Julie Frates (born in 1990) is an American Homemaker, Internet Personality, and Former Sportsperson’s Partner from Marblehead, Massachusetts. She is well recognized as the spouse of Pete Frates (Former Baseball Player).
Pete first gained media attention after participating in the “Ice Bucket Challenge”. Later, the challenge went viral on the internet in order to raise money to promote awareness of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
In fact, the campaign became huge and exploded on the internet after Frates and his family got involved. Pete suffered from motor neuron disease that weakens muscles. It also impacts the physical function of the person.
Unfortunately, on December 09, 2019, Pete Frates died at the young age of 34 after suffering from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis for several years. His death news first disclosed by his parents that their son passed away on Monday.
Marriage with Husband Pete Frates & Children
The 29-years-old Julie Frates launched a romantic relationship with her then-boyfriend, Pete a few years ago. On June 01, 2013, she tied the knot with her husband in a private ceremony which took place at an oceanfront event in Marblehead, Massachusetts.
The following year, on August 31, 2014, the couple welcomed their child, a daughter named Lucy Frates. Her spouse was first diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis after he got an injury on the wrist.
The accident held when the player was playing for the Lexington Blue Sox in 2011. In addition, Frates got hit on the wrist by a pitch and noticed that the injury was not recovering properly.
After months of testing, Frates came to know that he diagnosed with ALS in 2012. Despite this, Julie never left the side of Pete and stood by him until his last days. The late player is survived by his partner and their girl.
|Real Full Birth Name||Julie Kowalik.|
|Famous for||being the wife of Pete Frates (American Former Baseball Player and Internet Personality).|
|Age (How old, as of 2019)||29 years old.|
|Date of Birth||1990.|
|Birthplace||Marblehead, Massachusetts, USA.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||not available.|
|Current Residence||Beverly, Massachusetts, USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/joojfrates/?
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 173 cm.
Meters: 1.73 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 62 Kg.
Pounds: 134 lbs.
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||36-28-38.|
|Parents||Father: Name not Known.
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known.
Sister: 1 sis.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Pete Frates (m. 2013 - until his death on December 09, 2019).|
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend.|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelors's degree.|
|Alma Mater.||British Columbia University.|
|School||Local High School.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Brad Pitt.
Actress: Scarlett Johansson.
|Favorite Food||Italian Cuisine.|
|Love to do||Shopping, Watching Baseball Game and Traveling.|
|Dream Holiday Destination||Switzerland.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$400K US dollars (As of 2019).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Julie Frates
- Pete Frates’ wife was born to her father and mother in 1990 in Marblehead, Massachusetts, USA. Hence, Julie Frates’ age is 29 years old, as of 2019.
- She completed her high school education from a local private school.
- Later, Julie whose real full birth name is Julie Kowalik graduated from British Columbia University in 2012 with a bachelors’ degree.
- Furthermore, her late husband told that he proposed her for marriage on November 11, 2012, during their trip to Paris.
- During an interview, Julie Kowalik said that when she heard the bad news that her then-beau diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis aka Lou Gehrig’s disease, nothing changed in their relationship.
- Frates’ funeral Mass will be held on December 13, 2019, at 11 a.m. at St. Ignatius of Loyola Parish. It is located at 28 Commonwealth Ave. in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts.