Hoda Kotb (born August 09, 1964) is an American Broadcast Journalist, Television Personality, Author, and Social Media Star from Norman, Oklahoma. She is best known for her appearance as the main co-anchor of the NBC News morning show Today.
The journalist launched her career with her first job as CBS affiliate WXVT in Greenville, Mississippi. Later, Hoda became a reporter to ABC affiliate WQAD and served there for a year from 1988 to 1989.
Some of her early works are at CBS affiliate WINK and CBS affiliate WWL. Furthermore, she made her NBC debut as a correspondent for Dateline NBC. As a host, Kotb did her first show at Today’s first fourth-hour weekday morning broadcast in September 2007.
As an author, her debut book which was an autobiography titled “Hoda: How I Survived War Zones, Bad Hair, Cancer, and Kathie Lee” became a New York Times bestseller. It came out in October 2010.
Personal Affairs, Boyfriend, Spouse & Children
Back in 2005, Hoda dated and married her husband “Burzis Kanga”. He remained a former University of New Orleans tennis coach. However, there is no much information about how they first met, their marriage venue & date, and the reason for their separation.
In 2008, the ex-couple officially divorced each other. Since 2013, Kotb has been in a romantic relationship with her boyfriend, Joel Schiffman (entrepreneur and financier). They first met during a speaking event hosted by Wall Street Professionals.
Later, the pair connected via email and began dating privately. On November 25, 2019, the journalist announced her engagement with him on Monday morning on the Today show.
Earlier, Joel tied the knot to his first wife (name not available) and share a daughter named Kyle Schiffman. In February 2017, the TV host adopted a child “Haley Joy Kotb” along with Schiffman. The same year, they adopted one more girl “Hope Catherine Kotb”.
|Real Full Birth Name||Hoda Kotb.|
|Profession||Broadcast Journalist, Television Personality, Author, and Social Media Star.|
|Famous for||her appearance as the main co-anchor of the NBC News morning show Today.|
|Age (As of 2019)||55 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||August 09, 1964.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Norman, Oklahoma, United States.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Leo.|
|Current Residence||New York City, USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hodakotb/
|Debut in Media||1986: CBS News – news assistant Cairo, Egypt.|
|First TV Show/Movie||1. 2009: Lipstick Jungle as Herself.
2. 2015: Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! as Herself.
|Other appearances||1. Donny!
3. Brothers Take New Orleans.
5. Sharknado 5: Global Swarming.
6. Mickey and the Roadster Racers.
7. 30 Rock.
8. Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
9. Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce.
10. Lip Sync Battle.
|First Book||In October 2010, Hoda: How I Survived War Zones, Bad Hair, Cancer, and Kathie Lee (autobiography).|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 9".
Centimeters: 175 cm.
Meters: 1.75 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 72 Kg.
Pounds: 158 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||38-30-38.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Parents||Father: Abdel Kader Kotb.
Mother: Sameha Kotb.
|Siblings||Brother: Adel Kotb.
Sister: Hala Kotb.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend Burzis Kanga.|
|Boyfriend||Joel Schiffman (fiance).|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Burzis Kanga (m. 2005 - div. 2008).|
|Daughter||1. Haley Joy Kotb.
2. Hope Catherine Kotb.
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelors's degree.|
|School||Fort Hunt High School.|
|Alma Mater.||Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Ellen DeGeneres (American comedian, television host, and actress).|
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Reading, Theatre Play & Artwork.|
|Favorite Food||French Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$12 million US dollars (As of 2018).|
|Salary, Income & Earnings||--|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Hoda Kotb
- The journalist was born to Abdel Kader (father) and Sameha (mother) on the 9th of August 1964 in Norman, Oklahoma, USA. Hence, Hoda Kotb’s age is 55 years old, as of 2019.
- She belongs to Egyptian-American ethnicity as her parents are from Egypt.
- The host has two siblings named Adel Kotb (brother) and Hala Kotb (sister).
- Currently, her mom works at the Library of Congress. In 1986, Hoda’s dad died due to health issues at the age of 51.
- He used to serve as a fossil energy specialist.
- The talented media personality completed her school education from Fort Hunt High School in 1982.
- Kotb graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in broadcast journalism from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in 1986.
- Furthermore, the journalist weighed herself on her show “Today with Hoda & Jenna” along with Jenna Bush Hager in November 2019. Her weight was 158 lbs (72 Kg).
- Hoda Kotb has an impressive height of 5 ft 9 in (1.75 meters tall) with a modest build.
- In late 2016, she and her fiance purchased a lavish apartment and started to live together.
- She appeared in various TV shows like Donny!, Younger, Nashville,30 Rock, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce, Lip Sync Battle, etc.