Soledad Oppen Cojuangco (born in 1940) is a Filipino Self Employed and Philanthropist from Negros Occidental, Philippines. She worked as an associate in her ancestral business. Her husband named Eduardo Cojuangco Jr. (Politician & Businessman) died on June 16, 2020, in Taguig, Philippines.
Mr. Cojuangco Jr. suffered from heart failure and pneumonia and admitted to St. Luke’s Medical Center, Global City. However, he could not survive during the treatment process and died.
He served as the Chairperson and CEO of the Philippines’ largest food company San Miguel Corporation. He became the country’s largest businessperson as his business empire valued around 25% GDP of his country.
Additionally, he was one of the members of the NPC political party from 1991 to 2020. He served as the governor of Tarlac.
|Real Full Name||Soledad "Gretchen" Oppen-Cojuangco.|
|In the News For||Her husband Eduardo Cojuangco Jr. died on June 16, 2020.|
|Profession||Self Employed and Philanthropist.|
|Age (As of 2020)||80 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1940.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Negros Occidental, Philippines.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Zodiac Birth Sign||NA.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 5".
Centimeters: 165 cm.
Meters: 1.65 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 56 Kg.
Pounds: 124 lbs.
|Parents||Father: Not Known.
Mother: Will Update Soon.
|Personal Life Relationships|
|Husband Name||Eduardo Cojuangco Jr.|
|Son||Mark Cojuangco and Carlos Cojuangco.|
|Daughter||Margarita Cojuangco Barrera and Luisa Cojuangco Cruz.|
|Last Updated||On 29 June 2020 (© Dreshare.com).|
|College/University||Private College in Manila.|
Soledad “Gretchen” Oppen-Cojuangco took birth in 1940 in Negros Occidental, Philippines. Her age calculated as of 2020 is 80 years old.
Still, she did not reveal her mother and father on the internet sources. Eduardo Cojuangco Jr.’s Wife studied in the community high school. Then, she moved to Manila for her graduate studies.
Eduardo and Soledad wedded in the early 1980s. The couple shared two daughters, Margarita Cojuangco Barrera and Luisa Cojuangco Cruz. Soledad Oppen Cojuangco is the mom of her two sons whose names are Mark Cojuangco and Carlos Cojuangco.
However, she separated from her husband in 20000. Then, Eduardo started living with Aileen Damiles (Binibining Pilipinas Universe 1996 winner) and their two daughters. The news published in The Philippine Star.
Some Facts about Soledad Oppen Cojuangco
- Soledad and Eduardo advocated the importance and value of sports in our lives.
- The late business executive had known as the basketball godfather in the early 1980s period.
- Cojuangco Jr. showed his strong association with the Northern Consolidated Team.
- Through the San Miguel Corporation, he received the ownership of the three basketball teams San Miguel Beermen, Barangay Ginebra San Miguel, and Star Hotshots in the Philippines Basketball Association.
- He became the key benefactor of the De La Salle Green Archers basketball team men.
- He spoke English and other native languages like Tagalog (Filipino), Ilocano and
- Apart from that, he completed his studies from Lafayette College (New Jersey) and De La Salle University (Pennsylvania).
- His food and beverage company became the largest organization in South East Asia.
- He took the political roles in 1986 and assigned the Philippines ambassador.
- Soledad Oppen Cojuangco helped her spouse in the business and political work.
- Eduardo Cojuangco Jr.’s spouse effectively managed his appointments and task.
- He established his close bond with Ferdinand E. Marcos (President, Philippines).
- He played an important role during the imposition of Martial Law in 1972. Additionally, he was the only civilian in the Rolex 12 people group.
- Cojuangco Jr. accused as the mastermind behind the Benigno Aquino Jr.
- However, his name dragged in the Coco Levy Fund Controversy too on the dispute of the funds.
- He stated his plan to encourage the coconut plantation among the farmers in the Philippines.
- Still, Soledad Oppen Cojuangco’s spouse realized that all the funds went to the Marco family and their known associates.
- Apart from that, the government said that he used the maximum coconut levy funds to get control of the 72% stake in the United Coco Planters Bank.
- He acquired the assets and money valued around $1.16 Billion US Dollars as a well-known business personality of his home country. Moreover, he made his major investment in the food and beverage sector and earned massive profits.
- He provided military services on the colonel rank in the Philippine Air Force.
- He was ready for the 2004 presidential election in the Philippines and later on withdrew his name.
- Soon, he announced as the NPC party’s chairman with his power and planning he earned the title and value of the kingmaker in the party and the Filipino politics.
- He contested in the presidential elections of 1992. However, he lost the elections and secured third place. It was the time when he founded his Nationalist People’s Coalition to fulfill his dream. Fidel V. Ramos won the presidential elections (1992) with 23% of vote share.
- Ms. Soledad is a lover and philanthropist.
- She gave her generous support in the restoration of the churches in Tarlac and Negros.
- She learned the art of forgiving the people is the secret of her long-lasting marriage relationship of 55 years.