Deborah Dugan (born in 1958) is an American Executive, Former President & CEO, and Social Media Personality from Greenvale, New York. She is best for being the former President & CEO of The Recording Academy. She held the position from August 01, 2019, to January 16, 2020.
In fact, Dugan also created history after becoming the first woman who appointed as president & CEO of The Recording Academy. Furthermore, the company announced on January 16, 2020, that she was relieved from her duties.
Deborah placed on administrative leave from the organization. This decision was taken by the Recording Academy after she was accused of unspecified misconduct by one of the fellow staff members.
On January 17, 2020, the company shared the news with a statement. They revealed that a member from their team raised a concern to a board of trustees regarding Dugan. However, the name of the employee is not yet revealed by them.
Later, the board also announced that they also retained two independent third-party investigations of the allegations.
Career & Various Projects
The 61-years-old executive launched her profession many years ago. Her first job was at Wall Street as a mergers and acquisition attorney. As a CEO, she used to serve alongside the senior management team, 12 Chapter Boards and Officers, and Board of Trustees.
As per the source, Dugan also works as President/CEO of the Academy’s charitable affiliate called “MusiCares”. In addition, she used to oversee the creative as well as a strategic vision for the annual Grammy Awards.
Deborah managed various issues related to music events, conferences, roundtables, keynotes, etc. Moreover, she even manages and develops strategic advocacy positions. Previously, the executive remained the chief executive officer of RED.
It is an AIDS organization and Deborah joined the firm in 2011. She even worked as a President of Disney Publishing worldwide.
Earlier, she served as a senior advisor to the Tribeca Entreprises Board. She also worked for almost eight years at EMI/Capitol Records as an executive vice president.
|Real Full Birth Name||Deborah Dugan.|
|Profession||Executive and Former President & CEO.|
|Famous for||being the former President & CEO of The Recording Academy.|
|held the position||from August 01, 2019, to January 16, 2020.|
|In the news for||accused of unspecified misconduct by one of the fellow staff members.|
|Age (As of 2019)||61 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1958.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Greenvale, New York, USA.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||not available.|
|Current Residence||Santa Monica, California, USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/deb_dugan/?
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 173 cm.
Meters: 1.73 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 65 Kg.
Pounds: 143 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||40-32-38.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||8.|
|Parents||Father: name not available
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Not disclosed by her.|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Name not available.|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelors's degree.|
|School||Boca Ciega High School.|
|Alma Mater.||The University of Florida.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Tom Cruise.
Actress: Scarlett Johansson.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Switzerland.|
|Love to do||Reading, Traveling and Watching Movies.|
|Favorite Food||Italian Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$1-2 million US dollars (As of 2019).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Deborah Dugan
- She was born to her father and mother in 1958 in Greenvale, New York, the United States of America (Deborah Dugan’s age is 61 years old, as of 2019). But there are no details about her birthdate on the internet.
- She completed her school education from Boca Ciega High School.
- Later, she graduated from the University of Florida and received a bachelors’ degree.
- As of January 2020, the executive serves as a co-chair of The Moth. It is an award-winning firm that works toward promoting art and craft of storytelling.
- Harvey Mason Jr. replaced Deborah and became the new President and CEO of The Recording Academy. He is an American music producer who worked with various big artists including Jennifer Hudson and Chris Brown.
- Deborah Dugan stands a good height of 5 ft 8 in (173 cm tall) and weighs 65 kg approximately.
- Furthermore, Dugan also received one of the positions in the “100 Most Influential Women” by Forbes.
- She also spotted the position in Elle’s Top Women To Help Change the World.
- Moreover, Deborah received the honor with PTTOW!’s Nelson Mandela’s Changemakers Award.
- The 61-years-old executive is a happily married woman but there is no information about her husband on social media.
- In fact, the couple also shares three children together including a daughter Amanda.