Wendy Chioji (born in 1962 – died October 07, 2019) was an American Actress, Journalist, Fitness Coach, Triathlete, and Former News Anchor from Orlando, Florida. She is well recognized for being the news anchor at WESH-Channel 2 in Orlando, Florida.
Furthermore, Wendy was diagnosed with Stage II breast cancer during a 2001 newscast. The journalist served in the media company for about 20 years before quitting the job from the WESH-Channel 2.
Later, she moved to Park City, Utah and began to participate in various outdoor activities such as hiking, skiing, running, and bike riding. In 2012, the actress ran at the Kona World Championship.
She competed in dozens of half-Ironman distance races and many shorter races. Moreover, Chioji even hosted in the television program “Growing Bolder” along with Bill Shafer.
Battling Cancer & Death Cause
On October 07, 2019, Wendy Chioji passed away at the age of 57 after fighting a long battle with breast cancer for 18 years. The actress’s brother posted the tragic news about her demise on his Facebook account.
He said in the post that his sister lived her life to the fullest by traveling the world and doing adventurous sports. She has a blog titled “Live Fearlessly” where the actress shared her cancer-related stories in order to raise hope in someone’s life.
In fact, she also told her story when she participated in the Kona World Championship in the blog. Chioji wrote that crossing the finish line was a special moment for her as a cancer survivor.
According to Wikipedia, Wendy climbed big mountains in her such as Mount Fuji and Mount Kilimanjaro. Later, the former anchor even competed in an Ironman triathlon as a fitness coach.
Earlier, she proofed herself as a very brave woman by beating cancer twice. Unfortunately, she was not able to defeat the disease for the third time.
|Real Full Birth Name||Wendy Chioji.|
|Profession||Actress, Journalist, Fitness Coach, Triathlete, and Former News Anchor.|
|In the news for||Recently died due to cancer.|
|Age (As of 2019)||57 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1962.|
|Date of Death||October 07, 2019.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Orlando, Florida, USA.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||not available.|
|Current Residence||Park City, Utah, USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wchioji/?
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 4".
Centimeters: 164 cm.
Meters: 1.64 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 55 Kg.
Pounds: 121 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||36-27-36.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Parents||Father: Name not Known.
|Siblings||Brother: 1 bro.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend.|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Name not available.|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelors's degree.|
|School||Local High School.|
|Alma Mater.||will update.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Music Band: Nine Inch Nails.|
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Listening to music, Hiking, Climbing Mountains, & Artwork.|
|Favorite Food||Continental Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||Under Revision (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Wendy Chioji
- The former news host was born to her mom & dad in the year 1962 in Orlando, Florida, USA. Therefore, Wendy Chioji’s age was 57 years old, as of 2019.
- In 2013, the television personality revealed that she had been diagnosed with Stage II Thymic Carcinoma on her blog.
- Later, she went climbing Mount Kilimanjaro and after a few weeks underwent chemotherapy, radiation, & surgery.
- In addition, Wendy then climbed Mount Fuji with her father (name not available).
- For her treatment, the journalist enrolled in the clinical trials program at the National Cancer Institute.
- She even worked and contributed to Growing Bolder TV. The anchor tried to inspire many others dealing with various health issues.
- As a journalist, Wendy also hosted the show “Surviving & Thriving” (two-time Emmy-nominated) in his successful career.
- She traveled to various places like Japan, South Korea, Tanzania, and Ireland.
- In her adventurous life, the actress rode in the Ride for the Roses in Austin.
- Wendy even set her fastest Ironman swim time in the Beach to Battleship Ironman Triathlon in Wilmington.
- Many famous celebrities such as Amy Sweezey (meteorologist), Claire Metz (news reporter), Bill Shafer (journalist), Amy Kaufeldt, etc paid tribute to her on social media.