Suzanne Kay (born September 09, 1960) is an American Journalist, Writer, Editor, Producer, and Celebrity Relative from Santa Monica, California. She is well-recognized as the child of Diahann Carroll (actress, singer, model, and activist).
She was extremely popular for her appearances in the studio films like Carmen Jones (1954), and Porgy and Bess (1959). Carroll even created history after bagging a Tony Award for best actress and became the first Afro-American actress to do so.
Furthermore, she received the honor for her work in the Broadway musical “No Strings”. Diahann also won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress In A Television Series for her appearance in the show “Julia” in 1968.
The legendary actress earned an Academy Award for Best Actress nomination for the project “Claudine” in 1974. On October 04, 2016, Diahann Carroll passed away at the age of 84. She died of cancer after fighting a long battle with the disease.
Earlier, the singer was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1997. She then underwent 9 weeks of radiation therapy. She even started to work as an activist in order to raise awareness about breast cancer.
Early Life, Parents & Education
Suzanne Kay’s birthday falls on the 9th of September and was born in 1960 to her parents Diahann and Monte Kay. Her birthplace is Santa Monica, California and ages 59 years old, as of 2019. The journalist’s father was an American musicians’ agent and legendary jazz record producer.
He married her mother, Carroll, in 1956 but their marriage didn’t last long and the late couple divorced in 1963. Unfortunately, Monte Kay died in 1988 due to heart failure in Los Angeles.
As of education, Suzanne post-graduated from Columbia University. She received a Masters’ degree in Journalism. Soon, she started to intern at the PBS shows called “McNeil-Lehr News”.
|Real Full Birth Name||Suzanne Kay.|
|Profession||Journalist, Writer, Editor, and Producer.|
|Famous for||Being the daughter of Diahann Carroll (American actress, singer, model, and activist).|
|Age (As of 2019)||59 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||September 09, 1960.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Santa Monica, California, United States.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Virgo.|
|Current Residence||Los Angeles, California, USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/suzannekay9/.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 5".
Centimeters: 165 cm.
Meters: 1.65 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 62 Kg.
Pounds: 134 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||38-32-40.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||4.5.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Monte Kay.
Mother: Diahann Carroll.
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known.
|Famous Relatives||Grandparents: Mabel Faulk and John Johnson.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend.|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Mark Bamford (m. 1996 - div. 2016)|
|Highest Qualification||Post-graduate with a Masters' Degree in Journalism.|
|School||Private Elite High School.|
|Alma Mater.||Columbia University.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Will Smith.
Actress: Halle Berry.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Australia.|
|Love to do||Reading, Listening to music & Traveling.|
|Favorite Food||Continental Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$500K US dollars (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Suzanne Kay
- Diahann Carroll’s daughter was married to her husband “Mark Bamford” in 1996. He is an American film director and screenwriter.
- The couple welcomed two children with each other i.e. a son “August Bamford” and a daughter “Sydney Bamford”.
- However, the couple decided to end their relationship after staying together for more than 20 years. They took divorce in 2016 and parted their ways.
- After completing her internship, Kay became a writer for a big news outlet named CNN and editor for Essence Magazine.
- Furthermore, she even appeared on the ETV! Channel and worked with Grey Kinnear & Julie Moran.
- The celebrity kid launched a production company “Wonder View Films“.
- According to a source, Suzanne wrote scripts for the Fox channel. She produced and co-wrote the program called “Hero”.
- The 59-years-old journalist also co-produced the documentary “Sullivison” along with Margo Precht Speciale which was about Ed Sullivan regarding his work in the fight against racial injustice.