Svante Thunberg (born June 10, 1969) is a Swedish Actor, Author, and Internet Personality from Boo, Sweden. He is best known as Greta Thunberg’s parent who is Swedish Climate Change Activist.
She first became famous after starting the school strike for the climate in August 2018. Furthermore, Greta even gave an eye-opening lecture at TEDxStockholm on November 24, 2018.
The same year on December 04, 2018, she also addressed the United Nations Climate Change Conference. Back in 2019, Greta Thunberg got nominated for the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize.
Moreover, the International Women’s Day announced her as the most important woman of the year in Sweden in 2019. The activist also spoke at a conference of the European Economic and Social Committee on 21 February 2019.
Personal Life, Spouse Malena Ernman & Children
The 50-years-old Greta Thunberg’s dad, Svante Thunberg tied the knot with his wife “Sara Magdalena Ernman” aka Malena Ernman in 2004. She is a successful Swedish opera singer. In addition, Malena is a member of The Royal Swedish Academy of Music.
The couple shares two daughters together named Greta Ernman Thunberg and Beata Thunberg. Greta took birth to her parents on the 3rd of January 2003. Later, Svante and Sara welcomed their second child Beata in 2005.
As per the source, in 2014, their eldest kid suddenly stopped talking, wanting to do anything, eating, and reading. Later, Greta was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome. At that time, Thunberg’s faced a lot of difficult situations.
In fact, his spouse “Malena Ernman” had to cancel five shows and suffered 3 breakdowns during her professional activities. After Greta quit school in 2018, Svante became very worried about his kids’ education.
|Real Full Birth Name||Svante Fritz Vilhelm Ernman Thunberg.|
|Profession||Actor, Author, and Internet Personality.|
|Famous for||being the father of Greta Thunberg (Swedish Climate Change Activist).|
|Age (How old, as of 2019)||50 years.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||June 10, 1969.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Gemini.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 10".
Centimeters: 178 cm.
Meters: 1.78 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 75 Kg.
Pounds: 165 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||44-32-36.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Parents||Father: Olof Thunberg.
Mother: Mona Andersson.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Not disclosed by the actor.|
|Wife||Sara Magdalena Ernman.|
|Children||Daughters: Greta Ernman Thunberg and Beata Thunberg.|
|School||Private High School.|
|Alma Mater.||Name not available.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Stellan Skarsgård.
Actress: Sofia Helin.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Australia.|
|Love to do||Reading and Traveling.|
|Favorite Food||Italian Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$1 million US dollars (As of 2020).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Svante Thunberg
- Greta Thunberg’s Father, Svante Thunberg celebrates his birthday on 10 June and was born in 1969 (age 50 years, as in 2019) in Boo, Sweden. Gemini is his zodiac sign.
- His full real birth name is Svante Fritz Vilhelm Ernman Thunberg.
- Svante’s dad “Olof Thunberg” also remained a Swedish actor, voice artist, and director who passed away 24 February 2020.
- Furthermore, the actor’s mother “Mona Andersson” also worked as an actress in the past.
- His parents stayed together from 1978 to 1990. However, we have no details about his siblings.
- On 20 August 2018, his daughter chose to not attend school until the 2018 Sweden general election.
- Greta even protested to reduce carbon emissions in accordance with the Paris Agreement.
- Slowly, she started to gain recognization for her social activities worldwide.
- In October 2018, Svante Thunberg, his wife, and their kids rode to London in an electric car.
- As an actor, Svante Thunberg is famous for playing the role of Lilleman in a TV show called “Skärgårdsdoktorn”. He appeared in an episode titled “Sensommargäster” in 1998.
- He even co-authored books named “Scenes from the Heart” and “No One Is Too Small to Make a Difference”.