Christopher Stokowski (born January 31, 1952) is an American Businessman, Famous Personality, and Celebrity Son from New York. He is best-known as Gloria Vanderbilt’s Child, and Anderson Cooper’s half-brother who is an American journalist, television personality, and author.
Furthermore, the 52-year-old journalist is famous for working as an anchor of the Anderson Cooper 360° (CNN news show). Earlier, he did a daytime talk show “Anderson Live” from 2011 to 2013.
Moreover, Christopher Stokowski is also popular for being the second child of late Gloria Vanderbilt (American author, actress, fashion designer, and heiress). Recently, on June 17, 2019, his mother passed away at the age of 95.
The main cause of her death was stomach cancer. She diagnosed with the disease earlier this month. The news about her sudden demise was released by her son Anderson.
In fact, he claimed that she was diagnosed by advanced stomach cancer and it had spread. Cooper also stated that Gloria died at home in the presence of friends and family at her side.
According to a source, there is very less information about Chris’ life due to his longterm estrangement from Vanderbilt and her other children. He cut off himself from the rest of his family back in 1978.
Early Life, Parents & Siblings
Anderson Cooper’s brother, Christopher Stokowski was born on the 31st of January 1952 (age 67 years old) in New York, The United States of America. His mother “Gloria Laura Vanderbilt” was the last daughter and heir to the Vanderbilt railroad fortune.
Furthermore, Christopher’s father “Leopold Stokowski” was one of the leading English conductors of the early and mid-20th century. His parents married each other in April 1945 in a private ceremony.
He also has an elder sibling, a brother named Leopold Stanislaus Stokowski. As of education, Christopher graduated from Hampshire College with a bachelors’ degree.
In October 1955, Gloria and Leopold ended their marriage and took divorce. In fact, it was Leo’s last marriage in his life.
Mr. Stokowski passed away in 1977 due to a heart attack that took place in Nether Wallop, Hampshire. He was 95-year-old at that time. Christopher’s mom recently died of stomach cancer on June 17, 2019.
Personal Life, Spouse & Children
- As of relationship, Christopher Stokowski was happily engaged to his fiancee April Sandmeye. But his father passed away in 1977 and he started to see Christ Zois (Vanderbilt’s therapist).
- According to a source, Gloria Vanderbilt’s Son cut off from his family in 1978 as the outcome of an incident regarding Christ.
- He used to interfere with Chris and April’s relationship and also gave information about their personal affairs to Gloria.
- As a result, Sandmeye called off their engagement and broke up with him.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Full Birth Name||Christopher Stokowski.|
|Age (As of 2019)||67 years old|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||January 31, 1952.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||New York, United States.|
|Famous For||1. Being the half-brother of Anderson Cooper (American journalist, television personality, and author).
2. He is also the son of Gloria Vanderbilt (American artist, author, actress, fashion designer, heiress, and socialite) who recently died at the age of 95.
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Aquarius.|
|Current Residence||The USA.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 6' 0".
Centimeters: 183 cm.
Meters: 1.83 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 85 Kg.
Pounds: 187 lbs.
|Biceps Size||16 inches.|
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||44-34-37.|
|Shoe Size (US)||11.|
|Tattoos details?||Will Update.|
|Parents||Father: Leopold Stokowski.
Mother: Gloria Vanderbilt.
|Siblings||1. Brother: Leopold Stanislaus "Stan" Stokowski.
2. Half-brother: Carter Cooper.
3. Half-brother: Anderson Cooper.
4. Three half-sisters: Sonya Maria Noel Stokowski, Gloria Luba Stokowski, and Andrea Sadja Stokowski.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||April Sandmeyer.|
|Girlfriend & Fiancee||Will update.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||April Sandmeye (ex-fiancee).|
|Alma Mater||Hampshire College.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Tom Cruise.
Actress: Angelina Jolie.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Switzerland.|
|Love to do||Reading and Watching Television.|
|Favorite Dishes||Italian Cuisine.|
|Net worth (Approx.)||Under Revision (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings per month||Will update.|
|Office Address||Will Update.|
|Home Details||Not Known|
|Mobile or Phone Number||Will Update.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Christopher Stokowski
- Wikipedia: His mother Gloria was the third wife of his father Leopold. Earlier, he tied the knot with his first spouse Olga Samaroff (pianist, music critic, and the teacher) from 1911 to 1923.
- Hence, Christopher has a half-sister from his dad’s side named Sonya Maria Noel Stokowski (a former actress).
- Later, Leo wedded Evangeline Love Brewster Johnson (Johnson & Johnson heiress) and stayed together from 1926 to 1937.
- They also had two daughters and Chris’ step-sisters Gloria Luba Stokowski and Andrea Sadja Stokowski.
- Furthermore, he also has two step-brothers named late Carter Cooper and Anderson Cooper from his mother’s side.
- They were born to Gloria and her fourth husband Wyatt Emory Cooper.
Explore More: The Biography of Maelyn Jarmon, Story, Lifestyle & Affairs
- As of 2019, the 67-year-old Christopher is leading a very private person and has no children.
- Gloria also never said anything about the incident during her TV appearances as she respected Chris’ privacy.
- She and her youngest child Anderson also mentioned about him in 2016 documentary titled Nothing Left Unsaid.
- In 2016, Christopher Stokowski and Anderson Cooper reconciled their differences and reconnected as a family.