Iqbal Dhaliwal (born in 1971) is an Indian-born American Global Executive Director, Co-Founder, and Scientific Director from Amritsar, Punjab. He is well recognized as the spouse of Gita Gopinath. She is also an Indian-born American chief economist of the International Monetary Fund.
Furthermore, Gita is also the John Zwaanstra Professor of International Studies and Economics at Harvard University. In October 2018, Gopinath became the chief economist of the International Monetary Fund.
On the other side, Gita Gopinath’s spouse, Dhaliwal works as a global executive director of Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL). It is co-founded by Abhijit Banerjee and Esther Duflo who remained the winners of the 2019 Nobel Prize in Economics. He even serves with the Board of Directors to develop the organization’s strategic vision.
As a scientific director, Iqbal works with Esther Duflo of J-PAL’s South Asia regional office. In addition, he is even a board member of J-PAL and the NGO Noora Health. Dhaliwal is also Co-Chairs with Abhijit Banerjee of the Innovation in Government Initiative (IGI).
Personal Life, Spouse Gita Gopinath & Children
The 48-years-old Iqbal Dhaliwal tied the knot with his wife “Gita Gopinath” after dating each other for a while. Their wedding ceremony took place in traditional Indian 3-day events.
He and Gopinath first met each other while studying at the Delhi School of Economics. Moreover, his spouse even serves at the National Bureau of Economic Research as a co-director of the International Finance and Macroeconomics program.
In the initial days of her career, Gita also served as the Economic Adviser to the Chief Minister of Kerala. The couple shares a child i.e. a son (name not available). However, they are very private about their personal life & love life and stay away from any limelight.
|Real Full Birth Name||Iqbal Dhaliwal.|
|Profession||Global Executive Director, Co-Founder, and Scientific Director.|
|Famous for||being the spouse of Gita Gopinath (Indian-born American chief economist of the International Monetary Fund).|
|Age (How old, as of 2019)||48 years.|
|Date of Birth (DOB), Birthday||1971.|
|Birthplace/Hometown||Amritsar, Punjab, India.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||not known.|
|House In||Cambridge, Massachusetts, The USA.|
|Social Media Account Stats||Instagram: --
|Height (Tall)||Feet & Inches: 5' 10".
Centimeters: 178 cm.
Meters: 1.78 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 75 Kg.
Pounds: 165 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Chest-waist-hips)||44-32-36.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||9.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Name not available.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Not disclosed by him.|
|School||LaGuardia High School of the Performing Arts.|
|Alma Mater.||1. The University of Delhi.
2. The Delhi School of Economics.
3. Princeton University.
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Aamir Khan.
Actress: Priyanka Chopra.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Switzerland.|
|Love to do||Reading and Watching TV Shows.|
|Favorite Food||Indian Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$5-7 million US dollars (As of 2019).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Iqbal Dhaliwal
- Iqbal Singh Dhaliwal was born in 1971 (age 48 years, as in 2019) in Amritsar, Punjab, India. But there are details about his actual birthdate and zodiac sign on the internet.
- Furthermore, Gita Gopinath’s husband graduated from the University of Delhi in 1992. He received a Bachelor of Arts in Economics (B.A. Honors).
- From 1992 to 1994, he enrolled at the Delhi School of Economics in order to earn a Master of Arts in Economics (M.A.).
- Moreover, Singh Dhaliwal obtained a Master in Public Affairs (M.P.A.) from Princeton University in 2002.
- Dhaliwal started his career as a manager & teacher at Sant Memorial Public School in Gurgaon, India from May 1994 to July 1996.
- Later, he worked at the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) from 1996 to 2002 as a deputy secretary.
- Iqbal even appointed as a sub-collector and then promoted as a chairman and Managing Director.
- Gopinath’s partner moved to Vienna, Virginia in order to work Dean and Company as an analyst & strategy from 2002 to 2003.
- In August 2003, Iqbal Singh joined Huron Consulting Group as a Director and served there till April 2009.
- He also co-chairs with Shawn Cole of the Innovations in Data and Experiments for Action Initiative (IDEA).