Sophie de Stempel (born in 1960) is a British Artist from Hythe, United Kingdom. Additionally, she was the former life model. She became famous after a relationship with Ian Holm (English Actor). However, Ian suffered from prostate cancer in 2001. He took the treatment from the doctors’ team. Soon, he revealed that he diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in the past years.
Ian Holm died in London’s hospital on June 19, 2020The New York Times. LOTR fans and his fellow celebrities paid tribute to his death. He left behind his better half Sophie and his children from different women.
In 1960, Ian Holm’s spouse took birth in Hythe, UK. On her 2020s birthday, Sophie de Stempel completed the age of 60 years old. However, she did not disclose the details of her mom and dad. She learned about painting skills at the City and Guild School of Arts.
In her interview with the Royal School of Drawing, she shared her painting passion. She believed in many things while drawing using her pencil and paper. In the beginning, she understood the different steps of painting.
Marriage with Ian Holm & Children
In December 2003, Ian and Sophie de Stempel wedded. Still, the duo did not have children in their relationship. On the other hand, Mr. Holm was the daddy of three daughters Jessica Holm, Sarah-Jane Holm, and Melissa Holm and two sons named Barnby Holm and Harry Holm.
He involved in the martial relationships with the females Lynn Mary Shaw, Sophie Baker, and Penelope Wilton (Actress).
|Full Name||Sophie de Stempel.|
|In the News For||Her husband Ian Holm died on June 19, 2020.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1960|
|Age (As of 2020)||60 years old.|
|Instagram Account||https://www.instagram.com/sophiedestempel (1.7K followers).|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Hythe, United Kingdom.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Zodiac Birth Sign||NA.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 4".
Centimeters: 163 cm.
Meters: 1.63 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 55 Kg.
Pounds: 123 lbs.
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.5.|
|Last Updated||On 20 June 2020 (© Dreshare.com).|
|Highest Qualification||Degree Arts.|
|College/University||City and Guild School of Arts.|
|Personal Life Info|
|Parents||Father: Not Known.
Mother: Name Not Found.
|Siblings||Will Update Soon.|
|Husband Name||Ian Holm.|
|Earnings & Income||Through her art exhibition.|
|Net worth (as of 2020)||£700K Pounds.|
Some Interesting Facts about Sophie de Stempel
- Sophie found her drawing passion in her childhood.
- Ian Holm’s Wife worked for more than eight years for Lucian Feud.
- Sophie de Stempel showed her work in Albemarle Gallery along with Pippa Houldsworth and Rebecca Hossack.
- She is the mixed shows curated department of Sigmund Freud Museum.
- Additionally, she earned around 1.7K followers on her official Instagram account. She showcased her artworks on her social media accounts.
- Sophie gave her contributions to social work through her charity work.
- Ian took formal acting training from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts.
- In 1954, he made his stage debut.
- He debuted in London on the play Love Affair.
- Holm became the well-established star of the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- He played Richard III role in the “The War of the Roses” in the BBC program.
- On the other hand, he acted in the minor roles in the movies like “Oh! What a Lovely War”(1969), “Nicholas and Alexandra”(1971), “Mary Queen of Scots” (1972) and “Young Winston” (1972).
- He earned the BAFTA nomination for the Game, Set and Match television series (1989).
- He continued to perform in the Shakespeare plays.
- Ian featured in the David Cronenberg movies like Naked Lunch(1991) and eXistenZ (1999).
- He had played the role of Napoleon Bonaparte in the mini television series Napoleon and Love(1974), Terry Gilliam’s Time Bandits (1981), and The Emperor’s New Clothes.
- In his career, he nominated twice for the Emmy Awards for the PBS broadcast King Lear of the National Theater Production.
- Once, he stated that Harold Pinter was his favourite actor and playwright.
- Holm reunited with Kenneth Branagh in the horror movie titled Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein(1994). Moreover, he played Kenneth’s father role, Victor Frankenstein.
- He won the special award in the Cannes Film Festival for his appearance in the British Historical Drama movie Chariots of Fire(1981).
- Valuation of Wealth: Sophie de Stempel’s calculated net worth is around £700K Pounds (as of 2020 records). She gets a decent income for her painting work and exhibitions. Additionally, she lives in London City
- Before Ian’s death, his last two movies “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” (2012) and “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies” (2014).
- In 1998, he had earned the Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) on his birthday honours.
- Ian won the award nominations and honours in the prestigious award functions like Primetime Emmy Award, Screen Actors, Guild Awards, Broadcast Film Critics Association, Annie Award and Toronto Film Critics Association.
- The list of his television shows includes The Man in the Iron Mask, The Lost Boys, The Endless Match, Murder by the Block, 1006: The Battle for Middle Earth and The Borrowers.
- He felt lucky for his first encounter with Henry Baynton (Shakespearean Actor). With Baynton’s help, he received admission for the acting training in the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts.
References [ + ]
|1.||↑||The New York Times|