Vijay Barse (born in 1945) is an Indian Sports Professor and Social Worker in Nagpur (Maharashtra, India). He retired from Hislop College as a sports trainer. In July 2001, he saw some slum children playing football on a rainy day.
Then, Vijay decided to do something for the betterment of the slum children. On his retirement, he received around Rs. 18 Lakh; therefore, he brought a piece of land in Nagpur city.
He created a sports academy for the underprivileged children. Barse founded the Krida Vikas Sansthan in 2001. Moreover, the NGO provided training and rehabilitation for the children.
Mr. Barse launched the Jhopadpatti Football Tournament during 2003. Around 15 districts of the Maharashtra state participated in the event. In 2012, he got the Real Hero Award from Sachin Tendulkar.
Early Life, Parents & Education
Vijay Barse took birth in the year 1945 in Nagpur, India. Moreover, he completed his primary and secondary education from a government school. The details about Vijay’s mother and father are not available online. He follows and believes in the Hinduism religion.
Spouse, Sons & Married Life
He had an arranged marriage with his wife named Rachna Barse. Vijay Barse received full support from the family members.
He feels proud to be the dad of two sons Priyesh Barse and Dr. Abhijit Barse. On the other hand, he resided in his house in Nagpur City.
|Full Birth Real Name||Vijay Barse.|
|Profession||Sports Professor & Social Worker.|
|Famous for||Founder of the Slum Soccer NGO.|
|Age (As of 2019)||75 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1945.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Nagpur (Maharashtra, India).|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Awards||1. Best NGO Promoting Sports (FICCI India Sports Award).
2. Manthan eNGO Award.
3. Nagbhushan Award.
4. Real Hero Award (2012).
|House In||Nagpur (Maharashtra, India).|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 10".
Centimeters: 178 cm.
Meters: 1.78 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 73 Kg.
Pounds: 160 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||8.5.|
|Parents||Father: Will Update Soon.
Mother: Not Known.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Wife Name||Rachna Barse.|
|Son||Priyesh Barse and Dr. Abhijit Barse.|
|Alma Mater.||Government College.|
Some Interesting Facts about Vijay Barse
- He arranged the first football tournament, and 128 teams participated.
- Barse organized the national level competition All India Rajeev Gandhi Memorial Jhopadpatti Football Tournament.
- Around 12 Indian states came into the competition.
- He went to Cape Town, South Africa, for the Homeless World Cup in 2007.
- Furthermore, he put his strong efforts and took his team to the international level competition held in Copenhagen, Dena mark.
- He invited in the first episode of Aamir Khan’s show “Satyamev Jayate” Season 3.
- He is working to improve the green cover in India by planting trees.
- Vijay Barse’s son Abhijeet left his US job and came to India.
- His children are helping him in his NGO.
- The Maharashtra state government gave him the Nagbhushan Award.
- In January 2020, Vijay‘s life biopic “Jhund” released.
- The veteran Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan featured in the movie too.
- On the other hand, the film also celebrated the directorial debut of Nagraj Manjule in Bollywood.
- He is trying to bring out women’s involvement in sports activities.
- Barse and his colleagues helped in the children’s training.
- Moreover, he actively shares his NGO work on his Twitter account.
- Slum Soccer received the Best NGO Promoting Sports (FICCI India Sports Award).
- The NGO also felicitated with Manthan eNGO Award in December 2012.