Donna Rotunno (born in 1978) is an American Criminal Defense Attorney from Illinois, Chicago. She is famous for being the attorney of Harvey Weinstein (American former film producer). He is an alleged sex offender who is accused of sexual misconduct by more than 80 women.
Jury deliberations have started on February 18, 2020, in Weinstein’s trial for rape and assault. Earlier, the producer dismissed all accusations of non-consensual sex. Donna said in her op-ed that jurors were told by judges to avoid all media coverage which was not possible in the case of Harvey.
Sexual Assault Case of Harvey Weinstein
Her op-ed was published in Newsweek on February 16, 2020. She said in it that Harvey Weinstein’s story presented out to the judges in a biased manner. The attorney even told that the jurors’ verdict should be based only on the testimony in the courtroom.
Rotunno strongly believes that the former film producer is innocent. In addition, Joan Illuzzi (lead prosecutor) asked that the judge rule on the borderline jury tampering of the op-ed.
Later, the judge said to Rotunno that he would like to hear from her about the article. The celebrity lawyer claimed that she was speaking about the jury system overall. But the judge then concluded to avoid speaking to the media by ordering the defense team until the next verdict.
|Real Full Birth Name||Donna Rotunno.|
|Profession||Criminal Defense Attorney.|
|Famous for||being the lawyer of Harvey Weinstein (American former film producer).|
|Age (How old, as of 2019)||42 years old.|
|Date of Birth||1978.|
|Birthplace||Illinois, Chicago, USA.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||not available.|
|Current Residence||Illinois, Chicago, USA.|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 173 cm.
Meters: 1.73 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 62 Kg.
Pounds: 136 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||34-28-38.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Parents||Father: Name not Known.
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend.|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelors's degree.|
|School||Local High School.|
|Alma Mater.||Chicago Kent College of Law.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Ryan Gosling.
Actress: Rachel McAdams.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Switzerland.|
|Favorite Color||Dark Blue.|
|Love to do||Reading.|
|Favorite Food||Italian Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$4-5 million US dollars (As of 2019).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Donna Rotunno
- Donna Rotunno was born to her father and mother in 1978 (age 42 years, as in 2019) in Illinois, Chicago, USA. There are no details about her actual birthdate on the internet.
- Her mom works as a teacher and the lawyer’s dad is a grocery entrepreneur.
- Harvey Weinstein’s lawyer was always passionate about practicing law from “The Paper Chase”.
- In fact, she and her parents used to watch the show together.
- After completing her school education, the lawyer graduated from Chicago Kent College of Law.
- In 1997, she started her first job in Cook County state’s attorney office as a clerk.
- Rotunno gained experience of almost three years and then appointed as an assistant state’s attorney in Illinois.
- In the initial days of her career, she worked on various domestic violence and felony criminal cases.
- At the age of 29, Donna Rotunno established her own firm.
- She is a specialist in winning sex crimes and criminal cases in Chicago.
- Donna often dubbed as a “Bulldog in the Courtroom”.
- She handled more than 40 cases in her successful career and lost only one.
- During her New York Times podcast interview, she garnered immense controversy after making an inappropriate comment.
- As per the source, she was asked if she had ever been sexually assaulted. The lawyer shocked everyone after saying that she would never put herself in that position.
- Moreover, she was also accused of calling the eyewitnesses fabricators who just want fame by the prosecution.
- Rotunno is even a founder and senior partner of R&G Law Group.
- Some of the accusers of Harvey Weinstein are Jessica Mann, Emanuela Postacchini, and Asia Argento.