Anderson Cooper (born June 3, 1967) is an American New Anchor, Journalist, Host, Television Personality and Author from New York, USA. He is best known as Gloria Vanderbilt’s Son.
Presently, the 52-year-old is the anchor at the CNN News channel. Anderson hosts a show named “Cooper 360”. Furthermore, his birth full name is “Anderson Hays Cooper”.
He is the correspondent for the CNN’s “60 Minutes” since 2007. He and Andy Cohen replaced Kathy Griffin to present the New Year’s show in 2017. Additionally, Anderson is also a freelance writer. He authored the articles for the magazines like Details and Harper Collins. Moreover, Cooper published a memoir “Dispatches of the Edge” at the Harper Collins in 2006.
The profits earned from the sales spent on charity. The book successfully topped the New York’s Best Sellers List of 2006. However, his mom and the fashion icon named Gloria Vanderbilt died as on June 17, 2019. She was around 95 years old at that time. On the other hand, she was in news for her style and confusing family relationships.
Gloria and Anderson united to launch “The Rainbow Comes and Goes; A Mother and Son on Life, Love, and Loss” series. Apart from that, he tried to maintain healthy relations with his stepbrother Christopher. He even launched a documentary on his brother’s suicide i.e. “Nothing Left Unsaid” in 2016.
Early Life, Parents, Siblings & Profile
The CNN Anchor, Anderson Cooper was born on the 3rd of June 1967 (age 52 years old) in Manhattan (New York, USA). Actually, his father is Late Wyatt Emory Cooper who was a professional writer. Wyatt died in 1978 by a heart attack. His mother “Gloria Vanderbilt” is an Artist, Actress, and Fashion designer.
In fact, Anderson was the younger son of Late Gloria Vanderbilt (Actress, Social Worker, Fashion Icon and Stylist). His maternal grandparents Reginald Claypoole Vanderbilt and Gloria Morgan Vanderbilt were the millionaire business personalities and socialites.
However, Anderson’s older brother Carter Vanderbilt Cooper died by suicide on July 22, 1988. He jumped from his apartment’s terrace in New York City. Additionally, he has two stepbrothers Leopold Stanislaus Stokowski (born in 1950), and Christopher Stokowski (born in 1952). In fact, Leopold and Christopher are the children of Gloria and Leopold Stokowski.
Anderson graduated from that Dalton School at the age of 17. Then, he took admission at Yale University to pursue a Bachelor degree in Political Science. Moreover, he traveled to Africa for a survival trip. Though, he contracted with the malaria trip. He admitted to Kenya’s hospital.
Personal Life, Gay Boyfriend & Spouse
Anderson is quite open related to his sexuality that he is gay. Furthermore, “The New York Times,” told that he is among the top gay journalists of the USA. In 2014, he welcomed as a guest at the “Finding Your Roots” show by Henry Louis.
He learned about his ancestor Burwell Boykin who lived in Southern America as a slave owner. Moreover, he acquired a historical estate “Rye House” in Connecticut with his partner in 2014. Recently, Mr. Cooper confirmed his break-up with Benjamin Maisani.
Quick Info & Trivia
|Full Real Birth Name||Anderson Hays Cooper.|
|Profession||TV Personality, Journalist and Author.|
|In The News For||His mother Gloria Vanderbilt died as on 17th June 2019.|
|Age (As of 2019)||52 years old|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||June 3, 1967.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Manhattan, New York (USA).|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Gay.|
|Social Media Stats||Instagram: @andersoncooper (1.7m followers).
|Awards||1. Silver Plaque at thw Chicago Film festival.
2. Bronze Award Winner at the National Education Film and Video Festival .
3. Bronze Telly Award (1993).
4. Emmy Award (1997).
5. National Headliner Award (2005).
6. Emmy Award for Award for the Anderson Cooper show (2011).
|Star Sign (Zodiac Sign)||Gemini.|
|Current Residence||New York, USA.|
|Shows||1. World News Now (1999-2000).
2. The Mole (2001-2002).
3. Anderson Cooper 360° (2003).
4. NewsNight (2005).
5. 60 Minutes (2007).
6. Anderson Live (2011-13).
|Books||1. Dispatches from the Edge: A Memoir of War, Disasters, and Survival.
2. The Rainbow Comes and Goes.
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 10".
Centimeters: 178 cm.
Meters: 1.78 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 70 Kg.
Pounds: 154 lbs.
|Biceps Size||12.5 inches.|
|Body Measurements (chest-waist-hips)||40-32-34.|
|Shoe Size (US)||8.|
|Tattoos details?||Will Update.|
|Parents||Father: Late Wyatt Emory Cooper (Writer).
Mother: Late Gloria Vanderbilt (Actress, Social Worker, Fashion Icon and Stylist).
|Siblings||Brother: 1. Carter Vanderbilt Cooper (Dead).
2. Leopold Stanislaus "Stan" Stokowski (b. 1950) & Christopher Stokowski (b. 1952) (StepBrothers).
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Highest Qualification||Degree in Political Science.|
|Alma Mater||Yale University.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celeb||Actor: Hugh Jackman.
Actress: Emma Watson.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Maldives.|
|Love to do||Photography, Traveling & Reading Books.|
|Favorite Dishes||Continental Food.|
|Net worth (Approx.)||$25 Million US Dollars.|
|Salary, Earnings & Monthly Income||Under review.|
|Home Details||House in New York City.|
|Email Address||Will Update.|
|Mobile or Phone Number||NA.|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Anderson Cooper
- Biography: Anderson shared his media experience as a baby.
- Moreover, he clicked photographs for Harper’s Bazaar.
- He appeared along with his mom in “The Tonight Show” (1970) at that age of 3.
- On the other hand, he revealed his father’s death through a heart attack in 1978 with his book “Families”.
- He modeled for the fashion brands like Ford Models, Calvin Klein, and Ralph Lauren.
- The 52-year-old went on “To Tell the Truth” program.
- Furthermore, he interned to a local news channel i.e. “Channel One” as a Facts Checker.
- Though, he tried to secure an internship at ABC but failed.
- At the Channel News, he produced the youth-oriented news.
- He visited Myanmar to cover the protest of the people against the government.
- Actually, his wish fulfilled to join ABC’s Correspondent in 1995.
- However, he left the CNN channel after the 9/11 attacks in the United States.
- Anderson Cooper height stands at 5 feet 10 inches tall or 178 cm. Moreover, he maintains a healthy lifestyle. Therefore, his body weight is around 70 Kg (154 pounds).
- Meanwhile, he focused on his new show “The Mole”.
- He reported in the second phase of the presidential debate with Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.
- Therefore, he is the first person as gay to moderate in the presidential debate.
Have a look: Who is Tony Joiner? His Wikipedia Profile, Story, Affairs & Lifestyle
- Cooper appreciated his Bosnian reporting with the Silver Plaque in the “Chicago International Film Festival”
- Money Factor: Presently, the calculated Net worth of Anderson Cooper is $25 Million US Dollars. His mom’s fortune estimated $200 Million USD, as of 2019.
- In addition to this, he covered the Haiti news in his “Anderson Cooper 360” and won the Emmy Award (2011).
- In 1993, he traveled the Somalia region to report about the disastrous famine.
- As a result, Mr. Cooper awarded the Bronze Telly Award.
- Wyatt’s younger child was the “60 Minutes” correspondent.