Pam Bryant (born in 1954) is an American Socialite and Former Basketball Player Parent from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Pamela Bryant is well recognized as an estranged mother of Kobe Bryant (Ex-NBA Star).
He played for Los Angeles Lakers in his entire 20-season career in the National Basketball Association (NBA) from 1996 to 2016. His playing position was shooting guard.
Furthermore, Kobe remained an 18-time All-Star as well as a 15-time member of the All-NBA Team. In his successful career, Bryant also bagged a 12-time member of the All-Defensive Team and the 2008 NBA Most Valuable Player (MVP).
Kobe Bryant & Gianna Bryant Died in a Helicopter Accident
Her son whose real full birth name is Kobe Bean Bryant tragically passed away in a horrible chopper crash. The incident took place on the 26th of January 2020 when he and his daughter “Gianna Maria-Onore Bryant” went to one of Gianna’s basketball games.
They were traveling on Kobe’s Sikorsky S-76 chopper in order to avoid Los Angeles’ traffic. Unfortunately, the pilot lost its control in the foggy weather around 10 am. Later, the flying vehicle crashed in hilly terrain in Calabasas, California and caught fire.
As per the source, there were nine people were on board that day. According to Alex Villanueva (Los Angeles County Sheriff), no one was able to survive in a tragic accident.
Their death news was first confirmed by Adam Silver (NBA Commissioner) on his Twitter account. The cause of the helicopter crash is still unknown. Kobe was just 41-years-old and his daughter Gianna Maria was 13-years-old at the time of their sudden demise.
Personal Affairs, Spouse & Children
The 66-years-old Pam Bryant wedded her husband Joseph Washington “Jellybeans” Bryant in 1975 in a private ceremony. Joseph aka Joe is also a former basketball player who even played outside the USA in places such as Italy, Japan, and Thailand.
The couple shares three kids together. On March 19, 1976, their eldest child i.e. a daughter named Sharia Bryant (American Businesswoman, Socialite, and Former Volleyball Coach) was born.
Later, Pamela Bryant welcomed her second girl named Shaya Bryant on July 30, 1977. Finally, the pair’s son named Kobe came to this world. All their children were happily married before the tragic demise of the former NBA star.
|Real Full Birth Name||Pam Bryant.|
|Famous for||being the estranged mother of Kobe Bryant (Ex-NBA Star).|
|In the News for||Kobe and his daughter Gianna Bryant were killed in a helicopter crash.|
|Accident took place||on January 26, 2020, in Calabasas, California, USA.|
|Age (How old, as of 2019)||66 years old.|
|Date of Birth||1954.|
|Birthplace||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.|
|Sexuality (Gay or Lesbian)||Straight.|
|Sun Sign (Zodiac Sign)||not available.|
|Current Residence||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.|
|Height||Feet & Inches: 5' 8".
Centimeters: 173 cm.
Meters: 1.73 m.
|Weight||Kilograms: 75 Kg.
Pounds: 165 lbs.
|Body Measurements (Breast-waist-hips)||42-34-38.|
|Shoe Size (UK)||6.|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown.|
|Parents||Father: Name not Known.
|Siblings||Brother: John Arthur "Chubby" Cox III.
|Personal Life Relationship|
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend.|
|Husband/Spouse Name||Joseph Washington "Jellybeans" Bryant.|
|Daughter||Sharia Bryant and Shaya Bryant.|
|Highest Qualification||Graduate with a Bachelors's degree.|
|School||Roxborough High School.|
|Alma Mater.||Not known.|
|Hobbies & Favorite Things|
|Favorite Celebrities||Actor: Tom Hanks.
Actress: Jennifer Aniston.
|Dream Holiday Destination||Switzerland.|
|Favorite Color||Dark Blue.|
|Love to do||Reading, Theatre Play & Artwork.|
|Favorite Food||Italian Cuisine.|
|Net worth (approx.)||$500K US dollars (As of 2019).|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Pam Bryant
- Pamela Cox Bryant was born in 1954 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States (age 66 years old, as in 2019). Pam Bryant’s actual birthday is not available on the internet.
- There are no details about her father and mother.
- But, Kobe Bryant’s mother has a brother named John Arthur “Chubby” Cox III (born December 29, 1955).
- He is an American retired professional basketball player who played for teams such as Philadelphia Kings, Pennsylvania Barons, Washington Bullets, Chicago Bulls, Wilkes-Barre Barons, etc.
- Furthermore, Pamela Bryant completed her school education and graduated from Roxborough High School.
- Her late son tied the knot his wife “Vanessa Laine Bryant” on April 18, 2001, at St. Edward the Confessor Catholic Church.
- However, she and Joe were against his marriage as he was very young at that time. They even opposed his marriage to a woman who was not African-American.
- Through their wedding, Kobe and Vanessa welcomed four girls named Natalia Diamante Bryant, Gianna Maria-Onore Bryant, Capri Kobe Bryant, and Bianka Bella Bryant.
- Moreover, her oldest daughter lives with her spouse Jerrod Washington” who works as the director of sales and partnerships at SUN50 in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
- They share three children i.e. two girls including Tayah and one boy named Jett Washington. Jett is a football player who plays with the Apex Predators Flag Football Club in Las Vegas and the Jr. Patriots.
- Pamela Cox and Joe Bryant were not on talking terms with their late child since 2013.
- As per the source, they tried to sell his memorabilia without his knowledge.
- Pam Bryant is the aunt of John Cox IV (professional basketball player).