Ursula von der Leyen (born October 8, 1958) is a German Politician from Ixelles, Brussels (Germany). She had filled in as Minister of Defense of Germany from 2013 to 2019. An individual from the middle right Christian Democratic Union (CDU).
she is the primary lady to hold the workplace of German barrier serve and the first to progress toward becoming President of the European Commission. On the other hand, she is active in politics since 1999. However, she took a break from her career to take care of her 7 children.
Profile, Political Career & Net worth
In the Angela Merkel cabinet, she appointed as the Minister of Family Affairs and Youth (2005-2009). She organized a cabinet-level meeting in Israel. Then, Ursula took charge of the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs from 2009-2013.
She successfully won the elections from the Hanover district. Ms. Leyen prime focus was the German armed equipment. On the other hand, she made her visit India in 2015 for the $11 billion armed deal.
In 2019, Ursula von der Leyen’s Net worth is $50 Million US Dollars. She is getting a handsome salary from her political party which increases his wealth. Moreover, she has also earned passive income through her financial Assets, various businesses, and investments.
Now, she emerged as the strong leader of the Christian Democratic Union (CDU) party. Apart from that, she questioned on the issues of pornography, childcare leave, and same-sex marriage.
Early Life, Parents & Siblings
Ursula Von Der Leyen was born on 8th of October 1958 (age 60 years old) in Ixelles (Brussels, Germany). Moreover, her father whose name is Ernst Albrecht worked for the first group of European Civil Servants.
Ursula has a mother too named Adele Stromeyer. Furthermore, her sister is Benita-Eva Albrecht. Ursula is the second sister to her five brothers Harald-Ernst Albrecht, Lorenz Albrecht, Donatus Albrecht, Barthold Albrecht and Hans-Holger Albrecht.
She was among the bright students of the European Schools in Brussels I. Primarily; she belonged to the German-American race. Ursula got her first degree in Economics from the University of Gottingen.
After that, she enrolled at the London School of Economics. On the other hand, she graduated as a Physician in Women Health at the Hanover Medical School. Ursula also studied in the University of Munster.
Personal Affairs, Spouse & Children
In 1986 she wedded individual doctor Heiko von der Leyen of the respectable von der Leyen group of silk dealers. As a mother of seven youngsters, she was a homemaker during parts of the 1990s and lived for a long time in Stanford, California.
Ursula’s five daughters are Maria Donata von der Leyen, Victoria von der Leyen, Sophie von der Leyen, Johanna von der Leyen, and Gracia von der Leyen. Her two sons names are David von der Leyen and Egmont von der Leyen.
Meanwhile, her better half worked for Stanford University. Then, they decided to return to Germany in 1996.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||Ursula von der Leyen.|
|Profession||1. CDU Leader.
2. President, European Union.
|Famous for||Elected as the President of the European Union (EU).|
|Age (As of 2019)||61 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||October 8, 1958.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Ixelles (Brussels, Germany).|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Birth Sign)||Libra.|
|Political Positions||1. Minister of Family Affairs and Youth (2005-09).
2. Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (2009-13).
3. Member of the FIFA World 2011 Trustees Board.
4. Minister of Defense (2013-19).
5. President, EU (2019).
|Awards||Honored Grand Cross of the Order for Merits to Lithuania (2017).|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 6".
Centimeters: 168 cm.
Meters: 1.68 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 59 Kg.
Pounds: 130 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||--|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.5|
|Parents||Father: Ernst Albrecht.
Mother: Adele Stromeyer.
|Siblings||Brother: Harald-Ernst Albrecht, Lorenz Albrecht, Donatus Albrecht, Barthold Albrecht and Hans-Holger Albrecht.
Sister: Benita-Eva Albrecht.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Marital Status||Married Since 1986.|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Heiko von der Leyen.|
|Son||David von der Leyen & Egmont von der Leyen.|
|Daughter||Maria Donata von der Leyen, Victoria von der Leyen, Sophie von der Leyen, Johanna von der Leyen & Gracia von der Leyen.|
|Highest Qualification||1. Degree in Economics from University of Gottingen & London School of Economics.
2. Medicine Degree in Women's Health from Hanover Medical School.
|School||European Schools, Brussels I.|
|Alma Mater.||1. University of Gottingen.
2. London School of Economics.
3. Hanover Medical School.
4. University of Munster.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Brad Pitt.
Actress: Scarlett Johansson.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Mexico.|
|Favorite Color||White & Blue.|
|Love to do||Reading Books & Traveling.|
|Favorite Food||Chinese Dishes.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$50 Million US Dollars.|
|Monthly Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
|Mobile or Phone Number||Not Known.|
|Home Details||House in Germany.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Ursula von der Leyen
- As per Wikipedia, Ursula associated with Hanover’s legal issues in the 1990s.
- Then, she applied the Lower Saxony state legislature of 2003.
- Now, she came out as a strong personality to be the NATO security general.
- She got a cute nickname Rose Ladson from her incredible grandmother.
- Von der Leyen also raised the women rights in her college and a political leader.
- She had elected in the Trustees Board of the FIFA World Cup 2011.
- The 60-year-old Politician is trying to increase the women quota in the company’s board by 40% (2023).
- On the other hand, she designed assertive foreign policies for German connected with NATO and Ballistic States.
- Figure Measurements: Ursula von der Leyen’s height stands at 5 feet 6 inches tall physique (1.68 m). Her body weight is around 59 Kg (130 pounds).
Read Also: Who is Star Calee Lutes Model? His Story, Biography, Affairs & Lifestyle
- Furthermore, she awarded a foreign title Grand Cross of the Order for Merits to Lithuania 2017.
- She proposed the tax laws for same-sex marriages during 2013.
- She favored for the introduction of same-sex marriage in parliament in 2017.
- Now, she also planned to reduce the CO2 value in becoming the EU’s President.