VG Siddhartha Hegde (born in 1959) is an Indian Billionaire Businessman, Entrepreneur, and Executive from Chikmagalur, India. He is best known as CCD Café Coffee Day’s founder. In 1993, he established a successful coffee business in the Karnataka region.
The 60-year-old V.G. founded Café Coffee Day (CCD) in 1996. Furthermore, VG grew 28,000 tonnes of coffee yearly. He made a profit of Rs. 350 million from the local markets.
Death Cause, Suicide in Netravati River & Story
Café Coffee Day’s Business Tycoon, VG committed suicide in July 2019. He jumped in the Netravati River near Mangaluru on July 29, 2019. Now, the local Police and NDRF team found his dead body. He left a note for his family and business associates.
Café Coffee Day (CCD), Career & Net worth
The annual turnover of Amalgamated Bean Company (ABC) is Rs. 250 billion. There are 200 coffee outlets in South India. Now, the CCD Company is the largest coffee company in India. The curing capacity estimated 75,000 tonnes.
He was the first person who designed a youth hangout place in India. Presently CCD opened 1,423 retail chains in 209 Indian companies. On the other hand, ABC Company is the largest exporter of coffee in the Asian region. However, Siddhartha faced trouble due to the tax raid in 2017.
As per Money Valuation, the calculated V.G. Siddhartha Hegde’s Net worth is around Rs. 8,000 Crore Indian Rupees in 2019. However, his company’s shares Assets fell by 20% due to his sudden death.
The management is trying to cope with the sudden disturbance in the organization. His coffee plantation is in 12,000 acres.
His organization shares are continuously falling in the market. In addition to this, there was a loan burden of Rs. 7,000 crore on his company.
Early Life, Parents & Profile
VG Siddhartha Hegde was born in 1959 (age 60 years old, as the time of his death in July 2019) in Chikmagalur (Karnataka, India).
Furthermore, his father and mother were from the Vokalinga group. Siddhartha studied Economics from the St. Aloysius College, Mangaluru University. He belongs to Vokkaligas caste and follows Hinduism religion.
Wedding, Spouse & Children
CCD’s founder, V.G. Siddhartha tied the knot with his wife Malavika Krishna in 1990. Additionally, he is the son-in-law of the senior BJP leader named SM Krishna. His father-in-law served as Maharashtra’s Governor and Former Chief Minister of Karnataka.
V.G. has two children with his spouse. Apart from that, Malavika Siddhartha Hegde appointed as the Non-Executive Director of the CCJ group.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Real Full Birth Name||V.G. Siddhartha Hegde.|
|Nick name||VG Siddhartha.|
|Profession||Founder & Chairman of Chairman of Cafe Coffee Day Global Ltd (CDGL).|
|In The News For||Committed suicide and jumped in the Netravati river.|
|Age (As of 2019)||60 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1959.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Chikmagalur (Karnataka, India).|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Not available.|
|House In||Bengaluru, Karnataka (India).|
|Date of Death||July 29, 2019.|
|Place||Netravati River, Mangaluru.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 10".
Centimeters: 178 cm.
Meters: 1.78 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 74 Kg.
Pounds: 163 lbs.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Malavika Krishna.|
|Highest Qualification||Master Degree in Economics.|
|Alma Mater.||St. Aloysius College, Mangaluru University.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Prabhas.
Actress: Ashwariya Rai Bachchan.
|Dream Holiday Destination||London.|
|Love to do||Watching films & Playing golf.|
|Favorite Food||Coffee & French Toast.|
|Net worth (approx.)||Rs. 8,000 Crore Indian Rupees.|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||Rs. 200 Crore-Rs. 250 Crore.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||--|
|Home Details||Lived in Bengaluru, India.|
|Email Address||Not found.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about VG Siddhartha Hegde
- As per Wikipedia, VG Siddhartha employed as an intern in the JM Financial Limited, Mumbai (1983-84).
- In addition to this, His work roles include portfolio management and securities trading.
- Soon, Siddhartha returned to Bengaluru to start his own business and his dad gave him Rs. 30K.
- Then, he laid the foundation stone of the Sivan Industries (now Way2Wealth Securities).
- He invested in the Global Technology Ventures and set up a technology village in the Bengaluru city.
- Moreover, Siddharth brought to land and grew bananas on it for export.
- VG Siddhartha Hegde’s death on 29 July 2019 is a case of suicide, according to the local Police investigation. His wife Malavika Krishna is now handling Café Coffee Day (CCD) executive responsibility.
Read Also: Who is Celeb Suja Varunee? Her Biography, Lifestyle, Affairs & Story
- Way2Wealth is an investment consultancy firm started by him.
- The main services of the firm are financial planning loans, real estate advisory, mutual funds, and insurance.
- Additionally, he worked in the field in the furniture market with his Daffco Furniture Company.