Terry Jones (born February 1, 1942 – died January 21, 2020) was a Welsh Actor, Director, Comedian, Screenwriter and Historian from Colwyn Bay (Denbighshire, Wales). He was an active member of the Monty Python comedy group.
Furthermore, he used innovative punch lines. Terry passed out from Oxford University with an English degree. In college, he found a good friend Michael Palin. Both of them collaborated professionally for the comedy shows like The Frost Report and Do Not Adjust Your Set.
Terry is the co-writer and creator of anthology TV series Ripping Yarns. On the other hand, he wrote an early film draft of Labyrinth film. However, he faced health issues of primary progressive aphasia in 2015. Jones was unable to speak and learn his lines.
Therefore, he took retirement from the show business and started the awareness programs. By April 2017, he stayed away from the interview; he could not speak a line. He found dead in his North London home on January 21, 2020.
Early Life, Parents & Profile
Terence Graham Parry Jones was born on the 1st of February 1942 (age 77 years, as in 2019) in Colwyn Bay. He was the son of his daddy Alick George Parry-Jones (bank clerk) and mom Dilys Louisa Newnes (homemaker). His father stationed in India for his RAF duties.
He moved to Surrey, England with his father-mother. Terry joined the Esher COE Primary School. Furthermore, he completed his former education from the Royal Grammar School, Guildford.
He was a school captain (1960-61) academic year. Jones finished his degree in English from St Edmund Hall, Oxford University.
Personal Life, Spouse & Children
He wedded with his first wife Alison Telfer in 1970 and then divorced in 2012. Furthermore, the couple was in an open marriage relationship. Terry Jones’ shared two children Bill and Sally Jones, with her former partner.
Later on, he indulged himself in a love relationship with Anna Soderstrom from five years. In 2012, the two of them married. They also have a daughter Siri Jones (born in 2009).
|Full Real Birth Name||Terence Graham Parry Jones.|
|Profession||Actor, Director, Comedian, Screenwriter and Historian.|
|In the News For||Died on January 21, 2020 in his North London house.|
|Age (As of 2019)||77 years old.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||February 1, 1942.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Colwyn Bay (Denbighshire, Wales).|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Aquarius.|
|House In||North London, UK.|
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 10".
Centimeters: 178 cm.
Meters: 1.78 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 76 Kg.
Pounds: 167 lbs.
|Parents||Father: Alick George Parry Jones (bank clerk).
Mother: Dilys Louisa Newnes (homemaker).
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||In a love affair with Anna.|
|Wife Name||1. Alison Telfer (m. 1970-div. 2012).
2. Anna Söderström (m. 2012).
|Daughter||1. Sally Jones.
2. Siri Jones.
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a English degree.|
|School||1. Esher COE Primary School.
2. Royal Grammar School, Guildford.
|University/College||St Edmund Hall, Oxford University.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Tom Cruise.
Actress: Emma Stone.
|Love to do||Switzerland.|
|Favorite Color||Black, Green & White.|
|Dream Travel Destination||Scotland.|
|Favorite Food||Fried Rice & Oats.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$15 Million US Dollars.|
|Earnings & Income||$5 Million-$7 Million.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Terry Jones
- He signed with 200 people in The Guardian pole so that Scotland should be the part of UK.
- Most of his articles criticized war and terrorism.
- Terry wrote some articles on political and social issues on The Independent, The Daily Telegraph and The Observer.
- He gave a cameo appearance in Jabberwocky.
- On the other hand, he did a drunken man role in BBC show The Young Ones.
- He was the songwriter and producer of The Nutcracker metal version.
- Terry joined the Carnival band and performed on the Ringing the Changes.
- His poems appeared in The Poetry Review.
- He gained the membership of the Poetry Society.
- On the other hand, he made documentaries, books based on the medieval, and ancient history.
- In 1980, he authored his first book Chaucer’s Knight: The Portrait of a Medieval Mercenary.
- He was the co-writer of Who Murdered Chaucer.
- Terry Jones’s height stands at 5 feet 10 inches and his body weight is 76 Kilograms.
- He co-directed Monty Python and the Holy Grail along with Terry Gilliam.
- He created a Hollywood movie “Absolutely Anything” (2015) with Robin Williams and Simon Pegg.
- In the BAFTA Cymru Awards, he awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award.
- The names of his books are Fairy Tales, Chaucer’s Nights, The Lady and the Squire, Evil Machines and The Beast with a Thousand Teeth.
- Terry acquired net worth around $15 Million US Dollars. On the other hand, his earnings through his movies and shows valued $5 Million – $7 Million. Terry Jones purchased a beautiful house in the heart of London City.
- He created some interesting punchlines for his TV shows with Michael.