Sushma Swaraj (born February 14, 1952) was an Indian Politician, Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader and Supreme Court Lawyer from Ambala Cantt (Haryana, India). She was the second woman after Indira Gandhi to be the External Affairs Minister in the Modi Government 2014. Furthermore, she won the general elections from the Videsha City, Madhya Pradesh by 4 Lakh votes.
The 67-year-old Politician also appointed the 5th Chief Minister of Delhi in 1998. Still, she resigned during 1998. She handled the Ministry of External Affairs from 2014-19. At that time, the Wall Street Journal named her the best politician.
Political Achievements, Career & Net worth
She served in the Indian Parliament for 11 times. Earlier, she maintained her opposition leader position in the 15th Lok Sabha in 2009. However, she took voluntary retirement from the Bharatiya Janta Party. She went for a kidney transplant in 2016.
Reportedly, she jointly owned the net asset of Rs. 54 Crore Indian Rupees along with her spouse Swaraj Kaushal.
In 2019, Sushma Swaraj’s Net worth is valued at Rs. 32 Crore Indian Rupees. She invested around Rs. 17 Crore INR in the different saving schemes. Additionally, she also owned gold and silver ornaments Rs. 29 Lakh INR.
Death Cause & Heart Attack
Then, Ms. Swaraj needed rest after her operation. She refused to take any position in the Modi 2.0 government. She wrote her last tweet and congratulated the Modi government on Jammu and Kashmir’s article 370 and 35 (A) article abolishment.
Though, Sushma’s died after the cardiac arrest (death cause) on August 7, 2019. Her spouse and daughter immediately admitted her to AIIMS, Delhi. Still, her life could not save. Her dead body kept in the BJP office, Delhi. Narendra Modi and Arvind Kejriwal arrived to pay her tribute.
Early Life, Parents, Siblings & Profile
BJP Politician, Sushma Swaraj was born on the 14th of February 1952 (age 67 years old, at the time of her death on 7 August 2019) in Ambala Cantt, Haryana (India). Her family hailed from Dharmampura region, Lahore (Pakistan).
She is the daughter of her father Hardev Sharma (Member, Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh). In addition, Shrimati Laxmi Devi is her mother’s name. She follows Hinduism religion and her Caste is Brahmins.
Moreover, Sushma lived in Ambala Cantt and completed her education at the Sanatan Dharma College. She majored in Sanskrit and Political Science.
Then, Ms. Swaraj pursued her Law course at Punjab University, Chandigarh. She awarded the Best Hindi Speaker title for three years. Haryana’s Language Department organized the competition.
Her brother is Dr. Gulshan Sharma (Ayurveda Doctor, Ambala). Vandana Sharma is a Political Science Lecturer in the Government College, Haryana. Moreover, she is also the sister of Sushma.
Marriage, Spouse & Daughter
Sushma Swaraj tied the knot with her husband Swaraj Kaushal (Lawyer, Supreme) on July 13, 1975, during the emergency. Swaraj and Sushma are the parents of their only daughter Bansuri Swaraj (Criminal Lawyer).
Ms. Bansuri completed her Law studies from the University of Oxford and Inner Temple Institute.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Sushma Swaraj.|
|Profession||Senior BJP Leader and Supreme Court Lawyer|
|In the News For||Died due to cardiac arrest on August 6, 2019.|
|Age (As of 2019)||67 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||February 14, 1952.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Ambala Cantt, Haryana (India).|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Birth Sign)||Aquarius.|
|Date of Death||August 6, 2019.|
|Place||AIIMS, New Delhi (India).|
|Current Residence||New Delhi, India.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 4' 11".
Centimeters: 147 cm.
Meters: 1.47 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 67 Kg.
Pounds: 147 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||5.5.|
|Parents||Father: Hardev Sharma (Member, Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh).
Mother: Shrimati Laxmi Devi.
|Siblings||Brother: Dr. Gulshan Sharma (Ayurveda Doctor, Ambala).
Sister: Vandana Sharma( Political Science Lecturer in the Government College, Haryana).
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Marital Status||Married Since 1975.|
|Wedding date||July 13, 1975|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Swaraj Kaushal (Supreme Court, Lawyer).|
|Daughter||Bansuri Swaraj (Criminal Lawyer).|
|Highest Qualification||1. Graduate Degree in Sanskrit & Political Science from Sanatan Dharma College, Ambala Cantt.
2. LLB Degree from Punjab University.
|Alma Mater.||1. Sanatan Dharma College, Ambala Cantt.
2. Punjab University.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Rajesh Khanna.
Actress: Hema Malini.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Italy.|
|Favorite Color||White & Black.|
|Love to do||Reading Books & Watching TV shows.|
|Favorite Food||Poha & Khichdi.|
|Net worth (approx.)||Rs. 32 Crore Indian Rupees.|
|Monthly Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
|Mobile or Phone Number||Not Known.|
|Home Details||Lived in house in New Delhi, India.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Sushma Swaraj
- As per Wikipedia, Swaraj Kaushal’s wife was a professional lawyer in 1973 at the Supreme Court, India.
- She began her political and became the ABVP member during the 1970s era.
- Furthermore, she joined the Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP) after the end of an emergency.
- She also elected as the first woman spokesperson of the party.
- Sushma elected in the Haryana’s BJP-Lok Dal coalition government as the education minister.
- The Indian Parliament honored her with the Best Parliamentarian Award.
- Bansuri Swaraj’s mother also returned in the active politics in 2000 and was the Rajya Sabha member.
- Moreover, the late BJP leader served as the Governor of Mizoram.
Explore More: The Biography of Javed Iqbal, Lifestyle, Story & Affairs
- However, she lost the 13th Lok Sabha election against Sonia Gandhi (Congress Leader) from the Bellary seat in 1999.
- Physique Details: Sushma Swaraj’s height is 4 feet 11 inches tall (147 cm). In addition to this, her weight is measured around 67 Kg (147 lbs).
- She inducted in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government of the year 2000 as Minister for Information and Broadcasting.
- Additionally, she was the youngest Minister in the Haryana government in 1977.
- Swaraj accepted the Grand Cross Order of Civil Merit by the Spanish Government on February 19, 2019. Her work to support in the Nepal earthquake appreciated.
- She even became the Hindi Sahitya Sammelan, Haryana (President).