Sonu Ahluwalia (born in 1970) is an Indian-American Orthopedic Surgeon from New Delhi, India. Furthermore, she was the former Spouse of Pooja Batra (Bollywood Actress & Model). Sonu began his private practice in Los Angeles. Additionally, he is also a qualified doctor passed out in 1993.
He was also the medical expert in the “Good Morning LA” Fox News Show. Moreover, he regularly featured in the shows such as “Extra” and “Entertainment Tonight”. In India, he organized his own talk show “All is Well with Dr. Ahluwalia” aired on the Colors channel.
In fact, Ahluwalia gave health and fitness related suggestions to his viewers. He organized certain funny segments to increase the entertainment value of the program. On the other hand, Dr. Sonu also invited the guests who survived the life-threatening diseases.
During 2012, the Wall Street Journal prepared his profile titled “Dr. Oz of India”. Now, he collaborated with Clinical Chief of Orthopedic Surgery of the Cedars Sinai Medical Center.
Apart from that, his ex-wife Pooja married to her crush Nawab Sha (Film Actor). They headed towards a private beach wedding may be in Goa. Now, Nawab and Pooja officially announced about their wedding.
Early Life, Parents, Sibling & Profile
Pooja Batra’s Spouse, Sonu Ahluwalia was born in 1970 in New Delhi, India. As of 2019, his age is around 49 years old. Sonu has the real birth name i.e. Sonu S. Ahluwalia. Moreover, his dad was a retired army person.
His brothers also served on the different posts in the Indian Army. In fact, he qualified his medical degree from Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Medical College. As a medical graduate, Sonu moved to the USA for his high studied in 1993.
He lived his Los Angeles and successfully completed his medical residency at Harvard Residency College. Moreover, he was at the Harvard Combined Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program to complete his orthopedic fellowship.
Sonu bagged sports medicine fellow at the Lenox Hill Hospital. Meanwhile, he completed his shoulder surgery course in the Massachusetts General Hospital. He also accredited by the American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine.
Wedding, Spouse & Children
Sonu encountered his debut meeting with Pooja in a party. In fact, they often went for outings when he came to India.
Soon, the couple realized the unconditional love for each other. Then, Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia tied the knot with Pooja Batra in 2002. They ended their 8-year long marriage in 2010. Still, the two of them officially separated in 2011.
Bollywood Actress Pooja Batra married his longtime boyfriend Nawab Shah (Indian Actor) in July 2019. On the other hand, Sonu is leading his life as a single man.
Trivia & Quick Info
|Full Real Birth Name||Dr. Sonu S Ahluwalia.|
|Famous For||1. As the ex-husband of Pooja Batra (Actress & Model).
2. Top Orthopedic Surgeon in the United States.
|Age (As of 2019)||49 years old|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1970.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||New Delhi, India.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Social Media Stats||Instagram: @drsonuahluwalia.
|Awards||1. Super Doctor No. 1 declared by the Los Angeles Super Doctors Association.
2. Ranked as the top Orthopedic surgeon by US News & World Report.
3. "Dr. Oz of India" titled by The Wall Street Journal.
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Not Known.|
|Current Residence||Beverly Hills, California (USA).|
|Television Shows||1. Good Morning LA.
3. Entertainment Tonight.
4. All is Well with Dr. Ahluwalia.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 173 cm.
Meters: 1.73 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 68 Kg.
Pounds: 150 lbs.
|Biceps Size||13 inches.|
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||40-30-32.|
|Shoe Size (US)||8.5.|
|Parents||Father: Name Not Known (Army Officer).
Mother: Not Found.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Marital Status||Divorced (Once married in 2002).|
|Dating History?||Not Known.|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Pooja Batra (m. 2002; div 2011).|
|Highest Qualification||1. MBBS Degree from Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Medical College.
2. Harvard Residency College (Orthopedic Fellowship).
3. Lenox Hill Hospital (Fellowship,Sports Medicine).
4. Massachusetts General Hospital (Completed Shoulder Surgery Course).
|School||Private School in Delhi.|
|Alma Mater||1. Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Medical College.
2. Harvard Residency College.
3. Lenox Hill Hospital.
4. Massachusetts General Hospital.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celeb||Actor: Arjun Kapoor.
Actress: Parineeti Chopra.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Switzerland.|
|Love to do||Reading Books & Watching Football Matches.|
|Favorite Dishes||Dosa, Paratha & Rajma-Chawal.|
|Net worth (Approx.)||$2.25 Million US Dollars.|
|Salary, Earnings & Monthly Income||$400K USD.|
|Home Details||House in Beverly Hills.|
|Office Address||2080 Century Park East, Suite 1204, Los Angeles.|
|Email Address||Will Update.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||NA.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Sonu Ahluwalia
- Wikipedia: Pooja Batra’s Ex-husband, Sonu ranked as the top doctors by the US News and in the World Report.
- In addition to this, he named as 1st Super Doctor of the Los Angeles Super Doctors Association.
- He is finding the least expensive hip replacement options for the patient.
- In fact, Dr. Ahluwalia authored many research papers on the orthopedics.
- He presently worked along with many athletes of MLB, NBA, and NFL teams.
- Money Factor: As per wealth details, Sonu Ahluwalia’s Net worth is valued at 2.25 Million US Dollars.
- Ahluwalia also served as the Assistant Sports Physician for New York Islanders (NHL) and New York Jets (NFL).
Explore More: Who is Amit Purohit? His Biography, Story, Affairs & Lifestyle
- On the other hand, she spoke in the education conferences organized in USA and India.
- Since 2004, he is in the Beverly Hills region and with Lapeer Surgery Center.
- He attends the patients and performs the surgeries over there.