Steve Bing (born March 31, 1965 – June 22, 2020) was an American Businessman, Philanthropist, and Film Producer from the United States. He started a company Shangri-La Entertainment.
The organization deals in music, entertainment, property, and construction. Bing invested around $80 Million amount in the Tom Hanks movie titled The Polar Express. He earned $280 Million money after the film’s release.
He mainly connected with the finance department of the films. However, he committed suicide and died on June 22, 2020BBC. He suffered from depression in the quarantine period due to the widespread of the coronavirus.
He jumped from the 27th floor of his building in Century City, Los Angeles. Still, his former partner named Elizabeth Hurley mourned on his demise. Bill Clinton (Former President) expressed his sadness on Twitter.
I loved Steve Bing very much. He had a big heart, and he was willing to do anything he could for the people and causes he believed in. I will miss him and his enthusiasm more than I can say, and I hope he’s finally found peace.
— Bill Clinton (@BillClinton) June 23, 2020
Stephen Leo Bing was born on March 31, 1965, in the United States. He attained the age of 55 years old on his birthday celebrated in 2020. His father named Peter Bing (Doctor) and mother Helen Bing worked in the public department on the nurse position.
At the age of 18, he inherited around $600 Million from his grandfather Leo S. Bing who earned huge fortunes as a real estate developer in New York in the 1920s. Steve dropped from his junior year at Stanford University to make his career in Hollywood.
Assets & Income Valuation
The net worth of Bing valued $500 Million-$600 Million US Dollars as of 2020 records. He stayed in the Century City area. Moreover, he inherited a massive wealth of $600 Million from his grandpa and used it in his business expansion. He founded a company Shangri-La Entertainment and earned huge profits of $100 Million-$110 Million in film production work. He made donations and pledged his contribution to the NGOs and fundraising drives too.
Wife, Children & Love Affairs
Lisa Bonder (Former Tennis Player) and Steve Bing married and then divorced soon. They shared a daughter together Kira Bonder. In 2001, Bing sued billionaire Kirk Kerkorian for invading his privacy.
Additionally, Kirk took his dental floss for DNA testing. He wanted to know about the biological father of Kira. In the DNA reports, Steve turned to be the dad of Kira. Then, the whole issue sorted outside the court.
He struggled with the paternity issued with his second partner Elizabeth Hurley (English Businesswoman, Actress & Model). The duo blessed with a son named Damian Hurley. The private detective Anthony Pellicano recorded his phone calls. He convicted in the fraud case and sentenced to 15 years of prison punishment.
Bing could not testify in the following trials about his connection with the Los Angeles detective. He and his attorney Martin Singer had no connection with Anthony. However, he faced troubles in past relationships.
|Full Name||Stephen Leo Bing.|
|In the News For||Jumped from the 27th floor of his building and committed suicide on June 22, 2020.|
|Death Date||June 22, 2020.|
|Profession||Businessman, Philanthropist, and Film Producer.|
|Age (As of 2020)||55 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||March 31, 1965.|
|Place||Los Angeles, California.|
|Zodiac Birth Sign||Aries.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Last Updated||25 June 2020 (©️ Copyright - dreshare.com)|
|Residence Location||Los Angeles.|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 6' 3".
Centimeters: 193 cm.
Meters: 1.93 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 75 Kg.
Pounds: 165 lbs.
|Parents||Father: Peter Bing (Doctor).
Mother: Helen Bing (Nurse).
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History??||Not Revealed.|
|Girlfriend||1. Lisa Bonder (Former Tennis Player).
2. Elizabeth Hurley (English Businesswoman, Actress & Model).
|Wife/Spouse Name||1. Lisa Bonder.
2. Elizabeth Hurley.
|Highest Qualification||Drop out from the Stanford University.|
|Alma Mater.||Stanford University.|
|Net worth (approx. value)||$500 Million-$600 Million US Dollars (as of 2020).
|Earnings & Business Profits||$100 Million-$110 Million (from film production work).|
Some Interesting Facts about Steve Bing
- He produced and financed movies like Shine A Light, the Last Man Standing, and Beowulf.
- He wrote and produced the film titled Kangaroo Jack (2003).
- In the Los Angeles Business Journal of 2010, he listed among the wealthiest LA people with wealth valued around $590 US Dollars.
- Steve Bing committed to join “The Giving Pledge” (2012) campaign of Warren Buffett and Bill Gates. He agreed to donate his assets to charitable causes and social issues.
- He showed his active involvement in American politics since 1993.
- Furthermore, he contributed around $500 in the support of the candidate Frank Lautenberg.
- He signed his big cheques in 2002 amounted to $8.2 Million for the Democratic National Committee.
- He gave money for the election campaigns to the specific candidate’s named Al Gore, Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi, and Dianne Feinstein.
- William J. Clinton Foundation released the list of all the people who gave donations in the past.
- The details included the name of Mr. Bing as the contributor of $10 Million-$12 Million.
- In 2009, he used his private aircraft 737 to bring back the American journalists Laura King and Euna Lee who faced prison punishments in North Korea. Mr. Bing covered the cost of the entire flight estimated $200K. Bill Clinton shared all the information in the media.
- During the election cycle of 2006, he gave around $49 Million US Dollars.
- Steve Bing stands out 6 feet 3 inches height i.e. (193 in Centimeters). Additionally, the weight of his body calculated around 75 Kilograms (165 in Pounds). In the coronavirus lockdown, he suffered from the depression issues, jumped from the building, and ended his life.
- He donated his money to several social causes in his life.
References [ + ]