Swapna Barman (born October 29, 1996) is an Indian professional Heptathlete, who has won a gold medal in the Heptathlon event in the Jakarta Palembang 2018 Asian Games. In addition, she has also represented Indian in many International Athletics Events.
The 21-year-old Heptathlete has also won Gold Medal in Asian Championships 2017, Bhubaneswar and Federation cup 2017, New Delhi.
She has supported by the Rahul Dravid Athlete Mentorship Programme i.e. “GoSports Foundation“.
Swapna Barman Biography (Heptathlete) Height, Age, Weight, Parents, Husband & Profile
|Personal Life Information|
|Full Birth Name||Swapna Barman.|
|Working As||Professional Indian Heptathlete.|
|Age (As of 2018)||Twenty-One (21) years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||October 29, 1996.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Jalpaiguri, West Bengal, India.|
|Awards & Medal Tally||1. Gold Medal in Asian Games 2018, Jakarta.
2. Gold Medal in Asian Championships 2017, Bhubaneswar.
3. Gold Medal in Federation cup 2017, New Delhi.
|Coach Name||Subhash Sarkar.|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Scorpio.|
|Current Residence||Jalpaiguri, West Bengal.|
|Famous for||Winning Gold for India in the Heptathlon event in the Jakarta Palembang 2018 Asian Games.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 3".
Centimeters: 160 cm.
Meters: 1.60 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 50 Kg.
Pounds: 110 lbs.
|Shoe Size (US)||6.|
|Parents||Father: Panchanan Barman (Rickshaw Puller).
Mother: Basana Barman (Worked on a Tea Estate).
|Siblings||Brother: One bro.
Sister: Two sisters.
|Famous Relatives||Not Known|
|Swapna Barman Husband & Relationship|
|Boyfriend||Name not Available.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Akshay Kumar.
Actress: Deepika Padukone.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Kashmir.|
|Love to do||Reading.|
|Favorite Food||Sea Food.|
|Swapna Barman Net worth|
|Net Asset (approx.)||Rs. 54.4 Lakhs Indian Rupees (As of 2018).|
|Salary Per Month||Will Update.|
|Office Address||Not Known|
|Home Details||Not Known|
|Mobile or Phone Number||N.A.|
|Email Address||Will update soon.|
|Official Website||Not Available.
|Social Media Accounts|
Facts about Swapna Barman (Gold Medal Winning Heptathlete)
- She was born on the 29th of October 1996 in a small Town of Jalpaiguri, West Bengal, India. As of 2018, Swapna Barman’s age is Twenty-one (21) years old.
- Her family is very poor. They are living in a tin house. Her father, Panchanan Barman is a Rickshaw Driver and her mother “Basana Barman” used to work on a Tea Estate.
- Her dad had a heart stroke. Therefore, he had stopped working. This makes the life of his four children very difficult.
- There is no proper food available for her in her childhood.
- She was born with usual feet with six fingers on her each foot. This makes even difficult for her to buy a properly fitted running shoe.
- At a very young age, she understands her family financial condition. Therefore, she has taken the lead to feed his parents, brothers, and sisters.
- She was always inclined towards the sports since her childhood.
- The 21-year-old Gold Medal winning Heptathlete has trained herself in her young age.
- Despite her Jaw injury in Asian Games 2018, she still won Gold Medal in the Heptathlon event in the Jakarta for India.
- Her usual feet with six fingers makes her running more painful.
- At one time, she could not able to afford proper running shoes and food diet needed for a sportsperson.
Read Also: Story of Vinesh Phogat (Wrestler) & her Success Secrets
- She has one dream in her teenage days to achieve something big which help her family to come out from poverty and live a normal life.
- Her strong will and dedication along with her dream made her even stronger. She has worked very hard and become a Heptathlete.