Carter Vanderbilt Cooper (born January 27, 1965 – died July 22, 1988) was an American Famous Personality and Celebrity Kid from Manhattan, New York. He was best-known as Gloria Vanderbilt’s Child and Anderson Cooper’s Brother.
She was an American artist, author, actress, fashion designer, heiress, and socialite. Furthermore, Gloria initially gained fame as a member of the Vanderbilt family of New York. They were successful with the shipping and railroad empires of Cornelius Vanderbilt.
Recently, on June 17, 2019, Carter Cooper’s mother passed away at the age of 95. The main cause of her death was stomach cancer. She diagnosed with the disease earlier this month.
Unfortunately, on July 22, 1988, Carter took his life and died by suicide. According to Wikipedia, he jumped from his family’s 14th-floor apartment. In 2016, Vanderbilt opened about her kid’s tragic demise and claimed that she still did not have closure.
Early Life, Profile, Age & Parents
Gloria Vanderbilt’s Son, Carter Vanderbilt Cooper was born on the 27th of January 1965 (age 23 years old, as of 1988) in Manhattan, New York, United States. His mom, Gloria, was very successful with her line of fashions, perfumes, and household goods.
His father “Wyatt Cooper” was an American author, screenwriter, and actor. He died at the age of 50 during open heart surgery on January 5, 1978. Earlier, he suffered from a heart attack in December 1977.
Personal Life, Spouse & Children
Furthermore, Wyatt was the fourth husband of Vanderbilt. They married each other on December 24, 1963. Carter Cooper also had a younger sibling, a brother named Anderson Cooper (journalist, television personality, and author).
However, his parents separated from each other in 1978 after the tragic death of Wyatt. On June 17, 2019, Gloria also passed away and the announcement was made by her son Anderson.
He also told that she was diagnosed by advanced stomach cancer and it has spread. Cooper also stated that she died at home in the presence of friends and family at her side. As of education, Carter graduated from Princeton University in 1987.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Full Birth Name||Carter Vanderbilt Cooper.|
|Nick name||Carter Cooper.|
|Famous For||1. Being the son of Gloria Vanderbilt (American artist, author, actress, fashion designer, heiress, and socialite).
2. She recently passed away at the age of 95 due to stomach cancer.
|Age (As of 1988)||23 years old|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Manhattan, New York, United States.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||January 27, 1965.|
|Date of Death||July 22, 1988.|
|Cause of Death||Suicide.|
|Buried Place||Moravian Cemetery, New York, United States.|
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Aquarius.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 11".
Centimeters: 180 cm.
Meters: 1.8 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 78 Kg.
Pounds: 171 lbs.
|Biceps Size||14 inches.|
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||40-30-35.|
|Shoe Size (US)||10.|
|Tattoos details?||Will Update.|
|Parents||Father: Wyatt Cooper.
Mother: Gloria Vanderbilt.
|Siblings||Brother: 1. Anderson Cooper.
2. Christopher Stokowski (half-brother).
3. Leopold Stanislaus Stokowski (half-brother).
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Girlfriend & Fiancee||Will update.|
|Alma Mater||Princeton University.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Keanu Reeves.
Actress: Lea Thompson.
|Dream Holiday Destination||France.|
|Love to do||Reading.|
|Favorite Dishes||Pan Cake, Fries, Chicken & Cheese Burger.|
|Net worth (Approx.)||Under Revision (As of 2019).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings per month||Will update.|
|Office Address||Will Update.|
|Home Details||Not Known|
|Mobile or Phone Number||Will Update.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Carter Vanderbilt Cooper
- Wikipedia: His mom’s first husband was Pat DiCicco (agent and producer). They wedded from 1941 to 1945 and the main reason for their separation was domestic violence.
- Later, she tied the knot with her second spouse “Leopold Stokowski” (English conductor) in April 1945.
- The former couple also shared two sons together.
- Therefore, Carter Vanderbilt Cooper had two half-brothers named Christopher Stokowski and Leopold Stanislaus Stokowski.
- Anderson Cooper’s Sibling loved to spend his free time with his family.
- However, Gloria and Leopold’s marriage ended in 1955 and they took divorce.
- He was living in a depression. Later, he decided to end his life. Carter Cooper’s death cause is Suicide.
Explore More: Who is Karin Rutten? His Biography, Affairs, Lifestyle & Story
- After the death of Carter’s father, Gloria dated her boyfriend Gordon Parks (photographer and filmmaker) until his demise in 2006.
- His younger brother Anderson once described him as a gentle boy. He also told that he had interests in subjects like military history and politics.
- In 1997, Gloria Vanderbilt published a book titled “A Mother’s Story” in which she told about the day and the experience of losing her son.
- In the 2016 HBO documentary “Nothing Left Unsaid“, she and Anderson both talked about the most tragic incident that happened in their life.