Marlene Kamakawiwoʻole (born in 1962) is an American Public Figure, Famous Personality, and Celebrity Partner from Honolulu, Hawaii. She is best known as a spouse of Israel Kamakawiwoʻole (Native Hawaiian singer, lyricist, and musician).
He was also a Hawaiian sovereignty activist. In 1993, Israel’s breakthrough album called “Facing Future” was released. Some of the hit songs are “Over The Rainbow / What A Wonderful World”, “Hawaiʻi ’78 Introduction”, “Panini Pua Kea”, “Take Me Home Country Road”, etc.
Moreover, the single track “Over The Rainbow / What A Wonderful World” was published on Kamakawiwoʻole’s albums named Ka ʻAnoʻi and Facing Future. It became a huge hit worldwide and also featured in various films, TV shows, and television advertisements.
On June 26, 1997, the singer tragically passed away at the age of 38. As per the source, he was also honored with the German national music award Echo. Israel also got a position in the 50 great voices series list as “The Voice of Hawaii” by NPR (National Public Radio).
In 1982, Marlene Kamakawiwoʻole married her husband “Israel Kaʻanoʻi Kamakawiwoʻole” after dating him for a while. Their wedding ceremony was a traditional affair that took place in the presence of friends & family.
They also blessed with a child, a daughter named “Ceslie-Ann Kamakawiwo’ole” in 1983. During his last days, Israel Kaʻanoʻi told his spouse that he was happy with his life. He even said her that Marlene and their teenage girl would always be fine.
Marlene cried when the singer told her that he loved them unconditionally. Israel later died after eight months after this conversation which was obviously the most difficult phase of her life.
At the young age of 35, Kamakawiwoʻole became his widow. Later, Israel Kamakawiwoʻole’s spouse became the shepherd of her family’s survival. There are no details about Ceslie-Ann but she is a married woman. She also has four kids making Marlene a grandmother.
Her partner’s demise cause was complications of morbid obesity. The later artist suffered obesity throughout his life. At his heaviest, Israel Kamakawiwoʻole weighed 343 kg (756 lbs) while he stood 6 feet 2 inches tall.
He was also diagnosed with numerous diseases including heart, respiratory, and other medical problems. His death took place around 12:18 a.m. on June 26, 1997. He was admitted to Queen’s Medical Center where the singer spent the last days of his life.
On July 10, 1997, Israel Kamakawiwoʻole’s funeral held. In fact, the Hawaiian flag flew at half-staff and his coffin lay at the state capitol building in Honolulu, Hawaii. He was the third person who received this honor.
|Real Full Birth Name||Marlene Kamakawiwoʻole.|
|Famous for||being the wife of Israel Kamakawiwoʻole (Native Hawaiian singer, lyricist, and musician).|
|In the news for||Google dedicated a Google Doodle in the honor of Israel's 61st birthday on May 19, 2020.|
|Age (How old, as of 2020)||57 years old.|
|Date of Birth||1962.|
|Birthplace||Hawaii, The United States of America.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||not known.|
|Current Residence||Hawaii, The United States of America.|
|Social Media Accounts||Instagram: not active.
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend.|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Israel Kaʻanoʻi Kamakawiwoʻole.|
|Children||daughter: Ceslie-Ann Kamakawiwo'ole.|
|Grandchildren||two granddaughters and two grandsons.|
|Boyfriend||Name not available.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 6".
Centimeters: 168 cm.
Meters: 1.68 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 65 Kg.
Pounds: 143 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||42-34-40.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Name not Known.
|School||Local High School.|
|Alma Mater.||will update.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Will Smith.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Love to do||Listening to music, Reading, Theatre Play & Artwork.|
|Favorite Food||Italian Cuisine.|
|Shows||America's Got Talent, NCIS, Wheel of Fortune, etc.|
|Favorite Song||Over the Rainbow.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$3 million US dollars (As of 2020).|
|Income Source||Inherited from her late spouse.|
|Last Updated||May 21, 2020 (©️ Copyright - Dreshare.com).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Marlene Kamakawiwoʻole
- Marlene Ah Lo was born in 1962 in Hawaii, the United States of America. Hence, Marlene Kamakawiwoʻole’s age is 57 years old, as of 2019.
- She has two granddaughters and two grandsons.
- She officially adopted two of her older grandchildren who were raised in her Pearl City home.
- They studied at the Hawaiian language immersion school.
- Like their grandfather, they also take ukulele lessons. Her grandkids are also fond of football.
- Furthermore, her daughter “Ceslie-Ann Kamakawiwo’ole” refused to give any interview and tries to stay away from any limelight.
- As of Marlene’s career, Israel Kamakawiwoʻole’s wife used to work in the cardiology department of Kaiser Permanente’s Moanalua Medical Center.
- According to official reports, she first met her future husband there and served as a caretaker of him at that time.
- Marlene Kamakawiwoʻole suffered from depression and other mental illness for one year after Israel was passed.
- On May 19, 2020, google paid tribute to her spouse by dedicating a Google Doodle in the honor of his 61st birthday.
- As per the description, he was also selected in honor of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month in the United States.
- Marlene’s father-in-law’s name is Henry “Hank” Kaleialoha Naniwa Kamakawiwoʻole Jr. and her mother-in-law’s name is Evangeline “Angie” Leinani Kamakawiwoʻole.
- She also had a brother-in-law named Skippy Kamakawiwoʻole who also died on October 01, 1982 at the young age of 28.
- Some of her late hubby’s best works are “Alone in IZ World (2001)”, “Wonderful World (2007)”, “E Ala E (1995)”, and “N Dis Life (1996)”.
- She never married again after the demise of Israel.
- As of 2020, she is living with her daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren in Hawaii.
- Moreover, Marlene Ah Lo also not active on social media accounts such as Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook in order to maintain her privacy.