstart Your Dreams, Build Momentum, and Discover Unlimited Possibility” and “The Power of 100” in his career.
- He honored with the Humanitarian Hero Award in the Black Entertainment Television event (2018).
- The TIME Magazine included him in the 25 most influential people list of 2018.
- The Citizen’s Committee for Children in New York city honored with the Samuel Peabody Award for Journalism.
- Shaun King accused of the fundraising controversies as per the Buzzfeed sources. He founded an organization named Justice Together and arranged huge funds. However, the organization closed down. On January 15, 2019, King planned to take legal action against the people who questioned his intentions. Apart from that, the Daily Beast sources doubted the funds managed for the Haiti people.
- He has around 8K subscribers on his self-titled YouTube channel.
References [ + ]